Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 10-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #81
ade06
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ade
Trading: (24)
Trinidad
ade06 will become famous soon enoughade06 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: P90X Workout

So while trying to be cheap, I purchased the "wholesale" dvd set on-line. Saturday the dvds arrive from China and I'm certain that these are boot-legged and not wholesale... The picture quality is fine, so I'm sure they will still work, but I don't have any of the guides or paperwork. Anyone have any leads on the missing guides? I think that I can get the food part by doing a custom meal plan with a paid membership on beach body.com

Last edited by ade06; 10-19-2009 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Editing is fun
ade06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #82
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade06 View Post
So while trying to be cheap, I purchased the "wholesale" dvd set on-line. Saturday the dvds arrive from China and I'm certain that these are boot-legged and not wholesale... The picture quality is fine, so I'm sure they will still work, but I don't have any of the guides or paperwork. Anyone have any leads on the missing guides? I think that I can get the food part by doing a custom meal plan with a paid membership on beach body.com
Had a similar experience: we had already purchased the original program and were looking to pick up a second set of discs to keep at my stepson's other house (no DVD burner at the house.) We found a set on ebay, turned out that it was one of those fake vendor sites and that we had actually bought it from some company in China! The discs arrived as promised, though--only difference being that the packaging was backwards: you open the disc binder from the left, and Disc 1 is in the back.

beachbody.com has a number of fitness tools, including some spreadsheets/pdfs you can download that contain the workout sheets, fitness tests, pre- and post-program measurements, etc.

If you're looking for just the workout sequences for each week, let me know which program you want to do (Classic, Lean, Doubles) and I can send you the workout program order. Those might also be available on the beachbody forums.

You definitely need the meal plan, but the nutritional tools on their site do a good job as a substitute for the guide.

Last edited by kaisersozei; 10-19-2009 at 01:22 PM.
kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #83
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: P90X Workout

Quote:
Hey man I can get you the whole nutrition guide in PDF format that you can just print out at a kinkos so don't sign up to beach body or anything, no need spending money where you don't need. If you need anything else lemme know and I'll get it for you
Old 10-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #84
ade06
Have My Own Room

Trinidad

Are you guys doing the recovery drinks and bars? I'm concerned about the creatine, because my wife is still nursing, so I don't want to her to pass on the added creatine to our son. I've been reading that low-fat choco milk may be just as good (I could then add a little creatine for myself). Any suggestions?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #85
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Quote:
Are you guys doing the recovery drinks and bars? I'm concerned about the creatine, because my wife is still nursing, so I don't want to her to pass on the added creatine to our son. I've been reading that low-fat choco milk may be just as good (I could then add a little creatine for myself). Any suggestions?
We do chocolate milk and bars because the bars are so damned expensive. We only buy bars when they clearance them at stores for .25 to .50 cents per otherwise they are like 2 bucks a pop. We also went to walmart and got some protein powder that is really awesome, I am doing laundry and on my phone now, but I will give you the name of it. For 2 people its like 14 bucks for a months worth of powder
Old 10-19-2009, 02:54 PM   #86
ade06
Have My Own Room

Trinidad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poronico View Post
We do chocolate milk and bars because the bars are so damned expensive. We only buy bars when they clearance them at stores for .25 to .50 cents per otherwise they are like 2 bucks a pop. We also went to walmart and got some protein powder that is really awesome, I am doing laundry and on my phone now, but I will give you the name of it. For 2 people its like 14 bucks for a months worth of powder
Thanks, what kind of bars do you get?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #87
ade06
Have My Own Room

Trinidad

Also, are you mixing the protein powder with apple juice or water?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:59 PM   #88
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Quote:
Thanks, what kind of bars do you get?
Usually powerbar recovery, but anything with low sugars carbs and about 30-35 proteins
Old 10-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #89
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

I used BSN Syntha-6 protein as a meal supplement in Phases 1 & 2 of the diet plan. It was about the only way to get to the 6 or 7 proteins/day. Most any brand of whey protein will work, just depends on how your body digests it and what's your budget. BSN fits the bill for me. I mix with light soy milk for the little extra protein boost. Tastes great. For bars, I've tried a lot of brands and finally settled on Zone Perfect. It's not strictly a protein bar, but it's well balanced nutritionally (~210 cal, 15g prot, lots of vitamins.) The chocolate almond raisin are excellent. It counts as a Single Snack on the diet plan.

For a recovery drink, I get Endurox. Less expensive than the Beachbody brand. I go through about a container every 4-6 weeks. Anything with a 4:1 carb: protein ratio should work. I definitely recommend a recovery drink. Don't be put off by the carbs--your body needs them, especially after burning 600-1000 calories/workout.

It's not necessary, but I started using BSN's NO-Explode as a pre-workout drink about a month ago, and really like it. I've never used this kind of product before, but I love it now. It's especially helpful for my early morning resistance & cardio routines--hard to get going at 0530!

I also supplement with 2 MegaMan vitamins/day.

All of these products are available at GNC. Go the Gold Card route and you'll save big bucks.

