Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Key West B&Ms

I will be spending 3 days in Key West, FL. Can anyone suggest a B&M for some tasty cigars????
Old 11-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Key West B&Ms

Drop in at the Island Smoke Shop on Key Largo and say hi to Bill (madurofan) for me. Bill is a great guy and will take good care of you.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Drop in at the Island Smoke Shop on Key Largo and say hi to Bill (madurofan) for me. Bill is a great guy and will take good care of you.

We are having lunch with Frank (Drez) there on Wednesday. Figured it was a good stopping point during the drive down.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
I will be spending 3 days in Key West, FL. Can anyone suggest a B&M for some tasty cigars????
color me jealous
Old 11-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
I officially hate you (with a loving kind of hate of course )

Enjoy yourself my brother!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #6
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I officially hate you (with a loving kind of hate of course )

Enjoy yourself my brother!
You and the Mrs are welcome to come along!!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #7
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Except fo a little thing called work, man I would! One of these days I'll make it back down there though...

Old 11-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Steve would fall.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #9
ysr_racer

So Flo & Key Largo

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23934423

Old 11-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #10
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
One of the best guys you will ever meet in this community.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #11
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

If you are in Marathon around lunchtime, Herbies has great burgers and fish sandwiches. Just saying. Also, if 5 Brothers is still around they were trying to sell the last time I was down that way), great cuban sandwiches and coffee to be had.

There is (was at least) also a little B&M at Mallory Square in KW. When I was there they had a guy rolling house brands that were not bad.

Last edited by Steve; 11-22-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #12
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Larry, you should seriously consider taking Card Sound Road and have lunch with Frank at Alabama Jacks's. It's my favorite place in the world. The best Conch Fritters on the planet, as well.
Then you can stop by and see Bill for drinks and a smoke. Maybe you can carry him over some lunch, too?
Otherwise, The Fish House across the street from Bill's is excellent. Not the Fish House Encore, it's their sister restaurant right next door to the Fish House. It's newer. The old Fish House is cruddier and better.

Lastly, don't leave Bill's without a box of El Original Toro Maduros. He's gonna try to push the nat lanceros at you cause they're his favorite (and for damned good reason) but the toro maduros are out of this world awesome.

Make sure you stop at Bass Pro Shops/Islamorada Fish Company on your way down through. It's around mile marker 82, I think.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #13
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
We are having lunch with Frank (Drez) there on Wednesday. Figured it was a good stopping point during the drive down.
can I suggest Cuban Sandwiches at The Marlins restaurant, 5 minutes from the Island Smoke Shop?
Old 11-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #14
Swany
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Robert
Trading: (0)
Partagas Army (Active)
Swany is on a distinguished road

I'm suprised no one has mentioned this, but you must take an AF Hemmingway Sig and smoke it at Sloppy Joes. Pay homage to Hemmingway. The food isnt bad there either. I was in key West in July, had a blast. As far as B&M's. There everywhere. Lots of small companies that sell their own brand. I tried a few, wasnt to impressed with em.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #15
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

whatever you do have a great time
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #16
Conch Republican
10-78

HUpmann
Conch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Old 11-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #17
Conch Republican
10-78

HUpmann
Conch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to behold

El Sibbonay for great Cuban food
Old 05-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #18
CoffeeWaterBeer
Critiquing Perique

First Name: Seth
Trading: (13)
Partagas
CoffeeWaterBeer will become famous soon enough

Heading down that way in a week. Is Island still the "go to" B&M down there?
CoffeeWaterBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #19
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeWaterBeer View Post
Yes it is
Old 05-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #20
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeWaterBeer View Post
Tell Bill I said hello.