Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #361
bugmenot
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Tony
Trading: (4)
bugmenot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NHL '08- '09 Thread

I think there are a couple teams in the west that are almost there, but not quite. The pacific division could get very interesting in the next couple of years if the Kings and Coyotes are able to add a few key players here and there in the off season.

I don't think the blues will make it, but I think I would take great satisfaction in that. They aren't TOO far behind, though I think they will come up about 4-6 points short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
When do the real games start?

J/K, although that's how half of Metro Detroit feels from Nov thru March. But, high expectations are a good thing.
Not soon enough...
Old 03-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #362
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Hurricanes in Chicago tomorrow, Joe! Carolina is playing some great hockey the past few weeks, and the Hawks are not. I am not optomistic about the game, but hoping for the best (for the Indian Heads). Be sweet if Ladd could dent the scoresheet.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #363
Waynegro1

Blues pulled off another win tonight against Dallas!!! I'm trying not to get too excited. San Jose Wednesday.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #364
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Hurricanes in Chicago tomorrow, Joe! Carolina is playing some great hockey the past few weeks, and the Hawks are not. I am not optomistic about the game, but hoping for the best (for the Indian Heads). Be sweet if Ladd could dent the scoresheet.
Yeah... I was thinking that about Ladd, too. 'Canes have been hot, but they have won 4 in a row... have not won 5 in a row all year. Could be the Hawks night! (I hope not... )

Should be fun!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #365
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Yeah... I was thinking that about Ladd, too. 'Canes have been hot, but they have won 4 in a row... have not won 5 in a row all year. Could be the Hawks night! (I hope not... )

Should be fun!
I will be thinking of you when I watch it! One of us will be happy, and maybe both of us if it is a good game.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:45 AM   #366
jamesb3

Red Wings really need to step it up in there own zone. Two weeks and 2 games of 8 goals. Not what you need when you are trying to get ready for the playoffs. I don't know who they start in goal if the playoffs started today. Both Ozzy and Conklin have been shaky. Someone has to step up.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #367
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
I will be thinking of you when I watch it! One of us will be happy, and maybe both of us if it is a good game.
Congrats to the Hawks... and it was a good game. At least the Hurricanes got a "kiss your sister" point for taking it to OT.

Those great young Chicago players made a true number one goalie look like a sieve in the shootout! You have a lot of great hockey to look forward to with that crew if they stay together.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #368
Waynegro1

You two wanted a good Hawks/Canes game and you sure got one. As much as I hate to admit it, the Hawks are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the future. If they stay together, as Joe mentioned.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #369
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Congrats to the Hawks... and it was a good game. At least the Hurricanes got a "kiss your sister" point for taking it to OT.

Those great young Chicago players made a true number one goalie look like a sieve in the shootout! You have a lot of great hockey to look forward to with that crew if they stay together.
Some unreal goaltending on both ends, Joe...and then neither goalie can stop a beachball in the shoot-out!

Kane, Toews, Keith, Versteeg, Seabrook, Ladd, Havlat, Bolland, Barker...the young talent on the Hawks is awesome...they better win the Cup by 2010 though, no way they will be able to afford all those guys in '10-'11 when Toews, Kane and Keith get new contracts!

Great game....I hope the 'canes make the playoffs, the line of Staal, Cole and Rutuu looks like a force to be reckoned with, and Ward sure is a stellar goalie.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:49 AM   #370
motortown
Just in from the Storm

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
Partagas
motortown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Kane, Toews, Keith, Versteeg, Seabrook, Ladd, Havlat, Bolland, Barker...the young talent on the Hawks is awesome...they better win the Cup by 2010 though, no way they will be able to afford all those guys in '10-'11 when Toews, Kane and Keith get new contracts!
You're absolutely right, Tom... definitely a young team to be reckoned with. And as I keep telling you, it's something that's not lost or taken lightly by Wings fans.
As far as the contract year goes... with TWO Bowmans in the front office, I'm sure you'll guy's will be better than okay!!! (gotta love Scotty!!)
Big game for the Wings tonight with Calgary in town. Can somebody say "Playoff Atmosphere"??!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:07 AM   #371
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by motortown View Post
You're absolutely right, Tom... definitely a young team to be reckoned with. And as I keep telling you, it's something that's not lost or taken lightly by Wings fans.
As far as the contract year goes... with TWO Bowmans in the front office, I'm sure you'll guy's will be better than okay!!! (gotta love Scotty!!)
Big game for the Wings tonight with Calgary in town. Can somebody say "Playoff Atmosphere"??!!!!
I am gonna TiVo the Wings/Flames game, John, should be a doozy...I will be rooting for Pavel, Henrik, Nik and the boys.

Scotty Bowman is the Man....hope he can keep helping the Hawks close the gap on the Wings....been a long time since we could hang with the best in the West.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #372
smokeyandthebandit05
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rich
Trading: (1)
smokeyandthebandit05 is on a distinguished road

Any one watching the Devils Coyotes game?!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #373
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I am gonna TiVo the Wings/Flames game, John, should be a doozy...I will be rooting for Pavel, Henrik, Nik and the boys.

Scotty Bowman is the Man....hope he can keep helping the Hawks close the gap on the Wings....been a long time since we could hang with the best in the West.
Shootout!

Edited after the result. Doh!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #374
cigarusmaximus
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (2)
cigarusmaximus is on a distinguished road

YEAH BABY!!!
Come back of the year for the Flames!
Kipper rules
Old 03-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #375
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR

Congrats to the Flames...

with 12 minutes, the Hurricanes look tired agains the Stars... Dallas up 3 to 1 right now.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #376
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR

Turco is standing on his head! Stars are playing VERY tough.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #377
motortown
Just in from the Storm

Partagas

Quote:
Congrats to the Flames...
Agreed... But what a game (i think?)!! You know, a lot of people in the D have been kind of dismissing (or dissing) Calgary, and focusing more on San Jose. Even though I wasn't part of that crew, and nervously applauded the Flame's moves on deadline day... I'm still scrathing my head a bit after what I saw tonight. As I've said before, the dude is stone!! And you know what?... this is a match-up that I want to see during the playoffs!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #378
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by motortown View Post
Agreed... But what a game (i think?)!! You know, a lot of people in the D have been kind of dismissing (or dissing) Calgary, and focusing more on San Jose. Even though I wasn't part of that crew, and nervously applauded the Flame's moves on deadline day... I'm still scrathing my head a bit after what I saw tonight. As I've said before, the dude is stone!! And you know what?... this is a match-up that I want to see during the playoffs!!!
Lot of great hockey being played right now... they can smell the playoffs!

Shoulbe be an awesome "second season."
I think hockey fans are in for a treat.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #379
bugmenot
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Tony
Trading: (4)
bugmenot is on a distinguished road

Another bad night for the sharks, would be nice if they could start playing well.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:43 AM   #380
motortown
Just in from the Storm

Partagas

Quote:
Lot of great hockey being played right now... they can smell the playoffs!

Shoulbe be an awesome "second season."
I think hockey fans are in for a treat.
Joe, I couldn't agree with you more. It's the hardest trophy to win in all of sports. Period. Anything can happen in the early rounds, and NOBODY can ever be totally counted out. I've loved the Wings, Bruins (lots of family there), and Canadiens (old school) since I was a little kid. I don't know if Detroit and/or Boston/Montreal will reach, but as long as we have good, tough, competitive hockey (along with fairness & consistency from the refs) the whole way through, I'll be happy... although the "ref-part" might be a stretch!!!
Closed Thread