Old 02-04-2011, 06:09 AM   #1
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation
Default BBC Announcement .... By John Cleese

From the BBC - *by John Cleese*

ANNOUNCEMENT

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have therefore raised their security level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.” The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

Terrorists have been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let’s get the Bastards.” They don’t have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France ‘s white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country’s military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from “No worries” to “She’ll be alright, Mate.” Three more escalation levels remain: “Crikey!”, “I think we’ll need to cancel the barbie this weekend”, and “The barbie is canceled.”
Old 02-04-2011, 06:13 AM   #2
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: BBC Announcement .... By John Cleese

Old 02-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
CasaDooley
Herf Crew of 2

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (41)
HUpmann Navy (Disabled Vet)
CasaDooley has a spectacular aura aboutCasaDooley has a spectacular aura about

I could hear john Cleese's voice as I read. Very funny Sean, made my day!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Good stuff!!!

Chris.....
Old 02-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

funny
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #6
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Thanks Sean! Needed a good laugh on a dreary weather day!!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasaDooley View Post
I could hear john Cleese's voice as I read. Very funny Sean, made my day!
^^^This.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:38 PM   #8
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #9
guitar4001
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
VR Army (Active)
guitar4001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGAR View Post
From the BBC - *by John Cleese*

ANNOUNCEMENT

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have therefore raised their security level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.” The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

Terrorists have been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let’s get the Bastards.” They don’t have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France ‘s white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country’s military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from “No worries” to “She’ll be alright, Mate.” Three more escalation levels remain: “Crikey!”, “I think we’ll need to cancel the barbie this weekend”, and “The barbie is canceled.”
haha. the French.
guitar4001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:46 AM   #10
Kallipygoose

WW1 military dead : French : 1 397 800 - 4.29% of population
UK : 885 138 - 2.19% of population

WW2 mlitary dead : French : 216 600 - 1.36% of population
UK : 383 600 - 0.94% of population

I'm fond of John Cleese, love his humour but one can sometimes pick up a stereotype and make use of it without inquiring where it's been. I got the figures from Wikipedia.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:13 AM   #11
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallipygoose View Post

WW1 military dead : French : 1 397 800 - 4.29% of population
UK : 885 138 - 2.19% of population

WW2 mlitary dead : French : 216 600 - 1.36% of population
UK : 383 600 - 0.94% of population

I'm fond of John Cleese, love his humour but one can sometimes pick up a stereotype and make use of it without inquiring where it's been. I got the figures from Wikipedia.

Welcome to Cigar Asylum. It would be great if you could please head over to the the "New Inmates Processing Area" and tell us something about yourself, how long you have been enjoying cigars, what cigars marques you enjoy and so on.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Welcome to Cigar Asylum. It would be great if you could please head over to the the "New Inmates Processing Area" and tell us something about yourself, how long you have been enjoying cigars, what cigars marques you enjoy and so on.
Assuming, of course that he's here because of cigars or tobacco products!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #13
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Assuming, of course that he's here because of cigars or tobacco products!
True, and that was taken into consideration when I posted.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #14
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

good stuff
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #15
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

I was emailed this again today from a friend, and thought the thread was worth a bump.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote