Partagaspete
I Do Medical Things

Trading: (8)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Partagaspete is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NHL '08- '09 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Nothing on ESPN yet, did they move Guerin?
Nothing yet except that he was at warm-up at Buffalo, than not seen even on the bench after that. I was referring to the comrie and campoli trades along with the potential of this one. Looks like he will go to either Pittsburgh, Montreal, or the Caps. But it will be a Eastern team and the Isles will get a high round draft.

T
Old 03-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #322
ahc4353

New Jersey Devils one time Captain and Defenseman Scott Stevens came to visit Jr. at the hospital today. Gave him a signed hat and poster. Sat with him and just talked. What a very, very nice guy.

I wish I could describe Al's face when Mr. Stevens walked in the room. One for the books I tell ya.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #323
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
New Jersey Devils one time Captain and Defenseman Scott Stevens came to visit Jr. at the hospital today. Gave him a signed hat and poster. Sat with him and just talked. What a very, very nice guy.

I wish I could describe Al's face when Mr. Stevens walked in the room. One for the books I tell ya.
I always hated Stevens.

I don't hate him anymore.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #324
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:

That is very cool... glad he did that for Al, Jr. Classy move.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #325
motortown
Just in from the Storm

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
Partagas
motortown is on a distinguished road

Well said, gentlemen. Very well said.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #326
Partagaspete
I Do Medical Things

Trading: (8)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Partagaspete is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I always hated Stevens.

I don't hate him anymore.
I always hated that he played for the wrong team i.e. not mine. But I liked him.

What a nice thing too o. I hope Jr. is doing well and is in my prayers.

T
Old 03-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #327
motortown
Just in from the Storm

Partagas

Nice win for the Wings and Chris Osgood last night. Did any of you guys see the Downey/Janssen fight? With all of the BS & talk about trying to gradually sweep it out of the league, it was cool to just watch them let the guys throw. Not exactly Probert/Domi, but take a look for yourself.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96TBOfBS30Y
Old 03-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #328
ahc4353

Jr. with Scott Stevens. I really wish I could describe the moment when Jr. saw Mr. Stevens. Just can't for some reason.

(Bad phone pic. Real photo was taken and I will share when I get it)

(I would ask that this photo of my son not be chopped.)

Old 03-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #329
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Thanks for sharing this moment, Al! A truly classy move by Stevens.

Still praying for your son. Hang tough!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #330
Waynegro1

Prayers on the way for your son, Al. That Stevens is a Class-Act.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #331
motortown
Just in from the Storm

Partagas

Who knew he was a really good guy all along?... again, very cool stuff!

Prayers and best wishes for your son.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #332
motortown
Just in from the Storm

Partagas

Aw, ****.... Jordan Leopold is back with Calgary... yeah, the deadline this afternoon is gonna get good!!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #333
gpugliese
B.Y.O.B.

First Name: Greg
Trading: (13)
HUpmann
gpugliese will become famous soon enough

It seems as if hockey players are the most charitable and participate in more humane events than any of the other major sports.

Don't get me wrong, there's always a lot of stories of NFL, MLB and NBA players participating in their communities, but it seems as if NHL players go above and beyond.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #334
dabigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpugliese View Post
It seems as if hockey players are the most charitable and participate in more humane events than any of the other major sports.

Don't get me wrong, there's always a lot of stories of NFL, MLB and NBA players participating in their communities, but it seems as if NHL players go above and beyond.
The biggest thing for me is that the NHL players for the most part GET IT (giving back to the fans). Where is with the other 'big' sports, it's way too much about me and it's an inconvenience (again, there are exceptions).

Old 03-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #335
Waynegro1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigdog View Post
The biggest thing for me is that the NHL players for the most part GET IT (giving back to the fans). Where is with the other 'big' sports, it's way too much about me and it's an inconvenience (again, there are exceptions).
Well said, I've said this for years. Hockey players are the "blue collar" of the sports world. From high school, college to pro. A hockey player is a stand-up guy, for the most part.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #336
ahc4353

A father of a Penn State defenseman passed away last week. The team, coaching and support staff make the 6 hour drive to the funeral. As well as taking time to stop by and see Jr.

My wife always said that if we had a daughter she would of wanted her to merry a hockey player. That in it's self speaks volumes.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #337
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigdog View Post
I would agree and would put the NASCAR community and professional golfers in the equation also. They all realize that they have nothing without the fans.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #338
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
A father of a Penn State defenseman passed away last week. The team, coaching and support staff make the 6 hour drive to the funeral. As well as taking time to stop by and see Jr.

My wife always said that if we had a daughter she would of wanted her to merry a hockey player. That in it's self speaks volumes.
not a good year for PSU hockey it seems..but I'm happy to hear they stopped by to see Jr. I'm sure that made his day. I'm also considering getting a scott stevens sweater now
Old 03-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #339
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpugliese View Post

Absolutely....the Blackhawks taking a side trip to their GM's father's funeral this season was a prime example.

Like I said, I have gone from disliking Scott Stevens to being a fan for life.

No real blockbusters at the deadline, Hawks picked up Sammy Pahlsson from the Ducks as a center in exchange for a 6th D-man, no real big improvement as I see it.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #340
bugmenot
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Tony
Trading: (4)
bugmenot is on a distinguished road

Eh, sharks did some trading, not too happy with it, but we will see. Gave up 2 young kids, and a draft pick. It is more the draft picks which may come back and haunt them, as there are some good stipulations attached.
Closed Thread