Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #141
treatneggy
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Kurt
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
treatneggy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you snuffing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Anybody know anything about this law that is going to prevent Mars Cigars from selling nasal snuff? Is it the flavored tobacco law that was passed last year?
Partly, but I believe it is mostly due to PACT, which forbids selling cigs and smokeless tobacco though the USPS and requires all retailers to collect all state and local taxes for the locality in which the purchaser is located. Most online retailers are just shutting up shop rather than filling out the tax forms for each state they wish to do business in.

There has been a lot of talk about this on snuson.com and snuffhouse.org due to a lot of snuff and snus being shut out of the US market.

Oh...
I am currently snuffing WE Garrett with a pris of LD while at work.
treatneggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #142
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by treatneggy View Post
Partly, but I believe it is mostly due to PACT, which forbids selling cigs and smokeless tobacco though the USPS and requires all retailers to collect all state and local taxes for the locality in which the purchaser is located. Most online retailers are just shutting up shop rather than filling out the tax forms for each state they wish to do business in.

There has been a lot of talk about this on snuson.com and snuffhouse.org due to a lot of snuff and snus being shut out of the US market.

Oh...
I am currently snuffing WE Garrett with a pris of LD while at work.
I remember someone who represented Toque snuff on here in the past. Can we still order online from Toque? That would be great if we can, but it sucks that I won't have access to other snuff brands. I don't know of any other website that sells nasal snuff other than www.marscigars.com.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #143
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Anybody got some Toque Quit or Toque Cola that they are willing to part with or know somewhere that has it in stock? I'd love to get a hold of both types, but www.marscigars.com is out of stock.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #144
treatneggy
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Kurt
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
treatneggy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I remember someone who represented Toque snuff on here in the past. Can we still order online from Toque? That would be great if we can, but it sucks that I won't have access to other snuff brands. I don't know of any other website that sells nasal snuff other than www.marscigars.com.
You can try contacting him at www.toquesnuff.com, but I don't know if will be able to ship to US due to Royal Mail being handled by USPS.

I know he submitted the required FDA paperwork and www.northerner.com is supposedly going to be the US retail agent once he gets FDA approval.

http://www.snuson.com/forum/showthre...d-with-the-FDA

How this plays out with the other European and Indian snuffs remains to be seen.
treatneggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #145
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Nicotinerush.com sells snuff. I would assume they have all their paperwork in line as smokeless tobacco is all they sell.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #146
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Dean Swift S.P.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #147
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Package came in. Made one more order as today is the 28th (supposed cuttoff date to order nasal snuff from mars cigars). Gonna have some fun with this order.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #148
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Well Gentemen, time to break out those tins, boxes, and bullets and have a pinch or two!

Snuff is really a seasonal hobby for me. Once it gets too cold out to smoke, I usually pinch.

Today is opening-day for snuff season for me, and while I don't have a large variety, I usually stick with my old sidekick, a mix of Latakia Ao 1860 and W.E. Garrets Scotch Snuff. I'm still looking for a good name to call this blend.

Anywho, Happy Halloween, and Happy Snuffing!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #149
Thammy
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Tyler
Trading: (0)
Bolivar
Thammy is on a distinguished road

I currently have Mchrystals "super mint" snuff. When I first tried this stuff I was blown away. Too bad in Canada it is near impossible to find minus the internet. I like using snuff during board game sessions as the other players around me are not quite into smoking. It comes in handy alot. Replaced dipping tobacco in that regard.
Thammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #150
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Little bit of Navy Sweet this morning.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #151
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Now this was a fun hobby. For some reason, I stopped using snuff about 10 years ago. Looks like I'll have to buy a tin or 2 for these cold months. Great idea!
Old 10-30-2010, 09:36 AM   #152
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
Now this was a fun hobby. For some reason, I stopped using snuff about 10 years ago. Looks like I'll have to buy a tin or 2 for these cold months. Great idea!

I had stopped for the summer season, mostly because I lost interest, but once winter came back I went back to snuffing!
Old 11-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #153
Madwolf

Swastik Chaap Snuff... its a unsented but mentholated snuff from india, and my god its good. Also by accident i ordered over a kilo of it, so Im glad i like it lol
Old 01-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #154
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Dean Swift S.P. tonight.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:28 PM   #155
Whipper Snapper
95% Banter 5% MMM Habanos

First Name: Blake
RA
Whipper Snapper has disabled reputation

I don't snuff... but I do snus.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #156
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnorobo View Post
I don't snuff... but I do snus.

General White right now for me, I got a can of Original I'll try tomorrow.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #157
Whipper Snapper

RA

I've tried some of General's stuff. Pretty good. But I usually just grab a can of camel frost. Best cheap tobacco product I've had.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #158
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post

General White right now for me, I got a can of Original I'll try tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnorobo View Post
I've tried some of General's stuff. Pretty good. But I usually just grab a can of camel frost. Best cheap tobacco product I've had.
there is a "what are you snusing" thread here: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...hlight=snusing
Old 01-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #159
Whipper Snapper

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
there is a "what are you snusing" thread here: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...hlight=snusing
This board has everything.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #160
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Dholakia Wow Apple Pie

Insert quote here.