Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 02-02-2009, 01:38 PM   #561
theycallmedan'lboone

Default Re: The Official Soccer/Football/Futbol/Calcio thr

no?

I guess we shall know soon enough about Lampard as THE fa has already said Bosingwa wouldn't face charges, that my friends, is absolutely ridiculous. Zero intent to play the ball, played dangerously, honestly looked malicious to me... so with the FA going that route, Alonso will end up with a 3 match ban.

"Referee Mike Riley has informed the FA that, while he did not see the incident himself, it was seen by his assistant Mo Matadar. No action was taken against Bosingwa by the officials.

"Under the FIFA Laws of the Game, the FA is prohibited from taking disciplinary action when incidents are seen at the time by the match officials."
Old 02-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #562
aldukes
Mr. Me Too

Trading: (3)
aldukes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone View Post
no?

I guess we shall know soon enough about Lampard as THE fa has already said Bosingwa wouldn't face charges, that my friends, is absolutely ridiculous. Zero intent to play the ball, played dangerously, honestly looked malicious to me... so with the FA going that route, Alonso will end up with a 3 match ban.

"Referee Mike Riley has informed the FA that, while he did not see the incident himself, it was seen by his assistant Mo Matadar. No action was taken against Bosingwa by the officials.

"Under the FIFA Laws of the Game, the FA is prohibited from taking disciplinary action when incidents are seen at the time by the match officials."
This whole thing is crazy. This will be one of those games that will be talked about for years to come.

Just saw the slo-mo and lampard gets the ball first. Terrible.
aldukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #563
Bubba - NJ
Deep Cherry Finish

First Name: Rolf
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Bubba - NJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bubba! glad to have you! I agree Lamps shouldn't have been sent off.. but mike riley was RIGHT there. SO he must have had some reason. however, bosingwa should have been SENT packing. He'll get an FA charge. Obviously you should be a liverpool fan, especially if you like the passion. it's what the reds do. passion. What did you think about Steven Gerrard's diving yellow? looked like his foot slipped to me.. but ok.
I honestly was glad to see a dive called . I don't really remember the play exactly but I do remember the yellow . Watch Luca Toni for Bayern enough and you will see some over embellishment of contact . The referee's have a hard enough job to do but the non call on Bosingwa was ridiculous . He was frustrated but he has got to stay in control and not put his boot in any ones arse . How long will Torres remain with Liverpool ? That kid is clutch . One other question I have - Is there any connection between Celtic , Liverpool and Manchester United ?
Bubba - NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #564
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldukes View Post

Just saw the slo-mo and lampard gets the ball first. Terrible.
Which means absolutely squat.
A common misconception about the laws of thegame is that many feel that if the player gets the ball first, there can be no foul or card.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with the call. Just with the reasoning that the call was terrible because he got the ball first.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #565
Jason
the thing under the thing

Bolivar
Jason will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
means he was playing the ball, not the man, doesn't it? that goes a long way towards excluding the possibility of intent to injure or violent conduct

now lets move on to Shawn Wright Phillips, nasty tackle then a plain retaliation kick, red card! No, foul for Citeh
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:17 PM   #566
aldukes
Mr. Me Too

Trading: (3)
aldukes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A common misconception about the laws of thegame is that many feel that if the player gets the ball first, there can be no foul or card.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with the call. Just with the reasoning that the call was terrible because he got the ball first.
There's the rule and what actually happens. I totally understand where youre coming from, being its the rules and all, but on a 50/50 ball the player that gets there first always gets the benefit of the doubt.

To me, Lampard starts his approach early enough, it was obvious in my judgement that he was going for the ball not the player. Alonso did not have possession of the ball.

I would have cautioned both players for dangerous play. Lampard for sliding high and the Alonso for coming in with a high boot after the ball was cleared away.
aldukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:20 AM   #567
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:

Can someone clue me in on the Boswinga incident? I don't recall what you are referring to.
http://www.fcupdate.nl/nieuws/2009/0...straft_112842/

You won't understand the language, but the video at the bottom shows it all.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:07 AM   #568
Mr.Italy
Just in

Trading: (1)
Mr.Italy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mr Italy. I didn't really understand your contest. I for one am certainly in for a Champions league pool. Perhaps you could explain it better? here?
Well my english is very bad and I'm sorry, but what you really do not understand?

°°°°°°°°
Who agrees, to the contest, put's in a stick declaring it at time of signing his name for the final winner of the contest.

First leg : Must guess the final eight not later than February 23rd (it can also be changed, last one is the valid one)

Second leg : Must guess the final four not later than April 6th ( If only one winner from first leg, we take also the best runners up to go ahead but they have to add another cigar if they decide to continue )

Third leg : Must choose the final Champion, not later than April 27th and you get all the cigars.

All the partecipants will send on May 28th the cigars to the winner.

Atlético - Porto 24/02 » 11/03 »
Lyon - Barcelona 24/02 » 11/03 »
Arsenal - Roma 24/02 » 11/03 »
Inter - Man. United 24/02 » 11/03 »
R. Madrid - Liverpool 25/02 » 10/03 »
Chelsea - Juventus 25/02 » 10/03 »
Villarreal - Panathinaikos 25/02 » 10/03 »
Sporting - Bayern 25/02 » 10/03 »

I start :

Mr.Italy > Gran Pyramide Hoyo de Monterrey from humidor

First Leg Choise.

