Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #21
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Corona Vs. Robusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I've started to really dig coronas. Flavors really jump out at me in this size for some reason.

Bigger isn't always better.
Thats not what she said.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #22
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
If you read Cigar Aficianado, ignore the scores for the most part. They are a joke IMHO. Smoke what you like, like what you smoke!
I like the way they score tho, it's a pretty comprehensive process, better than most companies that have a single person make the decisions. That said, I agree that the scores mean nothing. I've had some solid 90+ cigars that lots of people enjoy but I personally don't care for at all. It's all about what you like yourself.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #23
LigaPrivadaT84

The smaller the better usually for me. More chances to light up and don't feel like I'm wasting as much if I don't finish. I've read tobacco wrappers are more expensive than fillers so you are getting a higher wrapper to filler ratio with smaller smokes; however, this does not always translate to a better cigar. There are a few blends that I prefer a larger ring guage; for example, I like the figurados better than the No.4s on the Oliva Serie V. My advice is to smoke everything you can and see what you prefer.

Additionally, reviews are pretty subjective and I don't like how most tally up their scores.
For me, FLAVOR should be worth much more than draw, consistency, and appearance; however these are all scored equally using Famous' setup. I'd pick a rustic looking cigar that tastes awesome over a perfectly constructed turd any day.

Last edited by LigaPrivadaT84; 02-03-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #24
TJtorpedo
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
TJtorpedo is on a distinguished road

When I am trying a new cigar, I usually buy a robusto first, and then kind of branch out into the other vitolas. For me, the robusto is an ideal base-line size.
TJtorpedo is offline   Reply With Quote