Old 10-20-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
TideRoll
It is what it is.

First Name: Tim
Trading: (5)
Partagas
TideRoll is on a distinguished road
Default Any salty Vols out there?

This is it, Tennessee week. This is where Alabama and Tennessee players find out what they are made of. This is the game the the General and the Bear each viewed as the true measure of their boys.

This is a game which is traditionally hard fought. It will be especially so Saturday since Tennessee is going to be looking to put a little balm on a season that is going below expectations. What better way to do that than to put one on Alabama in Neyland Stadium? Tennessee has a stout run defense, has plenty of talent on both sides of the ball and despite whatever other flak is flying in the wonderful state to my north, I don't think the team has given up on their coach or their season.

Any Rocky Top fans out there want to volunteer for a small wager? I don't know if I want to give any points or not. I think this will be a three point game or so one way or the other, personally.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
zmancbr
CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER!!

First Name: Zach
Trading: (41)
HUpmann
zmancbr has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any salty Vols out there?

I personally am not a Vols fan.. but I do know a few salty ones. I love to give the one who works with my gf crap that her T is the wrong orange!

With that being said I hope you guys rock Bama! That would leave penn up at #2 unless they get beat this week which people seem to think they will!
zmancbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #3
theycallmedan'lboone

3 points rizzle? I think you're giving Alabama's D zero credit.. and this is coming from me.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #4
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Huh? You in the shine again?
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #5
theycallmedan'lboone

must be.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Damn Auburn fans can't even read a thread right!!

Raging ya, Boone, I get them confused everytime I see the avatar, and one of them is my brother!! I'm guessing you will be up for a bet in November. Should be a bunch Ala-Aub bets offered and taken here when the time comes.

Tim..........

I would stick with a straight bet and no points. Given that Bama seems to have forgotten that the game is 4 quarters and not 2, You could be ahead on the spread by multiple times at halftime, but busted by the final buzzer!

I'm with you. I think it will be a 3 point game, Bama on top.

If you get more than one taker from Rocky Top, Shift the second one to me and I will cover the bet (as long as the bet is for a fiver - you know I'm about out of cigars)
Old 10-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #7
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan View Post
I am a diehard vols fan but I learned my lesson last year. I NEVER bet on the vols. I just take whatever sticks I think about wagering and send them on to the troops. That way I am not bummed on the sunday after the game about losing. Sorry.

scottie
Scottie

I'll make you a deal:

You win, I send cigars to troops.

I win, you send cigars to the troops. Want to bet with these guidelines? Maybe the neither of us will jinx our teams!!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #8
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Quote:
What the hell, I can do this. I hope you are giving me the same 3 points even though I personally think that Alabama will win by more than 14.

scottie
Not usually a point giver, but what the heck.. Cigars are for a good cause (not that yours and my stashes aren't good causes!!) so I'll give you 3 points.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:58 AM   #9
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Damn Auburn fans can't even read a thread right!!

Raging ya, Boone, I get them confused everytime I see the avatar, and one of them is my brother!! I'm guessing you will be up for a bet in November. Should be a bunch Ala-Aub bets offered and taken here when the time comes.
Didn't know you two were brothers. I don't know much of anything anyway.

Quick question for you guys...Our avatars are the same(we have good taste) so I guess I can see where that can be confusing, although I'm quite sure I'm the better looking one, do you guys want me to change mine? I don't mind going back to my grey one that I have on another site or I can find another one. What do you say?
Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #10
theycallmedan'lboone

who's your brother? and yeah I'll probably make a single bet end of November... but I don't know for sure.

Last edited by theycallmedan'lboone; 10-23-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #11
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Give you a hint...it's not me.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #12
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Give you a hint...it's not me.
Yeah, but you are my Brother of the Leaf!!!

Ask Tim about changing your Avatar. I would imagine he is all for advertising Bama and probably makes no difference at all to him. But that's just me. You are ok with me as long as you don't put sexy women in your avatar

Boone, TideRoll is my brother.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:08 AM   #13
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

I think I'm gonna go old school for a while. You know, to make it a little easier for our "slow" friends (cough..dan'l..cough) to tell us apart.

Just kidding dan'l. And for the record, my only brother on here are all my brothers of the leaf.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 AM   #14
theycallmedan'lboone

bastages!
Old 10-24-2008, 04:35 PM   #15
TideRoll
It is what it is.

First Name: Tim
Trading: (5)
Partagas
TideRoll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
I think I'm gonna go old school for a while. You know, to make it a little easier for our "slow" friends (cough..dan'l..cough) to tell us apart.

Just kidding dan'l. And for the record, my only brother on here are all my brothers of the leaf.
Shoot. It was certainly no problem with me! But I like the old school logo, too. That was the one used while I was in high school and at Alabama. The "Angry Elephant" one is fine but I probably prefer a simple script 'A' as much as anything else.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:20 PM   #16
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Quote:
What the hell, I can do this. I hope you are giving me the same 3 points even though I personally think that Alabama will win by more than 14.

scottie
Well, Scottie, looks like you were closer than I was. Let me know which of the guys you are sending cigars to for the troops, and the addy, and I will also send a fiver, just for the good of SEC football.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:33 AM   #17
theycallmedan'lboone

utter destruction... all that waits for TN is Vandy..... and then fat phil will be gone....
Old 10-26-2008, 10:26 PM   #18
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Quote:
I will get a 5er or something better off to Tony (newcigarz) within a couple of weeks or so. It would be quicker but I leave every Monday at 3am to work in NYC for the week and do not get back in town until 7pm Friday night. If you need his addy, let me know.

scottie
No problem, Scottie.

I think I have his addy, but will PM him if not

Have a safe trip to NYC and back