Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
smll2
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
smll2 is on a distinguished road
Default Stiffed by Chasidor Store/Humidor....Chuck

Gentlemen,

August 14th of this year I placed an order just north of $100.00 for some shelves from Chuck for my wine coolers. I found Chuck lurking on this site. He accepted my money...I recieved a computer generated email...stating that I would be receiving the shelves(most scatch and dent shelves) which appeared to be in inventory and scratched and dented. Today it's December 1st and I don't have any shelves from my order. I have emailed Chuck over the last the last several months 8-10 times...most likely more. I've emailed him directly from his contact email form on his site...at least three times.

He has NEVER responded to any of my inquiries via email or his contact form on his website. PoPay(my cash payment to Chuck) only allows you to dispute a transaction within 45 days of your order.

It appears that I am out $100.00 as he won't respond to me. In addition I have PM'd him on this site and one other. NO RESPONSE!!!

I think it's important for folks in the Cigar Community to share information about Vendors like this. That's part of why we have these forums.

I don't take this posting likely. I have given Chuck the way way way benefit of the doubt on this. The $100.00 loss hurts for sure in these tough times...but to be completely ignored by someone who was spoken so highly of here on this forum SUCKS!!!

Beware of Chuck and Chasidor Stores...humidors.

If folks want to see my order and payment confirmation I would be happy to post.

Thanks Tom

Last edited by smll2; 12-01-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: clearer topic
Old 12-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Chasidor Humidor Store and problem.

I bought some drawers from Chuck a while back and all went great. I checked his user page and see that he hasn't been on since June.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about

I don't know what to tell you, but I've dealt with Chuck many times and never had any problems with his personal or business dealings. I've bought cedar drawers and shelves from him, and even one of his old VinoTemps. He has always gone way beyond what was expected of him.

I do know that in the past, Chuck has been out of touch here due to health issues within his family.

Hopefully, one of the other Asylum members will have a way to contact him. Don't write your deal off: I'm sure there is a reason for his absence.

Charlie
Old 12-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
smll2
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
I bought some drawers from Chuck a while back and all went great. I checked his user page and see that he hasn't been on since June.

Here is a current link of his site. If you google him you get all kinds of different pages. On this page he updated it November 26th. He boast a live cam in his shop working on orders. (Just not mine)

http://www.chasidorhumidors.com/
Old 12-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
smll2
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley00p View Post
I don't know what to tell you, but I've dealt with Chuck many times and never had any problems with his personal or business dealings. I've bought cedar drawers and shelves from him, and even one of his old VinoTemps. He has always gone way beyond what was expected of him.

I do know that in the past, Chuck has been out of touch here due to health issues within his family.

Hopefully, one of the other Asylum members will have a way to contact him. Don't write your deal off: I'm sure there is a reason for his absence.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie and I have given him as mentioned lots of rope here. You can go on his website in the morning and see him working...online. He's healthy, working and asking for more orders. I just for the life of me don't get it. I have been able to watch him live on his webcam a few times over the last month...working. So it's all the more frustrating for me.

I emailed him on his site tonight from his email contact form....and told him about this post.

I won't stop here. I'm really really upset having been treated like this. It just makes no sense. He's healthy and working....you can click on his web cam tomorrow. I'm mumbling cuz I'm at a loss for words.

Tom

Here is his website

http://www.chasidorhumidors.com/

Tom

Last edited by smll2; 12-01-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

His site shows that these orders are in the works...

Currently Processing
Orders - 469,470,471

Upcoming (In order)
Orders - 472,473,477,479

Just curious... what is your order number?

Sorry for the troubles you are having.

I got some shelves and a drawer a while back... quality workmanship. Hope it works out for you.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #7
GolfNut
Back in the woodshop!

First Name: Forrest
Trading: (38)
Partagas
GolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura about

Have you tried calling him? His number is listed. Might have a super duper spam blocker.
I suggest picking up the phone and ask him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #8
smll2
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
His site shows that these orders are in the works...

Currently Processing
Orders - 469,470,471

Upcoming (In order)
Orders - 472,473,477,479

Just curious... what is your order number?

Sorry for the troubles you are having.

I got some shelves and a drawer a while back... quality workmanship. Hope it works out for you.

Thanks...I am order #411....which I always reference when I try to contact him.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #9
smll2
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfNut View Post
Have you tried calling him? His number is listed. Might have a super duper spam blocker.
I suggest picking up the phone and ask him.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't have his number....and the spam blocker thing didn't operate well when my money was accepted...LOL....I would think no vendor has a big time spam block when they are getting orders from all over the country. Also...he has a contact email form on his website ie "contact us"...that for sure doesn't have a spam blocker....

He has turned his back on this order...I don't know why.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

sorry this happened to you

hope it will work out

thanks for the heads up
Old 12-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #11
GolfNut
Back in the woodshop!

First Name: Forrest
Trading: (38)
Partagas
GolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura about

Google is your friend with a little effort. Like I said, his number is publibcly listed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Here's the problem, I'm guessing you might be in the same boat I am.

He ran into A LOT of problems with the stained drawers and had so much delay because of them he actually discontinued the stained drawers the end of last month. It sounds like your drawers were already done and just sitting in inventory, but mine were a normal order of stained drawers.

He's gone through a ton of cedar drawers which he has no problem getting out because they're just cut out and put together, and I think the exotic woods are done differently as well, but the stained drawers are way behind.

My order number was 382 and I placed my order on July 22nd, and the display on the side is only for cedar orders. If it's any indication though there is a HUGE discrepancy between cedar orders and stained orders.

