Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
dbradley
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Brad
Trading: (0)
Bolivar
dbradley is on a distinguished road
Default Great BOTL - Mark

I wanted to give some major props to one of our brothers here.

About 3-4 years ago I lured one of my buddies to the slope and watched him tumble out of control - Mark aka BostonMark. He's one of my best friends and he's really been taking care of me lately.

Until last spring I was pretty set with my smokes buying some every week or so. I would get a few good smokes for myself and lots of introductory smokes for a weekly herf I would do with several first timers and casual smokers.

Then in May I had to move for a new job and since then I've been carrying two mortgages since my old house still hasn't sold. So money's been tight and unfortunately my cigar budget is gone (at least until I sell my house then I'm going to go crazy again.)

Luckily, my move put me in the same town as Mark. What a blessing! We quickly decided to do a mini-herf on Thursday nights and I assumed I would just be smoking what was left of my stash (mostly the cheaper cigars I bought to hand out).

Well I was wrong.

Since we started herfing in september Mark brings me one or two great sticks every week. He's probably gifted like 30-40 really good smokes. Though I haven't bought hardly any new cigars I'm still getting to try these great new sticks that are coming out- like the Cain, Illusion, etc... as well as great old ones like the Padron Annis that I love!

The amazing part is that I'm strapped for cash but he's a college student and I'm pretty sure he only makes like $9 a week. He is super generous and a great representation of the brotherhood (and sisterhood) that is found in this community!
dbradley is offline   Reply With Quote