Check the forums at beachbody.com. Lots of folks have alternate opinions, products, etc. Going through P90X the second/third time, this is what I've found to work best for me.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:14 AM   #90
ade06
Have My Own Room

Trinidad

We've are currently reviewing the nutrition plan in prep for this weekend's food shopping. We plan on starting the program next Monday, so that we will be in the recovery phase (4th week) during Thanksgiving while we're out of town visting the in-laws. Any updates from you guys who are currently doing the program?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #91
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

I am in a Financial black hole right now so had to put the eating plan on hold for the time being, but still working out. I am down another 3 lbs I assume it slowed down because we aren't bringing in enough calories. We opted to do the weight watchers point system for the time being that way we are still regulating the foods we bring in vs what we actually need.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #92
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

All that meat can be expensive I buy the giant bags of chicken breasts as Sams Club, It's a way better deal than the grocery stores.

Has anyone tried the pork tenderloin recipe in the manual? It's freaking awesome, and not even for a diet it just tastes GOOD.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #93
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
All that meat can be expensive I buy the giant bags of chicken breasts as Sams Club, It's a way better deal than the grocery stores.

Has anyone tried the pork tenderloin recipe in the manual? It's freaking awesome, and not even for a diet it just tastes GOOD.
I shop at a restaurant outlet store and buy it all in bulk, got a 7 lb tub of feta cheese for 12 bucks. chickin I buy at winco which is a really nice place for meat 1.50 a lb for boneless skinless chicken
Old 10-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #94
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

Alright guys I am officially restarting next Monday. I originally started at the beginning of August and made it about 6 weeks before my herniated disk flared up and I could barely walk, let alone workout. I think I'm good to go now, at least after a handful of Advil. I am however not going to do Plyo because I believe the high impact of that workout was the cause of my back pain. I think I'll do the the Kempo workout twice a week to replace the plyo.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #95
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
Alright guys I am officially restarting next Monday. I originally started at the beginning of August and made it about 6 weeks before my herniated disk flared up and I could barely walk, let alone workout. I think I'm good to go now, at least after a handful of Advil. I am however not going to do Plyo because I believe the high impact of that workout was the cause of my back pain. I think I'll do the the Kempo workout twice a week to replace the plyo.
You can also replace it with CardioX. That disc is a pretty much a 45 minute compilation of all the other cardio workouts, including some yoga poses. The plyo moves in that disc are the low impact exercises.

Great news that you're getting back into it--good luck!

Old 10-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #96
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

Bolivar

I've done the Cardio X disk and I didn't like it. IMO it was pretty laid back and not much of a cardio workout.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #97
go4cigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
I used BSN Syntha-6 protein as a meal supplement in Phases 1 & 2 of the diet plan. It was about the only way to get to the 6 or 7 proteins/day. Most any brand of whey protein will work, just depends on how your body digests it and what's your budget. BSN fits the bill for me. I mix with light soy milk for the little extra protein boost. Tastes great. For bars, I've tried a lot of brands and finally settled on Zone Perfect. It's not strictly a protein bar, but it's well balanced nutritionally (~210 cal, 15g prot, lots of vitamins.) The chocolate almond raisin are excellent. It counts as a Single Snack on the diet plan.

For a recovery drink, I get Endurox. Less expensive than the Beachbody brand. I go through about a container every 4-6 weeks. Anything with a 4:1 carb: protein ratio should work. I definitely recommend a recovery drink. Don't be put off by the carbs--your body needs them, especially after burning 600-1000 calories/workout.

It's not necessary, but I started using BSN's NO-Explode as a pre-workout drink about a month ago, and really like it. I've never used this kind of product before, but I love it now. It's especially helpful for my early morning resistance & cardio routines--hard to get going at 0530!

I also supplement with 2 MegaMan vitamins/day.

All of these products are available at GNC. Go the Gold Card route and you'll save big bucks.

Check the forums at beachbody.com. Lots of folks have alternate opinions, products, etc. Going through P90X the second/third time, this is what I've found to work best for me.
wow. thanks for all the info about the alternatives. I was planning on starting p90x this saturday (fingers crossed) and didn't want to wait 2 weeks for beachbody to deliver their supplements. how long have you been on the program ?

Last edited by go4cigs; 10-29-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #98
ade06
Have My Own Room

Trinidad

First day of exercise down... the ab ripper is crazy, I couldn't do half of that stuff. Now on to eating better!
Old 11-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #99
CasaDooley
Herf Crew of 2

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (41)
HUpmann Navy (Disabled Vet)
CasaDooley has a spectacular aura aboutCasaDooley has a spectacular aura about

The wife and I started yesterday. Day 1 chest & back wasn't to bad. Today was plyometrics, which I liked until the wife had to hit me with the Defibrillator paddles to help keep me going! At the age of 51+ all I could think was "what the hell am I doin". Boy, I can't wait for tomorrow to do shoulders & arms.
Thank God for vicodin.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #100
ade06
Have My Own Room

Trinidad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasaDooley View Post
The wife and I started yesterday. Day 1 chest & back wasn't to bad. Today was plyometrics, which I liked until the wife had to hit me with the Defibrillator paddles to help keep me going! At the age of 51+ all I could think was "what the hell am I doin". Boy, I can't wait for tomorrow to do shoulders & arms.
Thank God for vicodin.
One of my friends who is currently in the 3rd phase told me that on his day 2, with 23 minutes left on the dvd (he even remembered it down to the second), he almost lost it and threw up in his living room. So, I'm glad you both made it through day 2. While my wife and I are doing the progams "together", she is doing the lean program, while I'm doing the classic program. We'll have to wait until day 3 so that we can actually workout together.

I have been hungry all day!!!