He's said twice in his recent updates that the he's finishing up the stained orders and should have those out very soon.

I actually just emailed him today too, but don't expect a response. He seems pretty overwhelmed. Not an excuse, but just the facts.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #13
smll2
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfNut View Post
Google is your friend with a little effort. Like I said, his number is publibcly listed.
Posted via Mobile Device

He makes his living taking email orders over the internet. No reason to make excuses for him...like someone didn't call. My effort to contact him via email which is how he run his business is extensive. I'm done emailing him or trying to contact him at all.

He needs to reach out....
Old 12-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #14
smll2
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
Here's the problem, I'm guessing you might be in the same boat I am.

He ran into A LOT of problems with the stained drawers and had so much delay because of them he actually discontinued the stained drawers the end of last month. It sounds like your drawers were already done and just sitting in inventory, but mine were a normal order of stained drawers.

He's gone through a ton of cedar drawers which he has no problem getting out because they're just cut out and put together, and I think the exotic woods are done differently as well, but the stained drawers are way behind.

My order number was 382 and I placed my order on July 22nd, and the display on the side is only for cedar orders. If it's any indication though there is a HUGE discrepancy between cedar orders and stained orders.

He's said twice in his recent updates that the he's finishing up the stained orders and should have those out very soon.

I actually just emailed him today too, but don't expect a response. He seems pretty overwhelmed. Not an excuse, but just the facts.

I totally agree with you and I think this is plausible. Has he ever responded to you? If he responded to me just twice over the last 3.5 months I would be cool. Lack of Communication in anything causes major problems. No communication leads to ugly stuff like this post.

I have like one natural stained thing...everything else was stock scratch and dent....and....I just don't get the zero Customer Service aspect of this.

I'm a brother and will work with anyone.....just give me a reason. That's not to much to ask for.

Tom
Old 12-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #15
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Thanks for this post. I was going to order from him for my drawers when i get my wine cooler... looks like i'll stay away.

Busy or not is no excuse to not answer emails for months on end. That's just bad customer service.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #16
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by smll2 View Post
I totally agree with you and I think this is plausible. Has he ever responded to you? If he responded to me just twice over the last 3.5 months I would be cool. Lack of Communication in anything causes major problems. No communication leads to ugly stuff like this post.

I have like one natural stained thing...everything else was stock scratch and dent....and....I just don't get the zero Customer Service aspect of this.

I'm a brother and will work with anyone.....just give me a reason. That's not to much to ask for.

Tom
That's the problem right there.

Even though I also ordered cedar shelves and those are supposed to ship in a couple days, because I ordered two stained drawers and the entire order waits on the slowest item, he doesn't ship separately.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #17
smll2
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
That's the problem right there.

Even though I also ordered cedar shelves and those are supposed to ship in a couple days, because I ordered two stained drawers and the entire order waits on the slowest item, he doesn't ship separately.
Brutus....respectfully that is not the problem. I have emailed him a dozen times in various ways right through his website and otherwise and he has NOT responded even once over 3.5 months. As stated above I would be fine with hearing from just twice over the period. My emails to him are pretty blunt about getting back to me. NOTHING!!! That is the problem.

You might be more tied in with the guy...and he has responded to you since the end of July when you placed your order. I'm not tied in with him at all or anyone he knows other than than the postiive posts I've seen here. There is no excuse for no communication over 3.5 months after he took my money.

NONE AT ALL!!!

Tom
Old 12-01-2010, 10:46 PM   #18
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by smll2 View Post
Brutus....respectfully that is not the problem. I have emailed him a dozen times in various ways right through his website and otherwise and he has NOT responded even once over 3.5 months. As stated above I would be fine with hearing from just twice over the period. My emails to him are pretty blunt about getting back to me. NOTHING!!! That is the problem.

You might be more tied in with the guy...and he has responded to you since the end of July when you placed your order. I'm not tied in with him at all or anyone he knows other than than the postiive posts I've seen here. There is no excuse for no communication over 3.5 months after he took my money.

NONE AT ALL!!!

Tom
No, I'm saying that's the problem of why your order hasn't shipped, just like mine. I agree about the communication. I haven't messaged him or emailed him before this morning, but I remember hearing other people trying to communicate with him and not hearing back, so I didn't even bother. I agree that he needs to work on that.

Also, besides him being a member on the board and people here I trust vouching for him, I didn't know him or of him before I joined this board.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:57 PM   #19
smll2
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
No, I'm saying that's the problem of why your order hasn't shipped, just like mine. I agree about the communication. I haven't messaged him or emailed him before this morning, but I remember hearing other people trying to communicate with him and not hearing back, so I didn't even bother. I agree that he needs to work on that.

Also, besides him being a member on the board and people here I trust vouching for him, I didn't know him or of him before I joined this board.
Thanks for the honest response. I have better things to do then rant about a guy I've never met. I just felt the need to share my experience with others before they place an order with Chuck. From an online ordering experience I've had a lot of luck...knock on wood. (No pun intended).

This experience was and is horrible. Seeing the guy on the web cam working in his shop and knowing he's around....and not hearing from him is/was frustrating. I've made it clear on several emails I would take this to this forum and others..gave him weeks of prior notice and still nothing from him.

Very Strange. Something is not right.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #20
smelvis
Not part of the Clique

Trading: (16)
smelvis has disabled reputation

File a small claim and have him served for breach and fraud! J/K Kinda I have heard this from dozens if not hundreds on various places.

Good Luck!
Closed Thread