Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
jcruse64
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
jcruse64 is on a distinguished road
Default CigarCigar-Evansville, IN

Had to drive up a couple of hours to Evansville, yesterday morning, for a customer conference. When we finished up, I Googled for B&M's, and CigarCigar came up first. It was only 15 minutes from my location, and on the way back, so I went to see.

VERY nice shop. The 2 guys minding the store that day were very friendly. They asked if I needed help, and then let me go about my business in the humidor. The shop is not huge, but does have a decent sized walk-in, and 3 or 4 sliding glass door humidors. They carry a LOT of different brands, and if you like Kool-Aid, they have an Opus account . Prices were not bad at all. They have a very nice lounge area, with lots of leather chairs and a big TV. Also saw member lockers in there. Might have been even more in the back; I did not walk back there. Definite thumbs up for this shop. Next time I have to go shopping with the wife in Evansville, I'll just have her drop me off here.

They had Eddie Ortega's new stuff, and I'm looking forward to trying these out.
jcruse64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CigarCigar-Evansville, IN

Thanks for the review Joe, I have been curious about this place. They are 152 miles from me, so I don't get that way much, but they are on my list of B&M's to hit.

Too bad you didn't grab those Ortega's, they are great and an easy contender for a cigar of the year placement.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #3
Jonathan Drew
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (0)
Bolivar
Jonathan Drew is on a distinguished road

CIGAR CIGAR:

These guys seem to be very committed to premium cigars and have been making quite an effort toward customer service. I met one of the two part time guys there, Daniel "ABN" through Facebook and he is a really nice guy. Later, i was looking for him and called the shop and spoke to the owner, Tom. He was very serious, very nice and fully committed to creating a great smoking environment in Indiana.

I wish them well.

Best,
JD

Iratebass ....!!!! I owe you a call, Hommie ..!!!!!!!!!
Jonathan Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
jcruse64
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
jcruse64 is on a distinguished road

Time will tell for them, but they have put in the work to make a VERY nice shop that has a great place to kick back and enjoy a good cigar. I think Daniel was one of the guys there Thursday. He and the other guy were very friendly and helpful, but not overbearing either; exactly what I look for in customer service in any kind of shop. They are right near the mall area and the Loop, and it's not hard to find (even easier with GPS). Hopefully this will help them out, and this is also very close to eating places near the mall.

I did pick up 2 of the Ortegas. Tried one last night, and have to say I was not "wowed" by it. To be honest, I've kinda been off on maduro wrappers anyway lately, so that may be why.
jcruse64 is offline   Reply With Quote