Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
bigloo
Crazy like a fox

First Name: Lu
Trading: (27)
Partagas
bigloo will become famous soon enough
Default Reserva Miraflor

I am starting a new thread here to review this cigar as I would like to spread the word as much as possible and help out an awesome BOTL. I met Andy today at a local smoking bar in Portland instead of just getting his cigars by mail. Before I get into the review, let me just say that Andy is a great guy. He is starting out from scratch to bring quality sticks to the market. His operation runs out of Estelli and his sticks are Nic. puros. As he is small startup, he is in the stage of having to sell his sticks to fund the next batch. You have to pull this information out of Andy though, all he wanted to talk about was cigars. I have a lot of respect for a guy his age chasing his dream. That being said, go buy sampler at the URL below, you wont be dissapointed. Now to the review.

Buy Miraflor here:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3343

Review:

No pictures as I was at a smoking bar. There are 5 sizes of the Miraflor, Toro Gordo, Robusto, Belicoso, Lancero and Churchill. I smoked a toro Gordo today. The wrapper is a smooth, slightly oily Habano wrapper. The cut and light were both easy. The cigar started off with a little pepper but quickly mellowed. I can best describe the flavor as sweet coffee and the smoke was very creamy. The cigar was consistent with this profile through the first 2/3 and picked up some extra oomph in the last third with some cedary tones coming through. Some have reported cocoa flavors too, I was drinking coffee and stout (both of which were a perfect combo) so did not detect the cocoa. All in all this was an excellent cigar. I would say if you are a Padron fan, you will like these. Personally I believe the Padron are Medium-Full in body, these would fall between medium and medium-full in my books. Finally, these cigars are relatively fresh (Sept of this year). I have put them into my humidor to rest up. As good as they were today, I think these will rest up/age fantastically. I actually cannot wait to see how they smoke in a month, then a month after that, etc.

It could be a while for the next shipment I was told, so grab these while you can. You will enjoy them and will help out BOTL looking to do good the old fashioned way.
bigloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Reserva Miraflor

Thanks for the info Lu! I know the owner.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
bigloo
Crazy like a fox

First Name: Lu
Trading: (27)
Partagas
bigloo will become famous soon enough

Hopefully not in the biblical sense, DAM Bao!!!!
bigloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Nice review. I liked these cigars as well!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:35 AM   #5
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

I will order 2 boxes (group buy for our Dutch board) later today, maybe even more if some other folks want in.