Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-25-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough
Default -semi rant- Nothing going right!

Ever had a time in your life where NOTHING is going right?

Man I am THERE! At least the past two years it seems that small decisions i make turn into freaking crisis!

Layoffs are around the corner, and it was well known that this summer I was looking for a job. I finally got my wife to stand up to her family, now it looks like we may need their help. And today I find out that I am not going to get a paycheck this friday! I opened an account with a new bank and changed my direct deposit, and then they tell me that because of a dispute and a "unsatisfied checking account" that I have with another institution (who I am taking to court) that they denied my checking account! WTF! Now my check is going to get sent back to my company and I have to wait for them to issue me a paper check which could take....TWO WEEKS!

My wife is SOOOOOOOOO pissed at me, and to top it off we had our granite counter tops that were supposed to be installed Saturday...now it has to be put off ( I don't do credit cards..only cash)

AND! I am oncall this week SO I CAN'T DRINK!

Thanks for listening, you guys are really my only real friends and I have only personally met 2 of you LOL!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
Ace$nyper

Default Re: -semi rant- Nothing going right!

Ick, very sorry to hear that

Sometimes life just drops some bricks on you, you gotta build from it. Hard times are never fun but they pass in life.

I hope things settle down for you, and corny sounding but true, positive out looks make positive end results.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #3
MithShrike

Eh? Lessee you've met me, Patrick and Steve... I think that's three right? Wanna meet up on Saturday afternoon at the Tinderbox in Mesa?
Old 11-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithShrike View Post
Eh? Lessee you've met me, Patrick and Steve... I think that's three right? Wanna meet up on Saturday afternoon at the Tinderbox in Mesa?

Technically Steve hasnt officially signed up here... Saturday sounds good.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

It sucks bro but look on the bright side. The bank thing will clear up andat least you are going to get a paycheck. i talked to a client of mine today who has run a 55 year old family business, a legacy. He just drained his IRA and savings account trying to keep things afloat. He is in foreclosure, his son was killed in an accident and his wife left him. Plus he is over 60 and not thoroughly marketable for a new job. Remember that you can recover from this. Granite countertops are nice but the world doesn't end with them. Good news that you didn't use the credit card though. Not good when you start relying on them. I wish you all the best.

Last edited by Scottw; 11-25-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:15 PM   #6
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

A little rain beats the heck out of a hurricane. The little stuff seems big until you get confronted with .... the big stuff. Have a good smoke, a cold one and snuggle your honey. It'll be fine.

If you ask, I bet your employer will work with you.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:18 PM   #7
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
A little rain beats the heck out of a hurricane. The little stuff seems big until you get confronted with .... the big stuff. Have a good smoke, a cold one and snuggle your honey. It'll be fine.

If you ask, I bet your employer will work with you.
Well put sir! They'll probably be understanding and helpful.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:21 PM   #8
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Man I feel your pain brother, I hope things get better soon
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:07 PM   #9
M1903A1
Have My Own Room

Trading: (4)
RA
M1903A1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
A little rain beats the heck out of a hurricane. The little stuff seems big until you get confronted with .... the big stuff.
Absolutely. My building's washer broke down mid-cycle tonight, and now I'm stuck with a load of wet laundry. I was before I read this.

A little rain? Comparatively speaking, my problem is a blip in the humidity.

Good luck on all counts.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #10
Cigary

Been there and done that and I am here to tell you that even though it seems sucky right now, you are in pretty decent shape. #1 You're not in debt with credit cards. #2 You will find another job #3 Talk to the wife as she will make nice with the in laws,,,nothing makes the inlaws feel superior than when they are needed by their little girl and her husband,,,they will help because it is the right thing to do and your pride will learn a lesson in life. Trust me when I say you will be ok, I have been thru soooo much worse and you will find a way out of it.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:25 PM   #11
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Hope things turn around for you and your family soon. Its how we face these bumps in the road that make us all better people. Stay strong and positive.
"The dogs bark, but the caravan rolls on"
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote