Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 05-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #41
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
sofaman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Losing weight Insanity style with Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoings View Post
Still going! 193 today. I can feel the difference in my clothes. I'm excited about both my weight loss and my working out.
Keep pushing brother I am at the end of week 11 of P90X and my next round is going to be a Hybrid of Insanity/P90X
sofaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #42
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Another tip: pace yourself during the workout. I used to start out going balls to the wall, and by the time the third interval came around, I'd be spent. Including the warm-up. I was trying to keep up with the people in the video until I realized they were all about 20 years younger.

So during the interval days, I typically start out slow/moderate for set 1, go a bit faster in set 2 but still able to breathe (say, 70% effort), then go all out in the final set. This is easier to measure with a HR monitor, you can track how you're doing in the middle of each set--I'll typically hit something like 125, 140, 160.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #43
DennisP
Come Get It

Trading: (17)
HUpmann
DennisP will become famous soon enoughDennisP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
Another tip: pace yourself during the workout. I used to start out going balls to the wall, and by the time the third interval came around, I'd be spent. Including the warm-up. I was trying to keep up with the people in the video until I realized they were all about 20 years younger.

So during the interval days, I typically start out slow/moderate for set 1, go a bit faster in set 2 but still able to breathe (say, 70% effort), then go all out in the final set. This is easier to measure with a HR monitor, you can track how you're doing in the middle of each set--I'll typically hit something like 125, 140, 160.
I'm trying to do this as well but haven't done a great job yet. On the third set of plyo cardio circuit today I was trying to push through but just couldn't. Those 4 pushups, run it in, jump up and back down is tiring. Then the exercises after that, I'm beat.
DennisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #44
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

I did Cardio Recovery today..this one I think is kind of a waste. I think in the future I will use Cardio Recovery day's to go run 2.5 to 5 miles.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #45
DennisP
Come Get It

HUpmann

Quote:
I did Cardio Recovery today..this one I think is kind of a waste. I think in the future I will use Cardio Recovery day's to go run 2.5 to 5 miles.
Yeah, a good day to sub other workouts. I liked it mainly to get a break. As long as you're doing something you're fine, but most people would just take the day off if their wasn't a DVD.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #46
kgoings
Cigarologist

kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Pure Cardio day. Its an ass kicker...no rests.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #47
kgoings
Cigarologist

Okay my weigh-in is today. I thought I would be the same or gain some but I still lost weight. I was bad last weekend, ate a Hamburger and Fries and a plate of Taco's. Today I weigh 190.8 slow and steady wins the race.

Today I was a slacker. I had to get up at 4:30AM for a work issue (I don't get home till past midnight) that lasted till 6AMish, and then I got back up at 9. I was completely shot. Today was supposed to be Plyo Cardio and tomorrow Cardio Recovery...so I did Cardio Recovery today and went on a 5 mile walk with my wife. Tomorrow I will do the Plyo Cardio.

5/03 205
5/11 196.2
5/18 193
5/25 190.8
Old 05-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #48
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Quote:
Okay my weigh-in is today. I thought I would be the same or gain some but I still lost weight. I was bad last weekend, ate a Hamburger and Fries and a plate of Taco's. Today I weigh 190.8 slow and steady wins the race.

Today I was a slacker. I had to get up at 4:30AM for a work issue (I don't get home till past midnight) that lasted till 6AMish, and then I got back up at 9. I was completely shot. Today was supposed to be Plyo Cardio and tomorrow Cardio Recovery...so I did Cardio Recovery today and went on a 5 mile walk with my wife. Tomorrow I will do the Plyo Cardio.

5/03 205
5/11 196.2
5/18 193
5/25 190.8
15 lb in 3 weeks thats awsome
Old 05-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #49
kgoings
Cigarologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofaman View Post
15 lb in 3 weeks thats awsome
I have really been watching what I eat too. I think its about 85% diet 15% exercise.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #50
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Quote:
I have really been watching what I eat too. I think its about 85% diet 15% exercise.
Are you using Myfitnesspal of tap&trac ? I have been using MFP and I love it! It realy helps keep my 50% 30% 20% ratio in line
Old 05-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #51
kgoings
Cigarologist

No I will have to check it out
Old 05-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #52
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Just download the app on your phone and enter everything you eat it makes things alot easyer.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #53
DennisP
Come Get It

HUpmann

Just finished week 2. Haven't lost a pound yet, but don't care too much about weight as I'm pretty light. I do want to shed inches in the gut and improve my fitness though.

Looking forward to my fit test on Saturday to see if I have improvements. Still struggle once we really get going in most of the workouts.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #54
kgoings
Cigarologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisP View Post
Just finished week 2. Haven't lost a pound yet, but don't care too much about weight as I'm pretty light. I do want to shed inches in the gut and improve my fitness though.

Looking forward to my fit test on Saturday to see if I have improvements. Still struggle once we really get going in most of the workouts.
great job!
Old 05-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #55
kgoings
Cigarologist

I didnt eat great last night, but I didnt eat terrible. I have 4 graduation parties to goto this weekend...gonna be tough.

Today was the first day of 'double workouts' in insanity. Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs... wow. And then I went on a 5 mile walk with my wife. Trying to do some more activity besides the insanity workouts.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:44 PM   #56
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
I didnt eat great last night, but I didnt eat terrible. I have 4 graduation parties to goto this weekend...gonna be tough.

Today was the first day of 'double workouts' in insanity. Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs... wow. And then I went on a 5 mile walk with my wife. Trying to do some more activity besides the insanity workouts.
I did that workout this morning, too!--it's my second recovery week in the P90X/Insanity hybrid.

Couple favorite ShaunT-isms in that workout: "Is anybody as nervous--as me--at what's about to come up?!" and "Shakita, are you feeling inSANE yet?! What? You wanna LEAVE?!!! Go sit down!" that one always cracks me up.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #57
kgoings
Cigarologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
I did that workout this morning, too!--it's my second recovery week in the P90X/Insanity hybrid.

Couple favorite ShaunT-isms in that workout: "Is anybody as nervous--as me--at what's about to come up?!" and "Shakita, are you feeling inSANE yet?! What? You wanna LEAVE?!!! Go sit down!" that one always cracks me up.
How does the hybrid work? Is that something you made up or can you get a workout cal online?
Old 05-29-2011, 06:06 AM   #58
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Quote:
How does the hybrid work? Is that something you made up or can you get a workout cal online?
There are alot of diffrent ways to do it but this is the one I am going to do next round

http://pledgetostayfit.com/documents...t_schedule.pdf
Old 05-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #59
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofaman View Post
There are alot of diffrent ways to do it but this is the one I am going to do next round

http://pledgetostayfit.com/documents...t_schedule.pdf
That looks similar to the one I'm doing. I alternate cardio abs & ARX, and mine drops Legs & Back in weeks 9-12 subs in another Max Insanity workout instead. I noticed that this one drops yoga completely, I'm not sure why--that's still part of my hybrid 1x/week, although most weeks I only do the first 45 min and skip the balance postures & stretches (mostly to save time.) I can email the spreadsheet if you're interested.

After having done a few rounds of both P90x and Insanity separately over the past couple years, I like the results I'm getting from the hybrid the best.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 AM   #60
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Just finnished my first round of P90X saturday and now I cant wait to add some Insanity into my workouts!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 90 day transformation.jpg (52.1 KB, 407 views)
File Type: jpg fat pics.JPG (58.8 KB, 360 views)