Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-01-2011, 05:33 AM   #1
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about
Default One Month Ago Today, My Dad Died

Not a sympathy post, but on the one month anniversary of his death, it just hit me so hard the things I won't be able to do with him.

We never did get to go camping in the camper I spent the last two summers restoring

Not golfing with Dad anymore is just something I can't wrap my mind around yet.

Fishing and hunting, I have absolutely no desire to do these things anymore, days at the cabin, just the two of us or my next door neighbor and his Dad, just the best memories of my life.

What I wouldn't give to just one more time, hear my Dad say , "I'll decide"!
Old 07-01-2011, 05:43 AM   #2
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: One Month Ago Today, My Dad Died

Wade I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be. All I can offer you is the support of a brother that will do anything he can to help you and yours out during this hard time. Just remember to look back at the good memories and times you guys shared. Know that our prayers and wishes are with you! God bless wade.

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:55 AM   #3
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Man that is a hard thing to deal with. I lost my father when I was very young and coundn't imagine going through it now. My thoughts are with you brother. PM me if you need an ear or if theres anything I can do to help.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

It is hard brother, but your dad would want you to continue to do the things you enjoyed together. Don't avoid them because of the memories, do them because of the memories.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #5
roro16

Lost my pops almost 7 years ago..its never easy brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #6
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Hang in there bro, keep the memories alive and do the things you did with him, it will make him happy knowing you are continuing doing the things you enjoyed together, lost my mom at 14, time heals all things.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #7
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre3239 View Post
It is hard brother, but your dad would want you to continue to do the things you enjoyed together. Don't avoid them because of the memories, do them because of the memories.
I feel exactly like this, just couldn't find the words!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #8
area51
Blowing Smoke Rings

First Name: Ken
Trading: (3)
Bolivar Army (Active)
area51 has a spectacular aura aboutarea51 has a spectacular aura about

Damn man, I can't even imagine this I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #9
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre3239 View Post
You are absolutely right, it's just there's times where you don't know how you can make it through the day. Today is one of them. However, your words are spot on correct. Thank you!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #10
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough

Hold tight to memories for comfort & may your memories give you strength.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH

All the memories I need right here, I think I've watched this 100x in the last four weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdiqdR8gwsY
Old 07-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #12
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about

I understand.

I lost my Dad in February. I keep thinking how he walked into the hospital at the beginning of December for a check up and never came home.

A handful of roses from his casket are in the dash of my truck - I can't bring myself to remove them.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:03 AM   #13
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice

My Dad passed away 8 years ago this June. It still tough when I fish, camp, or enjoy a good meal. I know how you feel man. Like Larry said your Dad would want you to go on enjoying the things you both enjoyed doing. You can always look up and give him a "this one's for you Dad" when you catch a nice fish, enjoy a beverage while camping or hit a nice drive while golfing.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #14
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volusianator View Post
All the memories I need right here, I think I've watched this 100x in the last four weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdiqdR8gwsY
Awesome, Wade! Thanks For Sharing! I Lost My Dad 3 Years Ago & It Still Hurts. Just Remember All The Good Times You Had With Him, Brother! Thoughts & Prayers Sent For The Lord To Give You His Peace.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #15
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

You do not mention how he died and it may be irrelevant. But I know the pain you must be experiencing. Sometimes things that happen just aren't fair.

My own childhood memories of my dad were less than pleasant. He was all too consumed with his work (police officer) and wanted to be left alone when he got home. He only took me fishing twice during my entire childhood and I think he later regretted it. We had a falling out in the summer of '92 that resulted in us not speaking for nearly 2 years. The reuniting took place on an afternoon in February, 1994 when I was involved in a car accident. At that time, I owned a very unusual car (Mitsubishi Galant-wasn't that many around then) and when he heard the description of the vehicle on the police radio, he knew it had to be me. From the time he arrived to see that I was okay until the time of his death in Aug. 1998, we never had another cross word between us. We made up for a lot of missed fishing trips in that next 4 1/2 years. It's been 13 years since his death and I'll always miss him.

Do like I do and smile every time you think of the good things you did get to do. Those memories of your dad will always be a comfort to you as they are for me. Thank God we were able to reconcile our differences because my brother and my dad did not and he carries that burden to this day.

Take care, brother and I hope things get better for you.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:40 AM   #16
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Wade..... I'm coming up on the 1 year anni of my dad's death. It doesn't hurt any less when I think about it, but with time you remember the good times more, and the pain less. Time does help, brother. Hang in there.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #17
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
You do not mention how he died
It was his third round with cancer and he was just tired of fighting. He made the decision to let it take him and we respected that. Not that it makes it any easier, but it was he decision, he fought hard for a long time with that disease.