Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 04-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #21
klipsch

Default Re: Tatuaje T110 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle View Post
Nothing against you here AJ, but I'm just wondering why I see comments like this about the "new" T110's? Nothing changed about these cigars, nothing. They were rolled a few months later is all...

Can you provide any info on why they might be different from the OR? Not trying to call you out or anything, I'm honestly just curious as I've seen other people make the same comment.
Can't say what happened to the wrappers between the OR's and the Aug & Sept rolls, but they aren't even close in my opinion. The wrappers on the OR's are oilier and they have a pepper blast at the initial lite that's like a smack in the face. Even the very first reviews commented on how the pepper subsided after the first 3/4" - 1" of the cigar. Seasoned smokers that I gave the original sticks to, referred to them as "pepper bombs". The August and September rolls just don't have that initial kick in the teeth, that the July release presented...but they sure do deliver in every other way. I don't know why...I just know from my own experience.

Maybe the foil wraps are different? I don't want to unwrap them to find out just yet.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #22
Tripp
Pepin Ho of the NorthWest

First Name: Tripp
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Tripp is on a distinguished road

I had one of the OR's last night... I'm sad that I only have 1 left
Old 04-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #23
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipsch View Post
Can't say what happened to the wrappers between the OR's and the Aug & Sept rolls, but they aren't even close in my opinion. The wrappers on the OR's are oilier

The wrappers on the OR I smoked and last one I have left are super oily and smooth, while the newer release ones I nabbed are more Padronish in wrapper texture.

aj
Old 04-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #24
wolfandwhisky
Resident Whisky Addict

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
wolfandwhisky is on a distinguished road

Alright guys - sorry to drop in as the un-informed straggler again... but can someone break down the releases for me? (Not to say I haven't searched but I may have just missed it.)

I'm seeing the term "OR" (I assume original release), "Aug & Sep", and the ones I have I understand to be "Nov 2009".

Was there more than just the 200 boxes in Hawaii (i.e. was that the OR with Aug, Sep, and Nov to follow)? Is there a future release planned?
wolfandwhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:59 AM   #25
Starz26
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (22)
Army (Served With Honor)
Starz26 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfandwhisky View Post
Alright guys - sorry to drop in as the un-informed straggler again... but can someone break down the releases for me? (Not to say I haven't searched but I may have just missed it.)

I'm seeing the term "OR" (I assume original release), "Aug & Sep", and the ones I have I understand to be "Nov 2009".

Was there more than just the 200 boxes in Hawaii (i.e. was that the OR with Aug, Sep, and Nov to follow)? Is there a future release planned?
Real quick like...

1st release, approx 200 boxes this is the OR

2nd release, box codes Oct 09 were rolled at the same time as the OR and were considered Marvin's "Private Stash". They were boxed in Oct 09 and consisted of approx 38 boxes

3rd Release, box date Nov 09, rolled Oct-Nov 09 and boxed using same tobacco from the OR. Approx 200 boxes

4th release, left over tobacco from the OR batch but no bands as they ran out. These were rolled, bundled, and wrapped in foil. box code Feb 10

There is no more tobacco left fromt he OR batch so no more planned releases of the T110.
Starz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:29 AM   #26
Mr.Erskine
Looking up

First Name: Benjamin
Trading: (1)
Mr.Erskine is on a distinguished road

I had T110 not long ago, and I honestly wasn't overly impressed. It wasn't a bad cigar, but it definitely didn't do anything to make me want to try another.

I DO appreciate your review, though. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #27
klipsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz26 View Post
Real quick like...

2nd release, box codes Oct 09 were rolled at the same time as the OR and were considered Marvin's "Private Stash". They were boxed in Oct 09 and consisted of approx 38 boxes

3rd Release, box date Nov 09, rolled Oct-Nov 09 and boxed using same tobacco from the OR. Approx 200 boxes

4th release, left over tobacco from the OR batch but no bands as they ran out. These were rolled, bundled, and wrapped in foil. box code Feb 10

There is no more tobacco left fromt he OR batch so no more planned releases of the T110.
1st release rolled I thought in April/May, but later conversations with Marvin leaned towards June(?) and released in July. 2nd release rolled in August and some were released in November, from Marvin's stash (these were all Aug roll). September roll produced the boxes that Marvin shipped after the holiday's. After those three rolls I wasn't following what what happening until I had some very enjoyable conversations with Marvin last month. As far as the final boxes that were released with the unbanded sticks...all I knew was that the wrappers were the same as the Aug & Sept production. Marvin says all the wrappers are the same...
Old 04-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #28
wolfandwhisky
Resident Whisky Addict

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
wolfandwhisky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz26 View Post
Real quick like...

Very helpful Eric, I appreciate it.
wolfandwhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #29
Starz26
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (22)
Army (Served With Honor)
Starz26 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfandwhisky View Post
Very helpful Eric, I appreciate it.
Seems my memory is off by a month on the 2nd roll. Will have to check my boxes when I get home.....
Starz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #30
klipsch

Must be two different Marvin's...
Old 04-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #31
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

RA

Here's the difference in wrapper I'm talking about..

OR on left (more oily and a bit lighter), Newer on right (more Padronish and darker)

aj

Old 04-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #32
klipsch

I'll take the one on the left off your hands AJ, since it's already out of the box and all...

I have read that some prefer the later releases over the the OR's...
Old 04-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #33
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipsch View Post
I'll take the one on the left off your hands AJ, since it's already out of the box and all...

I have read that some prefer the later releases over the the OR's...
I'd help ya out if I could, but its my last one

aj

PS I think I saw a 5er ORs for sale on OH if anyone is interested