Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default 3 year olds and cigars.....

So, I have been hiding my cigar smoking from my 3 y.o who is a genius, I have dipped Copenhagen for way too long and that is something I cannot hide, but everytime one goes in my lip it's "what's in your mouth daddy?" or "can I see what's in your mouth daddy?", now I have only been really into cigars for a few months but I just really don't want to broach that subject with her.

I feel bad that I have to fib to her about what I was doing in the yard but it's really not worth explaining or trying to explain to her. Anyone else have this situation or have dealt with it?
Old 06-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 3 year olds and cigars.....

Man I'm not looking forward to having to explain that to my kids when I have them.

I would think that if you explained to her that your doing something grown ups do like drink wine and such she might just look at drinking and smoking as a grown up thing instead of it on it's own.

Best of luck mike.

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

My kid asks and I tell her it's a cigar and I like to smoke them. I don't see a problem with it and if she want's to smoke one with me when she is 18 I'll have some fine ones for her to pick through.
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
jayro75
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
jayro75 is on a distinguished road

Be honest with her. My three year old has been trying to raid my humidor to play with my cigars since she was 1 1/2. I got a bunch of Arganese for her to play with after she destroyed a Cohiba Genios and Boli Simones. I just make sure to not smoke near her but don't hide it from her.
jayro75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Although I am in no way one to suggest such things....

I would fess up....Explain it as "something adults do to relax" or "adult candy", make something up that is on her level. I'm sure one way or another she'll get it. Then you don't have to go around feeling bad or guilty. You could even do the old parent trick "one day when you're older we'll talk about that".

May as well establish that mutual level of trust and honesty early on.

Again, this is just my suggestion which holds zero merit or experience.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
Sherlockholms

Just tell the truth, keep it short and simple. Cigars you like to smoke, and they are good for adults.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #7
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Good info and advice bro's.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #8
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I'm with everyone else on this one. A friend of mine recently had this chat with his youngest son and told him he can have Bubble Gum Cigars until he is old enough for a Daddy Cigar. I swear the kid just gets psyched now when he sees dad with a cigar since he knows he's easy pickings to work over for a Bubble Gum cigar.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #9
Drez
The Warden

Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Video tape her asking and then in 15 years when she turns 18 play the video and say "remember this" which she will prob say "no" then you hand her a stick and say " well you wanted to know, now you can find out." lol

Old 06-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #10
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
Video tape her asking and then in 15 years when she turns 18 play the video and say "remember this" which she will prob say "no" then you hand her a stick and say " well you wanted to know, now you can find out." lol
Maybe a Punisher!!!! Watch her turn green and puke, no more for her!!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #11
Drez
The Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
Maybe a Punisher!!!! Watch her turn green and puke, no more for her!!
+1 hell record that too and play it at her wedding lol

Old 06-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #12
Sherlockholms

Haha. That is harsh Mike.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #13
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlockholms View Post
Haha. That is harsh Mike.
Probably a little harsh for my Angel Girl, but if I had boys it would be on!!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #14
Drez
The Warden

Quote:
Probably a little harsh for my Angel Girl, but if I had boys it would be on!!!!
Man I hope I have a boy first lol.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #15
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Dude, I have 3 girls, and they are gorgeous, I am seriously gonna either have a heart attack or be in prison when the boys start coming around!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #16
Drez
The Warden

Quote:
Dude, I have 3 girls, and they are gorgeous, I am seriously gonna either have a heart attack or be in prison when the boys start coming around!!!
That's why I want boys lol. Call me when you need back up. Lol.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #17
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
You're f**ked.

Better keep a nice class 3 full auto and show everyone they bring home. That should do the trick
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #18
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
Man I hope I have a boy first lol.
I always said the same thing and guess what? I now have a 6 month old little girl. I blame all the fathers of the girls I worked over in High School. I swear they all put a hex on me. I always joked with my wife saying that I want a son first to do my dirty work but also said I know we will more than likely have a girl first if not all girls. I just hope she finds herself a really nice girlfriend one day.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #19
Drez
The Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I always said the same thing and guess what? I now have a 6 month old little girl. I blame all the fathers of the girls I worked over in High School. I swear they all put a hex on me. I always joked with my wife saying that I want a son first to do my dirty work but also said I know we will more than likely have a girl first if not all girls. I just hope she finds herself a really nice girlfriend one day.
Oh don't worry I'm ready for when karma slaps me with nothing but little princesses. Lol. I just can't imagine how hard it's gonna be lol

Old 06-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #20
TBone
Equal opportunity Bomber

First Name: Paul
Trading: (25)
ERdM AirForce (Disabled Vet)
TBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I have 2 and I made sure to cover my bases with a CWP though VA. allows for open carry...it helped weed out the undesirables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
You're f**ked.

Better keep a nice class 3 full auto and show everyone they bring home. That should do the trick
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote