Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 12-15-2009, 05:03 AM   #141
mrreindeer

Default Re: Dexter Season 4 - DISCUSSION THREAD

OMG! Damn, I never liked her but to kill her off.....BRUTAL!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:33 AM   #142
mrreindeer

My only beef with it is that Dexter's son is just too young to remember any of what happened....unlike when Dexter himself was in the similar situation as a child. He keeps talking throughout the season about 'loss of innocence' but for his son to have lost his innocence (as he had at around age 5 or so), doesn't he have to be older than a year old baby?
Old 12-15-2009, 05:36 AM   #143
mrreindeer

Ok, can't stop thinking about this.....and Rita being killed in the bathtub in his home....begs the question....was this the first murder in that home or is this a repetition of a prior murder???? And...had Trinity already started (or finished) his next series of killings???
Old 12-15-2009, 05:46 AM   #144
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreindeer View Post
Ok, can't stop thinking about this.....and Rita being killed in the bathtub in his home....begs the question....was this the first murder in that home or is this a repetition of a prior murder???? And...had Trinity already started (or finished) his next series of killings???
The boy he kidnapped began that series of murders, then Rita was next, then he never finished the cycle.

Don't think any murders had happened in that house before. She was merely a tool for Trinity to get to Dexter.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:47 AM   #145
str8edg

Dexter is going to fish him out of the ocean, re-animate him and kill him again.

What a finish! I'm going to miss Rita
Old 12-15-2009, 07:05 AM   #146
mrreindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
The boy he kidnapped began that series of murders, then Rita was next, then he never finished the cycle.
Ah yeah, that's right.......or did he??? I wonder if he killed 2 others...(and he wasn't successful with the boy...)
Old 12-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #147
The Professor
i wish i was geRRy...

First Name: geRRy
Trading: (7)
ERdM
The Professor has disabled reputation

Don't make this too complicated, people. I'd be shocked if there was anything fishy going on in the narrative structure (e.g., a dream). I could be wrong; but I was mostly right about everything else this season, so that's unlikely (see post 34 in this thread). I'm talking to you, David.

I think Andy's questions/guesses are pretty good. I wouldn't be surprised if the older kids go to the grandparents and Deb moves in to help with the baby (and further enrich her relationship with Dexter). I don't think Dexter has to own up to sh*t, though. He's a high-profile person and could, reasonably, be targeted. Hell ... just look at what's happened to Deb in previous seasons (e.g., Ice Truck Killer). That said, it wouldn't surprise me if someone (Quinn) started snooping around/asking questions and Dexter has to do something about that next season.

Join the CA Lottery (clicky). It's fun!!!
The Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #148
mrreindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
Don't make this too complicated, people. I'd be shocked if there was anything fishy going on in the narrative structure (e.g., a dream). I could be wrong; but I was mostly right about everything else this season, so that's unlikely (see post 34 in this thread). I'm talking to you, David.
You really are psychic, aren't you!? Amazing predictions!

And I'd be really disappointed if they did it as a dream...but I just loved this season so I'm sad to see it's over and wouldn't mind to start it up all over again!

Quote:
I think Andy's questions/guesses are pretty good. I wouldn't be surprised if the older kids go to the grandparents and Deb moves in to help with the baby (and further enrich her relationship with Dexter). I don't think Dexter has to own up to sh*t, though. He's a high-profile person and could, reasonably, be targeted. Hell ... just look at what's happened to Deb in previous seasons (e.g., Ice Truck Killer). That said, it wouldn't surprise me if someone (Quinn) started snooping around/asking questions and Dexter has to do something about that next season.
I think next season will have Deb snooping around on her bro instead of Quinn. You heard it here.

That makes it more interesting than a repeat of the 'ol Sergeant Doakes scenario.

And you do know that Dexter & Deb are married in real life, right?

That for me, was the biggest shocker of the season!
Old 12-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #149
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
You really are psychic, aren't you!? Amazing predictions!

And I'd be really disappointed if they did it as a dream...but I just loved this season so I'm sad to see it's over and wouldn't mind to start it up all over again!

I think next season will have Deb snooping around on her bro instead of Quinn. You heard it here.

That makes it more interesting than a repeat of the 'ol Sergeant Doakes scenario.

And you do know that Dexter & Deb are married in real life, right?

That for me, was the biggest shocker of the season!
I just found this out myself.

Might as well toss in my prediction; I think the last thing you will ever see in the Dexter series is his son becoming the serial killer and it will solve a long unsolved crime.

It never seems to take long to move past a murder and forget a former star, so Rita will be an afterthought very soon and we'll all be spellbound by another drama.

On a side note, I watched "Law Abiding Citizen" last night and every Dexter fan should do the same.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #150
The Professor
i wish i was geRRy...

First Name: geRRy
Trading: (7)
ERdM
The Professor has disabled reputation

Yeah ... they're married (recently).

Join the CA Lottery (clicky). It's fun!!!
The Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:30 AM   #151
mrreindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Might as well toss in my prediction; I think the last thing you will ever see in the Dexter series is his son becoming the serial killer
No....never......hahahahaa.

Quote:
January.

[cyber-stalker leaves the room ]
Old 12-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #152
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I did not know this.
Quote:

Ian already let the cat out of the bag (which gives us some insight as to what might happen next year). He said that she helps him out in the novels, but that could easily change in the television series.

Insert quote here.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #153
mrreindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Ian already let the cat out of the bag (which gives us some insight as to what might happen next year). He said that she helps him out in the novels, but that could easily change in the television series.
Interesting....I'd have a tough time if Deb starts assisting Dex...I just think that she's very much on the right side of the law and could never kill anybody, well, outside of her job...I mean, she didn't even kill the hot reporter chick & she very well could have, knowing that the hot reporter chick had shot her & killed her boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, whatever the hell Lundy was.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #154
floydpink
crazy diamond

Cohiba

I forget, is it confirmed that Dexter's father is actually dead? My mind is racing after that ending.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #155
mrreindeer

as a doornail....but i'm forgetting how it happened
Old 12-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #156
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Interesting....I'd have a tough time if Deb starts assisting Dex...I just think that she's very much on the right side of the law and could never kill anybody, well, outside of her job...I mean, she didn't even kill the hot reporter chick & she very well could have, knowing that the hot reporter chick had shot her & killed her boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, whatever the hell Lundy was.
I don't think that means she'll kill, but she'll be an accomplice as she will know what is going on and will cover for him. That's only IF they go that route in the television series.

Insert quote here.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #157
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Quote:
as a doornail....but i'm forgetting how it happened
Heart Attack most likely brought on by suicide with medication.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #158
kayaker

Wow. What a great end to the season. So many things they can do with the next season now. I hope they follow it up well.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #159
floydpink
crazy diamond

Cohiba

Yeah, I thought the Sopranos was good, but Dexter blows it away. The ending of the Sopranos was a total letdown. Never was able to get into Sons of Anarchy and gave up watching it.

I am a Dexter addict.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #160
floydp
Team of 11

First Name: Frank
Trading: (0)
Partagas MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
floydp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Yeah, I thought the Sopranos was good, but Dexter blows it away. The ending of the Sopranos was a total letdown. Never was able to get into Sons of Anarchy and gave up watching it.

I am a Dexter addict.
Started watching Six Feet Under thru DVD's from Netflix and really like it. Like Dexter I find the characters to be interesting. And for the record I really liked Rita and will miss her. Can't wait for season 5.