Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 10-09-2020, 09:55 AM   #2441
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Last night's pours:

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:27 AM   #2442
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Couple pours yesterday, finally cracked a '15 Booker's (15-06, Noe Secret). It did not disappoint.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-12-2020, 10:53 AM   #2443
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a glorious beacon of lightstearns is a glorious beacon of lightstearns is a glorious beacon of lightstearns is a glorious beacon of lightstearns is a glorious beacon of lightstearns is a glorious beacon of light

Did a 3-bottle comparison of EHT Single Barrel on Saturday (third was a sample from a friend). I think the general consensus was that they are all a little different but still pretty similar, the main takeaway was that even though it's the same proof as the small batch these were all noticeably better, probably should have thrown a pour of that in but it's something I've had a bunch of and am familiar with

I'm biased, but I liked my bottle the best, I thought it had a thicker sugar note

Old 10-12-2020, 03:23 PM   #2444
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Cool comparison, and interesting they were pretty consistent. Thanks Ben.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:08 AM   #2445
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA
stearns is a glorious beacon of lightstearns is a glorious beacon of lightstearns is a glorious beacon of lightstearns is a glorious beacon of lightstearns is a glorious beacon of lightstearns is a glorious beacon of light

I was having a pour from my OWA pick bottle last night and figured I'd do a little taste of the shelfer to go with it. The shelf was all sweet caramel, the pick had a little cinnamon spice to it, tasting side by side really let their differences show
Old 10-19-2020, 09:33 AM   #2446
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post

I was having a pour from my OWA pick bottle last night and figured I'd do a little taste of the shelfer to go with it. The shelf was all sweet caramel, the pick had a little cinnamon spice to it, tasting side by side really let their differences show
Did you have a preference, Ben?

Last night's pours:

Old 10-19-2020, 09:34 AM   #2447
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Shelfer would probably be better for casual drinking in large amounts (so smooth and sweet) but the pick was more interesting, made me think a little. The pick takes the overall win but I've been trying to slow down on drinking that one, so the shelfer is what I'm usually grabbing for a Weller fix
Old 10-19-2020, 09:36 AM   #2448
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Sounds like both are good choices. Nice.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:46 AM   #2449
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

No losers here