Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Legend

Thumbs down montecristo media noche robusto

This review will be a bit half hearted because I was really looking forward to this smoke and it really disappointed.

Even though I've been smoking a long time montecristo is one of the brands I've avoided. Along with macanudo I viewed them as very mild cigars and as a guy who likes strong smooth cigars. Ist not my type. Well I saw the media noche come out and said to myself ok. I gotta yet that. So I forgot a bunch of times at my lounge to get the single then when I finally remembered they didn't have it. Which is rare. Zarka's has the best humi on the west coast and rarely will you not find a premium you want. So I shared that with Kevin(sts) and being the great guy he is. When he got a few he gave one to me.

So I'm excited. I know montecristo is a quality brand and I'm gonna have my first. I spark up it and I really liked it great smooth taste with a richness that was very good. I'm on a date with my wife so the company and setting is perfect to really enot it. And about 3/4 of an inch in it changes dramatically. It starts to get bitter. I have my wife try and ask the us it just me? But she agrees. Bitter. Then by inch and half in its bland. I finish it hoping for a turn around and nothing.

This cigar started as a smoke I was thinking would end up a high 3. But ends up a legend rating of 2. Yard gar. And for the price is lucky its not a dog rocket.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:20 AM   #2
jaycarla
Mossy Hoosier

First Name: Jay
Trading: (7)
Bolivar
jaycarla is on a distinguished road
Default Re: montecristo media noche robusto

Agree 100%. I wanted to like these so much! They can just be ripped on cbid.

Wouldn't say I was disappointed, because I was skeptical to begin with, but I was not a fan. I guess I will leave it there.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Legend

Just heard from another botl that this may be a CI exclusive which, if true, explains everything.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
WyGuy
Boiler Up!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
WyGuy will become famous soon enoughWyGuy will become famous soon enough

I had one last night and wasn't overly impressed. The draw was very tight! Hopefully, I just grabbed a dud because I still have 19 left.
WyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough

I have mixed feelings with this one. I got a fiver and I smoked the first one almost immediately. I was let down. I left the remaining sticks to rest for a while. After about two months I grabbed another hoping for a better result. I was pleasantly surprised. All the draw problems I'd had with the first had gone away and the flavor was more noticeable. It still isn't worth the price in my opinion, but I don't regret giving them a whirl.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #6
WyGuy
Boiler Up!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
WyGuy will become famous soon enoughWyGuy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbejon View Post
I have mixed feelings with this one. I got a fiver and I smoked the first one almost immediately. I was let down. I left the remaining sticks to rest for a while. After about two months I grabbed another hoping for a better result. I was pleasantly surprised. All the draw problems I'd had with the first had gone away and the flavor was more noticeable. It still isn't worth the price in my opinion, but I don't regret giving them a whirl.
Good to hear, I now plan to rest them for about 3 months and hope to see some major improvement.
WyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote