Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-21-2021, 01:47 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Cigars after all these years

I went to church this morning and came home and it's made me think about what i'm thankful for. i came home and smoked a bundle cigar i recently purchased a Famous 6000 Nicaraguan robusto and after that a 2009 RyJ Conornita en cedro. i smoked the latter until my fingers burned. I'm also a little philosophical about cigars and how they help me.

Back in 2004 i was diagnosed with necrotizing pancreatitis and was given a less than 10% chance to live. By Gods grace i lived through it but not without permanently damaging many internal organs. My pancreas burst which leaked pancreatic (digestive) enzymes all over my insides. After many years of my body compensating enough for me to return back to work my health has caught up with me

In 2018 i was diagnosed with a subphrenic abscess and was told once again that i was in grave condition. By Gods grace i lived. Then, it happened again.......two more times. that left me in a disabled condition. I have no feeling below my knees (I've posted some of this on BOTL.org) So, i walk with a cane and have to be VERY careful where i walk. I broke my left Humerus with a nice spiral fracture and had the largest fixator placed in me because of my new found ability to fall. I also take 26 pills a day including powerful narcotics for the daily pain i live with.

I say all of this to say i'm thankful for finally being healthy enough to enjoy cigars once again. I've found i need less pain medication on days i smoke a cigar or two. They also help me in reflecting on how blessed I've been to still be here. I was also told at one point they thought they had found mets in my liver but turned into non-cancerous tumors on my liver. I am truly blessed and thankful

Brothers and sisters of the leaf no matter how bad you may think things can get the one thing i've leaned is there's always someone out there worse off than you. Let's not forget to reach down to the less fortunate this thanksgiving and pick someone up. I remember when i was in Miami's jackson memorials ICU bleeding out internally that there was a lady across from me who happened to live in my county so we befriended that ladies husband and he'd come to me to talk to be because his wife was sedated and couldn't talk. I remember even in my sad state that someone always has it worse and in my broken condition found myself praying for her. I hope you all have a blessed thanksgiving this year and hope next year will be your banner year! I don't have much of a point in this post so please read it in the spirit it's being written. I'm just grateful to be alive
Old 11-21-2021, 06:57 PM   #2
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cigars after all these years

Great post Jason, glad you are able to enjoy cigars again
Old 11-22-2021, 06:05 AM   #3
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Thanks For Sharing, Jason!. Cigars Always Help Me Relax And Meditate On All My Blessings. May You & Your Family Also Have A Blessed Thanksgiving!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 07:50 AM   #4
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Jason, thanks for the post.

Everyday is indeed a gift of God to be enjoyed. It is unfortunate it's so many forget that we're supposed to thank God even for our sufferings, going so far even to say that if you do not have earthly blessings, then God is not happy with us.

I will indeed keep you in my prayers!
Old 11-22-2021, 08:02 AM   #5
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Jason, thanks for the post.

Everyday is indeed a gift of God to be enjoyed. It is unfortunate it's so many forget that we're supposed to thank God even for our sufferings, going so far even to say that if you do not have earthly blessings, then God is not happy with us.

I will indeed keep you in my prayers!
"That's a big 10-4 good buddy!"
~C.H. Spurgeon~

i believe thats one of his lesser known quotes and i'm almost 1% sure it's totally accurate.

Thank you for your kind words! God Bless you!
Old 11-22-2021, 08:59 AM   #6
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Wise insight from someone who has been through so much.

Jason, I'm glad you're still kicking, able to enjoy a fine cigar, and back in the fold with us again.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 09:14 AM   #7
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Wise insight from someone who has been through so much.

Jason, I'm glad you're still kicking, able to enjoy a fine cigar, and back in the fold with us again.
Tom, I still haven't forgiven you for sending me my first ISOM. My bank account hasn't been the same!
Old 11-22-2021, 09:15 AM   #8
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post
Tom, I still haven't forgiven you for sending me my first ISOM. My bank account hasn't been the same!
I stand by my actions, regardless of the consequences, Jason!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-22-2021, 09:28 AM   #9
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I stand by my actions, regardless of the consequences, Jason!
you haven't moved in the last few years have you? just asking..........
Old 11-22-2021, 11:20 AM   #10
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough

God bless you Jason you have a amazing outlook on life even after going through so much!
Old 11-22-2021, 11:28 AM   #11
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

This is both a pun and a serious statement.

Thank you for breathing new life into the board

You make so many good points and remind me that even in our dark times, there can be someone there for you, even if neither of them recognized it at the time.

I am so glad that you were able to come back and share your story. Most inspiring.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:56 AM   #12
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
I am so glad that you were able to come back and share your story. Most inspiring.
Couldn't agree more, glad to see you back around and posting Jason!
Old 11-22-2021, 01:15 PM   #13
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post
you haven't moved in the last few years have you? just asking..........
I entered a monastery, we don't get mail but you can send good Karma.

Old 11-22-2021, 02:08 PM   #14
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Thank you all for your nice replies. I was hoping it wasn't too preachy. Glad to see some familiar posters again. thanks again guys!
Old 11-22-2021, 04:20 PM   #15
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Thank you Jason for your testimony. You are absolutely 100% correct. No matter how bad we may think we have it, there is always someone who is worse off. When I hear my daughter get frustrated and say "I hate my life!", it pains me. Because I know what my wife went through to get her here and our last 7 years journey with her on her diabetes diagnosis and the later discovery that our daughter had hybrid diabetes. That is a Type 1 with insulin resistance of type 2. Frustrating to deal with but she is doing very well. I tell her all the time she doesn't understand that her yoke is much lighter than many kids that struggle with more serious issues. I pray for you to feel better so you will gain a better quality of life.
Old 11-22-2021, 05:07 PM   #16
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
Thank you Jason for your testimony. You are absolutely 100% correct. No matter how bad we may think we have it, there is always someone who is worse off. When I hear my daughter get frustrated and say "I hate my life!", it pains me. Because I know what my wife went through to get her here and our last 7 years journey with her on her diabetes diagnosis and the later discovery that our daughter had hybrid diabetes. That is a Type 1 with insulin resistance of type 2. Frustrating to deal with but she is doing very well. I tell her all the time she doesn't understand that her yoke is much lighter than many kids that struggle with more serious issues. I pray for you to feel better so you will gain a better quality of life.
Thank you brother!