Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 12-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
mjchapman

Default Slippery Slope... You ain't Kidding!

Hey guys. First off, greetings. I have been lurking for quite some time. I have been enjoying the hobby for about 2 years now. I just ordered a few sticks and realized that I have no room in my current humidor. So I made an emergency run to Wally World (actually 3 locally. It is hard to find a cooler in Ohio in December.) and Purchased a 28 quart cooler. I took my oasis and put it in there and all of my sticks plus current additions. Waiting on the holidays to conclude to purchase some beads and put them in there. Any ideas on how many beads I will need to purchase and what type?

I have included pics of the old humidor and the new coolidor.

Semper Delectatio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0062.jpg (110.5 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0063.jpg (112.9 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0065.jpg (102.0 KB, 243 views)
Old 12-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Re: Slippery Slope... You ain't Kidding!

Welcome to the Nut Hut brother. thats just the beginning. It always starts with "Just One"
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

28 quart, probably half a pound. Get a pound just to be sure. If you're on a budget 8-12 oz's will do just fine.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
mjchapman

Bill,

would you recommend heartfelt or shilala? I probably will get a pound just in case.

Thanks
Old 12-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Nice collection! Looks like a lot of nice sticks to enjoy! Savor them!

As for beads, I recommend Shilala beads but HF are good too

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjchapman View Post
Bill,

would you recommend heartfelt or shilala? I probably will get a pound just in case.

Thanks
I've never used Shilala's beads, but I've heard GREAT things! Honestly whichever you choose you'll be happy with, you can't go wrong with either.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
I've never used Shilala's beads, but I've heard GREAT things! Honestly whichever you choose you'll be happy with, you can't go wrong with either.
I agree. Its a 50/50 split in the Asylum on which to use. I use the Shilalas and have never been disappointed with them. And a great brother here sells them.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #8
mjchapman

Well here is an update. I now officially have moved everything to the new coolidor. I watched the RH overnight and it has settled at 65 in all areas. The smell is fantastic when I open the humidor. Now I just have to resist the temptation to open the lid and admire.

I will be putting in an order for some HF beads after christmas. I will use them in my old humi after i reseason it. I had to use the drawers in the cooler so I will need to get some trays from somewhere, maybe WaxingMoon.

Thanks for all the input gentlemen.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Great job brother, sounds like you have a plan.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #10
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

You can just use empty cigar boxes to store singles. That's what I do, go to your local B&M and buy them. They are very cheap and effective. Also you can take your old desktop trays and use them in the coolidor. But Ed (waxingmoon) does awesome work, I'd definitely pm him about some trays.