Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2010, 01:19 AM   #1
staminator

Default Just purchased (old) X-tend lighter

I walked into a local shop yesterday and found the ST Dupont X-tend lighter marked for sale at $120. Knowing that these lighters usually went for more money I inquired a bit farther and was told by someone who barely knew English that he could take 25% off the top. I thought this was too good to be true. Then the best part...he tells me after I hesitated a bit longer that with 25% percent off, the lighter would cost me no more than $75. I feel like English wasn't his only weak point......

I went and took some money out of the ATM, and ended up with $76 in my wallet, seeing how far I could play this out. He took his 25% off and gave me the total (obviously more than $76). He ended up giving me the lighter for the money I had after a quick haggle.

I took the lighter home and was looking through the documentation and saw that it was printed in June 2000!!! Um...I wasn't took excited about that. So I just bought a 10 year old lighter. Honestly though, it works great!! I'm loving it and what a steal!

The ignitor button is a little bit stiff, but seems to be getting better with use (3 cigars of use actually - I feel like a bit of a chimney after today ). Anybody else with an X-tend have a similar issue?

Anywaaaays...I had to share the story!!