Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 04-20-2016, 04:55 PM   #41
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2016 Golf Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brlesq View Post
I played for the first time this year during the past weekend here in Upstate NY. Course was in OK shape, but needs time to grow in. Was pleased with my 84 though!
"84" For The First Round Of The Year, Bruce? Remind Me Not To Get In A Bet With You!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:12 PM   #42
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Shot a 45 on the front and then the rain came. I'll take a 45 seeing as today was the first time I've touched a club since last year. Putting was the best part of my game today. The irons were not. Had a Camacho Blackout during the round also. Love those cigars.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:22 AM   #43
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Coming off a 10 day stretch at work, not sure why I decided working that many 12 hour shifts in a row was a good idea. Oh wait, for the "wedding" *cough* new irons *cough*

But, I'll be doing 18 tomorrow and 9 on friday. Can't wait to get back out in the sun. I would be golfing today too but I decided to smoke a brisket instead.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:22 AM   #44
mahtofire14

Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobalou View Post
Darn rain won't let up in the Midwest. Looks like next week is the best I can do to get back to practice and maybe 9 holes. Not much to do but I will get to the health club tonight. After that, I invited two ladies over for a movie and fine herfs. I wanted to take them with me to see live music but I figured we could ride the rain out, safe and warm.

Putting the clubs back into the trunk on Monday. Will play some golf up in Wisconsin with two other lady friends who also like to fly fish and puff herfs. So the order of business is herfs, ladies and golf/fly fishing....maybe in that order
Same here. Second week of league tonight after missing a week because of crap weather.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:40 AM   #45
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Still good people in the world. Went to play in our weekly Wed. league yesterday evening and noticed on the 4th hole I was missing my 8 iron. What? Never lost a club in my life. Hadn't needed it until the 4th hole, so I knew I hadn't just misplaced it. I played the same course this past Sunday, so I figured I had misplaced it then and hopefully someone had turned it in. To my surprise someone did. There she was behind the desk. A big relief. It's a Titleist AP1 712 with a Dynamic Gold XP R300 shaft. I'm sure I could find one on ebay, but man was I happy to get that baby back.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #46
SD Beerman
Have My Own Room

Trading: (3)
Cohiba
SD Beerman will become famous soon enough

Played 4times in 8 days. Lot's of fun, now back to work and reality. As usual my rounds got worse each time.
SD Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:48 AM   #47
galaga
Just call me Slappy.

Trading: (3)
galaga has a spectacular aura aboutgalaga has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Beerman View Post
Played 4times in 8 days. Lot's of fun, now back to work and reality. As usual my rounds got worse each time.
Twas fun though, especially because playing three way skins, we both got in Dennis' pocket. Green money
Old 05-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #48
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Went yesterday, wasn't having a great back nine. Then thunder heads rolled in and rained us out on the 17th. Lightning hit the course and we figured it was time to bounce.

Wont be going today either due to rain
Old 05-07-2016, 08:47 AM   #49
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

Worked in 9 yesterday. Shot a 43 with 3 three putts. kind of offsets my greens in regulation.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:54 AM   #50
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba View Post
Worked in 9 yesterday. Shot a 43 with 3 three putts. kind of offsets my greens in regulation.
I've been the opposite so far this season Mamba. Putting lights out but still trying to get my approaches dialed in. Shot a 43 at league last week as well.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:21 AM   #51
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobalou View Post
Also, a buddy of mine suggested ice hockey in the morning. He says that's all of the workout he needs for the day. He says that it burns off a ton of calories and he does sport a highly athletic look. My concern is that I haven't been on ice skates in years and I don't want to lose a few teeth in the process
It is a good workout. Sadly I'm a terrible skater. Especially sad since I live in MN and whenever I do go out and skate 5 yr olds can skate circles around me. Shooting and passing skills are good though. We actually started an adult floor hockey league so the guys that can't skate could still play. Ha! Lots of fun.

I know what you mean about getting too big as well. I played college baseball and we weren't allowed to do heavy lifting for this exact reason.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:44 PM   #52
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Beautiful night at league tonight. Finally got some very nice weather. Didn't play great but I had a great shot on an uphill par 3 that is my nemesis. Dropped a dart on it!

Old 05-19-2016, 07:56 AM   #53
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

So far it has been an uneventful season for me. Driving range about a dozen times. Played one round but it was a Shriner sponsored outing so scramble with FREE booze so my score was well above my usually poor scores.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:45 AM   #54
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

We need to get together some time in June mike
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
Old 05-19-2016, 01:05 PM   #55
dijit
Have My Own Room

dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba View Post
We need to get together some time in June mike
I am off 3 5 8 13 14 17 18 22 23 27 28
Old 05-26-2016, 09:27 AM   #56
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

LGC

Heads up if anybody needs a new bag on the cheap, Ross apparently carried Nike bags. Picked up a Nike Sport Cart III for $59
Old 05-26-2016, 12:52 PM   #57
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Shot an 84 last night at league (43,41). Doubt I'll be in the money but I picked up a longest putt proxy on 18 with a 30 footer. Fun end to a decent round.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:08 AM   #58
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

LGC

Shot an 35 on a short 9 hole yesterday. I believe par is 31. By far my best round ever
Old 05-27-2016, 11:32 AM   #59
dijit
Have My Own Room

Two rounds in in the last 7 days. Sun played deercreek. and shot 43,53 talk about inconsistant! played again on Wed same course shot 44,46. I havent shot back to back under 100 in 10 years. Look out seniors tour here I come!
Old 06-14-2016, 08:04 PM   #60
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ

Shot an 88 today with four 3 putts. Greens were running pretty quick. Mike the 27th or 28th might work.