Porto
Barcelona
Roma
Inter
Liverpool
Chelsea
Panathinaikos
Bayern
Mr.Italy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #569
theycallmedan'lboone

my apologies sir, If i'd taken the time to read I think I would have understood. basically You pick who goes through from the first round, second and then the final? I'm not trying to ruin your contest but what happens if we tie?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #570
Mr.Italy
Just in

I believed it was already difficult to get to teh end, but yes if we tie we share the cigars and...... for doing it a bit more difficult we could :

- assign a number of points per leg guessed correctly.
- and assign a number of points for correctly guessing the aggregate score.
- so you must pick winners for each game and most points wins.

example:
Liverpool V Real I predict liverpool to win by an aggregate score of 3-1.

If Liverpool go through. I get 2 points
If I guess the correct aggregate score, I get 1 point. totaling 3 points.

person with the most points at end wins

But passage between 1st to 2nd and to 3rd leg is necessary mainly to get the winning team.

I hope it is clear, otherwise I renounce and hope somebody can build up something better.

Enjoy smoking watching European Champion League is my target
Old 02-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #571
Jdbwolverines
Still Watching My Back

Jdbwolverines is on a distinguished road

Lampard won his appeal against the red card so he won't be missing any games. Probably a good outcome because while I do think it was a penalty (you can't go in on a 50/50 ball with your cleats up like) not severe enough to warrant a 3 game suspension.

The no call on Bosingwa and subsequent ruling is atrocious. Because the refs messed up, and even admitted to doing so, you can't punish the player later. Doesn't make an sense to me.

It was nice to see a card given out for diving and is something I would like to see catch on.. Even though I don't think he was actually diving that play, there were other times that game by him and others were it looked like it could have been called. I would love to see a certain Portuguese player who seems to have trouble keeping his footing around the penalty box be called for this.
Jdbwolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #572
Mr.Italy
Just in

What you think of Quaresma to Chelsea? will he find space in teh team ?
Old 02-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #573
Flatsix
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Partagas
Flatsix is on a distinguished road

In regard to the Chelsea game on Sunday and all of the B.S that went on, in my opinion, Mike Reilly lost control of the game early on. The referee is supposed to allow play to go on and not get overly involved. The actions by some of the players and the roughness in which the game was played was due to Reilly missing or miss calling actions.

As to the cards:

Lampard=deserved a yellow at most, got a red but it's been overturned.
Gerrard=dive, deserved a yellow.
Gerrard=kicking the ball into Kalou, at least a yellow, maybe a red.
Mascherano=probably deserved a yellow early on
Alonso=deserved a yellow in the Lampard mess.
Bosingwa=I'm a Blue's fan and I feel that he deserved a red, a fine and maybe a suspension.
Flatsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #574
Flatsix
Just in from the Storm

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Italy View Post
What you think of Quaresma to Chelsea? will he find space in teh team ?
There are enough Portuguese players on the team to make him feel at home. He should get along with Scolari and if they play him on the left side then Chelsea can go 4-4-2. I'm hoping that he brings some speed and ball handling to the team. I always liked Wright Phillips because he could take the ball deep and then cross. Quaresma should be able to do the same as well as shoot from the outside of the off foot creating scoring opportunities.

You've probably seen more of his play than I have, what do you think of the move.

Good or bad for Chelsea?
Old 02-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #575
Flatsix
Just in from the Storm

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdbwolverines View Post
I would love to see a certain Portuguese player who seems to have trouble keeping his footing around the penalty box be called for this.
CR keeps slipping on the gel dripping from his hair
Old 02-04-2009, 03:12 AM   #576
Mr.Italy
Just in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatsix View Post

You've probably seen more of his play than I have, what do you think of the move.

Good or bad for Chelsea?
He is been playing very little and very badly with Inter, never actually showed any skils. Basically he has failed over here even if he had in Mourinho a pusher that tried in all ways to "wake him up".

I understand this is his last chance to show in a big team, if he will fails he will go back to play in portiguese championship.

I hope he recovers as 20 Million Euro spent with no results is really bad ( I understand it is been given free to Clesea until June).
Old 02-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #577
theycallmedan'lboone

bloody hell. Gerrard is injured.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #578
Jdbwolverines
Still Watching My Back

Jdbwolverines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
bloody hell. Gerrard is injured.
WTF!!!
Jdbwolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #579
Jason
the thing under the thing

Bolivar
Jason will become famous soon enough

watched the last 10 of OT, apparently that's all I needed to see. Torres injured too?

You know I hate to casue anymore pain than is necessary but I just manufactured this yesterday and have to get some use out of it:

RAFAHAHAHA
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #580
theycallmedan'lboone

I recorded it, and now that I've watched it. Lucas was worthless and in the long run might have cost us the game. Gerrard is out for 3 weeks. It means Gerrard will miss this weekend's trip to Portsmouth as well as England's friendly with Spain next week.

The news is a massive blow to Liverpool's title challenge as their talisman will also miss the home clash with Manchester City on 22nd February and possibly the UEFA Champions League tie with Real Madrid three days later.

He's missing games against relegation close teams and Real. Thank goodness for the extra week from the internationals. bad time to be with out Gerrard, however I'll say liverpool might have played their best game this season without him, and torres. v Man United. Hurts my fantasy team as I've only got 2 transfers and can't afford to pull him and then add him back, hopefully lucas will leave and we'll pick up a new strong midfielder not someone who can't handle pressure.