Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
BlackIrish
MassHole Militia

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (55)
LGC
BlackIrish has a spectacular aura aboutBlackIrish has a spectacular aura about
Default Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro toro

The cigar: Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro toro

Vitola: 6x52
Origin: Honduras
Wrapper: Costa Rica
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras

The marketing:

Courtesy of CI: Firmly square-pressed and aged to perfection. The Indian Tabac Super Fuerte line from Rocky Patel is a beauty. From first sight right down to the finger-burning nub, this cigar will captivate you. Handmade in Honduras, this gem employs an awesome blend of long-leaf tobaccos from Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Honduras to generate voluminous clouds of thick white smoke and a creamy, rich flavor with hints of chocolate. To tame this robust blend, a luscious wrapper is applied - either a dark, Nicaraguan Maduro or a flavorful Cuban-seed Corojo - just before aging each cigar for a minimum of 4 years. This patient aging process leads to a mature, round character that’s buttery smooth and ultimately satisfying.

Courtesy of Famous: Crafted for the true cigar connoisseur, Indian Tabac Super Fuerte cigars offer a rich, complex-tasting, box-pressed edition with a nutty flavor, extraordinary balance, and no bite. Each Indian Tabac Super Fuerte is blended with robust, 4-year-aged Costa Rican, Nicaraguan and Honduran longfillers, Nicaraguan binder, and your choice of Honduran Corojo-seed natural or Costa Rican-grown Maduro wrappers.

Smoked this as part of AD720's excellent blind taste test trade. (Andy is a fine BOTL!)

Prelight: This was a square pressed maduro toro. The dark brown wrapper has a dull sheen and a few veins. The cap was nicely applied, bunching was very good. Solid, well-filled, but not one of those sticks that seems heavier than you'd expect. I got maduroness and some slight spice on the sniff and the easy cold draw.

Burn: The cigar lit easily with my torch and burned straight from light until nub. The ash was dark gray, firm at the start, flakier towards the nub. Burn time was about 90 mins, with lots of smoke.

Flavor: I tasted dark maduro tobacco flavors with a touch of spice at the lighting. After about a half inch I found notes of black coffee, and some pleasant bitterness reminiscent of a stout. There was a slight sweetness and a slight spice -- not pepper, but more of a cinnamony, clove note.

By 1 inch in, the flavors became deeper, fuller, and darker. The body is medium, with a relatively clean, dry finish. A bit sweeter, too, with some cocoa and coffee. Smooth smoke, with no bite. It stayed like this through most of the smoke.

In the last third the flavors deepened a bit more, bringing some stronger clove, vanilla, and cake like notes, then blossoming into some more spice – cinnamon, red pepper. I sipped carefully, but the smoke started to get pretty hot in the last inch, so I laid it in the ashtray and said goodnight.

All in all, an enjoyable, well-made, honest maduro. Not a superstar, but certainly a respectable, quality everyday smoke. Often available at $2 per stick (or less if you dare enter the devil site), these offer a good bang for the buck.

BlackIrish
Old 11-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro toro

Thanks for the review, I have enjoyed the ones that I have smoked.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
duckmanco
Can't stop whats coming

Location: that forsaken stretch of wood they call Whiskey Grove
Trading: (10)
duckmanco is on a distinguished road

these are one of my go to smokes for whenever I am not concentrating on a smoke. They always deliver solid flavor and lots of smoke on the cheap. Try the corona maduro when you are short on time.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #4
jitzy
Illusione Whore

Trading: (17)
Bolivar
jitzy is on a distinguished road

great review, I bought them about 3 3/4 years ago to give out when my son was born and they were a big hit.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #5
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Love these smokes!

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #6
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

One of my favorites!!!

Thanks for the review!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #7
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

I just don't get this cigar. I'm gonna dig another one out and give it another shot but so far they just haven't done it for me.

Different strokes and stuff.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:50 AM   #8
Mr.Maduro
In Domino Confido

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (83)
HUpmann
Mr.Maduro has disabled reputation

Nice review. These were my first full-box purchase and still sample them from time to time. Overall good inexpensive smoke.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:05 PM   #9
icurrie
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Iain
Trading: (16)
SLR
icurrie is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the review, I got a bunch of these from CI when buying a box of RP Connecticut. Letting them rest for a while but now I can't wait to try them.
icurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I have enjoyed every single IT Maduro I've tried.
I find it funny because I have yet to find another Rocky blend that doesn't totally suck. I went out on a limb and bought a box of RP Fusion MM's and I've been giving them some time.
I have high hopes for the MM's, I hope they deliver.
Thanks for the review!!!
shilala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:36 PM   #11
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I have enjoyed every single IT Maduro I've tried.
I find it funny because I have yet to find another Rocky blend that doesn't totally suck. I went out on a limb and bought a box of RP Fusion MM's and I've been giving them some time.
I have high hopes for the MM's, I hope they deliver.
Thanks for the review!!!
Not to jack the thread, but Scott I like the MM's. I had one resting for a while like you and when I got around to smoking it I really enjoyed it. I bought some MM lanceros and had the first one of those the other night with no complaints. Let us know what you think.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #12
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Not to jack the thread, but Scott I like the MM's. I had one resting for a while like you and when I got around to smoking it I really enjoyed it. I bought some MM lanceros and had the first one of those the other night with no complaints. Let us know what you think.
I just got the jar down and sniffed them up. They smell delicious.
I pulled one out of the cello to see if they're ready and they need some time yet. I bet they'll be glorious come spring-time.
shilala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #13
auburnfan1980

The problem I have with this stick is that I'm convinced that they actually dye their "maduro" wrappers. I've smoked several of these and each time, there's a funny-looking blue-ish hue to the wrapper right around the burn line where the ash meets the wrapper. Also, something else that makes me quite skeptical is the fact that after smoking this stick, my fingers are left with half of the brownish/black dye from the wrapper. Anyone else think ITC dyes these particular maduros to make them look darker??

Jason
Old 11-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #14
BlackIrish
MassHole Militia

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (55)
LGC
BlackIrish has a spectacular aura aboutBlackIrish has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980 View Post
The problem I have with this stick is that I'm convinced that they actually dye their "maduro" wrappers. I've smoked several of these and each time, there's a funny-looking blue-ish hue to the wrapper right around the burn line where the ash meets the wrapper. Also, something else that makes me quite skeptical is the fact that after smoking this stick, my fingers are left with half of the brownish/black dye from the wrapper. Anyone else think ITC dyes these particular maduros to make them look darker??

Jason
I didn't notice either. I've got some more in my humi and will keep an eye out for this.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #15
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Good review, good smoke!
Old 11-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #16
Coz77
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Mark
Trading: (1)
Coz77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980 View Post

Jason
...Ive had this issue with the edge maduro also.
Coz77 is offline   Reply With Quote