Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #21
Nathan
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (4)
Partagas
Nathan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shipping concerns

I'm imagining the simple status updates that UPS posts and chuckling to myself.

Cincinnati, OH - 5/6/12 10:42 PM - Arrival Scan
Cincinnati, OH - 5/7/12 5:32 AM - Departure Scan
Rockford, IL - 5/7/12 11:57 AM - Train Derailed

I wouldn't worry though, it should be fine.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #22
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJarv View Post
..Trying to be polite
Good call.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #23
TJarv
In it to win it

First Name: Tony
Trading: (58)
HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about

I tried
TJarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #24
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJarv View Post
I tried
His comment wasn't directed at you but rather a guy with one post who suggested that UPS needed to have immediate answers after a trail derailed. Maybe that is more common than I realize but a train derailment seems pretty uncommon and I would suspect UPS wasn't one hundred percent prepared for a train derailment let alone one carrying hazardous material. So what if their first priority wasn't making sure the packages were accounted, after all they were having to evacuate people from their homes. It seems to me that people today expect a company to never have a mishap and if they do it better be fixed immediately. How dare a unforeseen event inconvenience a customer.

BTW same dude seems to venting his frustrations all over the web, it happened only two days ago but I'll be damned if that is an acceptable lapse in service.

http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/150397525.html
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #25
TJarv
In it to win it

First Name: Tony
Trading: (58)
HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post
His comment wasn't directed at you but rather a guy with one post who suggested that UPS needed to have immediate answers after a trail derailed. Maybe that is more common than I realize but a train derailment seems pretty uncommon and I would suspect UPS wasn't one hundred percent prepared for a train derailment let alone one carrying hazardous material. So what if their first priority wasn't making sure the packages were accounted, after all they were having to evacuate people from their homes. It seems to me that people today expect a company to never have a mishap and if they do it better be fixed immediately. How dare a unforeseen event inconvenience a customer.

BTW same dude seems to venting his frustrations all over the web, it happened only two days ago but I'll be damned if that is an acceptable lapse in service.

http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/150397525.html
Yeah I noticed that after I made my reply. I was just a little too quick on the trigger.

I tried to withdraw my statement, but someone was a little faster than me.
TJarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #26
saigon68

Dropping a cigar on cement is almost always disastrous; they are that fragile. However, over/under humidified stogies most always respond to rest at proper humidity.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #27
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Sean said it best - the CI smokes are over humidified and will be fine, even if it's a couple of weeks, they'll still be wet.

Wait until you try a CC order - they may be in transit for months. Somehow they still smoke great. As Albert said, they're pretty resilient.

As Bobby McFerrin said - Don't worry, be happy.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:09 AM   #28
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Look on the brighter side. You could sell them for a premium in the WTS forum as derailed train-aged cigars. I mean, WHO could make that claim?
Old 05-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #29
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
"The train has derailed, but I want an ETA on my package now!"

What a world.
It's a microwave, all-about-me world, brother. I think we're spoiled being among guys here that don't act or think that way. Just another reason why it's nice spending time here.