Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Holt's has a new Tat exclusive...

Just a heads up guys, Holt's has an exclusive Tat blend called the HCS, free shipping entire order with box purchase.

Description

Created in collaboration with "Tattoo" Pete Johnson, Tatuaje HCS is a Holt's exclusive. The entire production of Tatuaje HCS is passionately overseen by the Garcia family in Nicaragua and is possibly the finest cigar Pete has ever made. Thick, silky Habano wrappers cover a fantastic blend of aged Nicaraguan fillers, making these cigars a delicious, absolute must-try. A rich, earthy-core of flavor gives way to sweet notes of cedar, creamy leather and spicy pepper as you revel in the full-bodied smoke. Pete may be kicking himself for making this masterpiece a Holt's exclusive, but we aren't complaining. Try a box of these incredible, limited-production beauties this week at incredible savings of up to 37% off the MSRP and we'll ship your entire order for FREE!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Holt's has a new Tat exclusive...

I don't think its a new blend Mike. I've seen these on the site for sometime now.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

But it is an exclusive to Holt's.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
BlindedByScience
Proud USMC Dad

First Name: Tom
Trading: (0)
BlindedByScience will become famous soon enough

....it's hardly new, been around for quite a while.

I got a 5-er some time ago, when they first came out. Got to admit they didn't do much for me....and I really like Pete / Pepin's smokes.

YMMV, etc....B.B.S.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
But it is an exclusive to Holt's.
Oh, thanks. Just now seeing them
Old 02-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindedByScience View Post
....it's hardly new, been around for quite a while.

I got a 5-er some time ago, when they first came out. Got to admit they didn't do much for me....and I really like Pete / Pepin's smokes.

YMMV, etc....B.B.S.
thanks for the info, I had yet to see them.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #7
BlindedByScience
Proud USMC Dad

First Name: Tom
Trading: (0)
BlindedByScience will become famous soon enough

...Google shows reviews as far back as August 2010. Not sure that's the definitive release date, but they were clearly available then.

Like I said, not my fave Tat, to be sure. Worth a 5-er to try....probably. I won't be buying any more...
Old 02-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #8
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindedByScience View Post
...Google shows reviews as far back as August 2010. Not sure that's the definitive release date, but they were clearly available then.

Like I said, not my fave Tat, to be sure. Worth a 5-er to try....probably. I won't be buying any more...
Wow, where the hell have I been?
Old 02-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas

Smacking around Zombies.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #10
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Smacking around Zombies.
I should quit drinking,,,,,but now that I think of it I had seen some HCS before
Old 02-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #11
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas

Damn Mike, quit acting like a noob.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #12
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Damn Mike, quit acting like a noob.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #13
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

I received that email today too Mike and I had to hit the delete button since I am broke, but didn't realize it was an exclusive, but I had never seen it before...may have to get a 5er to sample.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #14
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas

A Tat exclusive???? No way. Just kididng, I love my Tats!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #15
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

As stated above...bought a 5er early last year and was not impressed. Nothing to write home about.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
As stated above...bought a 5er early last year and was not impressed. Nothing to write home about.
They have been around some time now as mentioned above and this is one of the very few Tats that I haven't enjoyed. The feedback on these have been 50/50 with the guys I have spoken to who have smoked it.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #17
whodeeni

I think i got one in a pass a long time ago, but I never got around to smoking it.
No clue where it is now anyways...
Old 02-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #18
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
thanks for the info, I had yet to see them.
Freakin' n00bs! Jiminey, gotta tell them everything.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

They're not that good and I love Tats.

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote