Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
smokey69
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
smokey69 is on a distinguished road
Default cigar info. please i am new to the site

Hi, I have been smoking cigars on and off for about 20 yrs. I know a little about the brands and quality. I am not an avid studier of cigar brands.
Anyway i have the opportunity to buy a vast collection of rare cigars and 3 humidors. He states he has 3-500 cigars that are rare.
Here are some he lists below
Tatuaje 2008 Hoye de Monterey Special Edition Cubans 2011 Padilla Miami Oscuro Limited Edition 2010 Never released special edition AJ Man o War Maduro Graycliff Crystal Limitada 2010
Need some feedback about these cigars above
He wants 1k for everything.
smokey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: cigar info. please i am new to the site

While I don't think any of those cigars you listed are that rare, $2-3/cigar w/ humidors isn't a bad deal for those cigars if the cigars were stored properly and the humidors are decent.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

It's a crap-shoot. You might win big, but then again might not. Are you able to inspect the humidors and cigars before purchasing?

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Just because an extra band was placed on a stick (as with the Graycliff & the Padilla), does not mean they are rare/HTF. Now who knows, might be some other RARE stuff in there.

Hope this helps a little...

Tatuaje 2008 (Tatuaje 2008 what????)
Hoye de Monterey Special Edition Cubans 2011 (no clue on the CC side of the house)
Padilla Miami Oscuro Limited Edition 2010 (not rare, can be found easily)
Never released special edition AJ Man o War Maduro (rare in that you can only get these if your purchase the "Chest" which are around $ 300)
Graycliff Crystal Limitada 2010 (not rare, can be found easily)
Old 10-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
smokey69
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
It's a crap-shoot. You might win big, but then again might not. Are you able to inspect the humidors and cigars before purchasing?
yes, I am able to inspect and I may be able to get the price down, the humidor is very nice walnut JP that he states holds 250.
check out the pics. he sent me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (15.2 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg image[1].jpg (12.6 KB, 257 views)
File Type: jpg image[3].jpg (10.1 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg image[2].jpg (15.5 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg image[5].jpg (14.9 KB, 263 views)
Old 10-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

First Name: Corey
Trading: (2)
Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey69 View Post
yes, I am able to inspect and I may be able to get the price down, the humidor is very nice walnut JP that he states holds 250.
check out the pics. he sent me
Looks kind of like a CI stocked Humi for the first couple of Pics. That Tat 08 is a yummy one for sure La Verites I think are good.

Best bet would be IMHO is to check them out do some research online for pricing and give him an offer of what you want to spend. Best of luck.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Looking at the pictures, the "Tatuaje 2008" is a the 2008 La Verite robusto. Somewhat limited, original MSRP was like $12-14 IIRC, but not really sought after anymore, plus it's only one. Of the cigars I recognize from the other photos, I don't think there is anything rare or HTF about them, some I even remember the CI/Cigarbid $2/stick sale emails on. Plus that's like 30 cigars, where are the other 470 he claimed to have?

That humidor is worth like $50, maybe. It's not walnut, it's just veneer over particle board and probably doesn't hold 250 unless you are stuffing it with cigarillos.
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/h...midor/#p-38484
Old 10-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Adam...that humi does not hold 250 cigars and the sticks shown (while decent sticks)...does not warrant $1,000.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #9
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

smokey69 - listen to these fellas, they know what they are talking about.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #10
MUNKY
Resident Pig Hunter

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (19)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
MUNKY will become famous soon enoughMUNKY will become famous soon enough

what they said.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #11
smokey69
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Looking at the pictures, the "Tatuaje 2008" is a the 2008 La Verite robusto. Somewhat limited, original MSRP was like $12-14 IIRC, but not really sought after anymore, plus it's only one. Of the cigars I recognize from the other photos, I don't think there is anything rare or HTF about them, some I even remember the CI/Cigarbid $2/stick sale emails on. Plus that's like 30 cigars, where are the other 470 he claimed to have?

That humidor is worth like $50, maybe. It's not walnut, it's just veneer over particle board and probably doesn't hold 250 unless you are stuffing it with cigarillos.
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/h...midor/#p-38484
I just spoke to him and he states the humidor does in fact hold 250 cigars, it has 2 shelves with big bottom ., here are some more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image[4].jpg (15.1 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg image[6].jpg (14.6 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg image[7].jpg (14.2 KB, 233 views)
Old 10-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #12
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Those pics, in my opinion, are suspect at best, notice they seem to be just area pictures, not from a distance and as has been said multiple times here there is nothing about this deal that justifies anything close to $1000, or even close.

Also Adam was kind enough to go ahead and post a link to that very humidor, $75 and 100 count.

I'm throwing my hat into the "just walk away" pile.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #13
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

So if my reading comprehension is working, he wants 1K for a $50 humidor and some cigars like we are seeing in these pics?

Note, have only seen 1 of 3 reported humidors.....and the pics of less than 50ish cigars. Maybe the other 2 are Aristocrat Mini's and they are filled with sticks that I love....

I wouldn't pay $100 for what I have seen. To each their own….
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #14
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Here's some photos of another MIC humidor of similar construction being dissected.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1728881

Nothing there to get excited about or bust open the wallet for.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #15
Dude Here
I'm the Dude...Man!

First Name: Steve
Trading: (3)
Army (Served With Honor)
Dude Here will become famous soon enough

At least the seller has some pretty good taste. Definitely inspect the heck out of those sticks before making any kind of offer. I personally wouldn't buy a collection like that from a private seller unless it was someone that I knew.
Dude Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #16
FNA
Just in from the Storm

FNA is on a distinguished road

Anyone notice that the cigars some have called "not rare" "easily available" or 'not in demand' are cigars that you can't just go out and buy? Searh for the Graycliff - first 20 results have none for sale.

Search for the 2008 tat - I did see it out of stock, formerly selling for more than $14 a stick in the box.

Another poster says Ihe wouldn't give $100 for a $75 100 count full of cigars. How much do you think you will pay for a Padilla Burberry? Oh right, another "not rare" cigar that can't be bought.
FNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #17
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I wouldn't take this personal, this is a cigar site with people giving opinions that were asked for by the poster, unless you are the seller, either way I don't understand the attitude, he asked for opinions and he got them.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #18
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

I have a case of "Italian Salad Flavor" Jello from the 50's. You can't buy it anywhere. Now someone give me $1000 for it and I'll toss in a six pack of New Coke.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #19
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNA View Post
Anyone notice that the cigars some have called "not rare" "easily available" or 'not in demand' are cigars that you can't just go out and buy? Searh for the Graycliff - first 20 results have none for sale.

Search for the 2008 tat - I did see it out of stock, formerly selling for more than $14 a stick in the box.

Another poster says Ihe wouldn't give $100 for a $75 100 count full of cigars. How much do you think you will pay for a Padilla Burberry? Oh right, another "not rare" cigar that can't be bought.
I didn't, but I don't like Graycliffs, Tats or Burberries.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #20
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNA View Post
Since I was the one who said that, did you want an answer or was the question rhetorical? Either way, my answer "$3 and whatever shipping is to get it to Tom."

ADD: I stand by, I wouldn't pay $100 for what I see in the pics. But if you would, great...see if you can piece it out with the OP.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote