Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default I finally bought a handgun.

I've carried a protection permit for 20 years, but I've not owned a handgun in my adult life. I never felt good about a handgun in the house with kids. Always shot someone else's or the old man's or my brother's or girlfriend's.
I taught my daughter how to shoot when she was about 8, but we haven't gone shooting for about a year. She's a lethal weapon. She can group as well or better than her Dad.
It's Fall here in PA now, and that's shooting time, and I want to take the baby girl shooting. She's big enough to handle the 9mm now, she's learned how to shoot on a .22 Ruger.
Grice's (a great big gun shop right over the hill from here) had a big sale this month.
I landed this Smith & Wesson Sigma SW9VE, holster, and 500 rounds of 9mm frangible ammo for under 400 bucks.
So far I burned up 250 rounds.
At 30 feet I can put 14 out of 15 in a 6" group 100% of the time, rapid firing (about 15 seconds for 15 rounds). The gun is perfectly balanced for me, the recoil is perfect, and the sights settle in before I'm even ready to bark another round off. I have to slow myself down.
At 30 yards, I can only put about 6 or 7 out of 15 in a 6" group.
I'm gonna try to talk my little brother into running across the range with a paper plate on a stick and see how I do.
Anyways, here she is...

Old 09-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: I finally bought a handgun.

A good buy, congrats! The best firearm in the world is the one you shoot well.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

Beauty! I gotta get my CC license one of these days.
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #4
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Very nice!!!

I like those green bullets... are those for practice???

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Hey, I have the same one! Picked it up for $269.00 a few years back!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #6
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

Nice giong Scott. I've avoided having a handgun in the house too for the same reason, not comfortable having one with kids around. I do keep a 12ga pump shotgun in the bedroom closet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Very nice!!!

Hopefully they're the ones he's going to use when his brother carries the paper plate.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough

Very nice....I just picked up my first pistol not too long ago. Looking forward to getting out and shooting it. Just haven't had time yet.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #8
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I've carried a protection permit for 20 years, but I've not owned a handgun in my adult life. I never felt good about a handgun in the house with kids. Always shot someone else's or the old man's or my brother's or girlfriend's.
I taught my daughter how to shoot when she was about 8, but we haven't gone shooting for about a year. She's a lethal weapon. She can group as well or better than her Dad.
It's Fall here in PA now, and that's shooting time, and I want to take the baby girl shooting. She's big enough to handle the 9mm now, she's learned how to shoot on a .22 Ruger.
Grice's (a great big gun shop right over the hill from here) had a big sale this month.
I landed this Smith & Wesson Sigma SW9VE, holster, and 500 rounds of 9mm frangible ammo for under 400 bucks.
So far I burned up 250 rounds.
At 30 feet I can put 14 out of 15 in a 6" group 100% of the time, rapid firing (about 15 seconds for 15 rounds). The gun is perfectly balanced for me, the recoil is perfect, and the sights settle in before I'm even ready to bark another round off. I have to slow myself down.
At 30 yards, I can only put about 6 or 7 out of 15 in a 6" group.
I'm gonna try to talk my little brother into running across the range with a paper plate on a stick and see how I do.
Anyways, here she is...

Very nice Scott! Having a CCW permit is a great insurance policy. Nice choice of gun too. How are you going to carry it? In waist band (WB) or outside waste band (OWB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-man67 View Post
Beauty! I gotta get my CC license one of these days.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I will also let you know of a good instructor
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #9
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Sweet piece Scott
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
trader1974
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Austin
Trading: (4)
trader1974 is on a distinguished road

Very nice Scott. I've got a little Acutek .380 that was gifted to me years ago and I've wanted to get something more substantial but my money keeps finding it's way to more cigars first.

Aren't those green bullets made of kryptonite in case Superman turns evil again like in Part III?
trader1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #11
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Old 09-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #12
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post

Old 09-02-2009, 09:23 AM   #13
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Very nice Scott! Having a CCW permit is a great insurance policy. Nice choice of gun too. How are you going to carry it? In waist band (WB) or outside waste band (OWB)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I will also let you know of a good instructor
That holster in the first pic has a belt clip. It works well.
I won't be carrying it around.
If I need it in case any of the town junkies start crawling through the windows, I feel good knowing I can dump a pound of lead in their melon before they get all the way in.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #14
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Nice pick up at a great price. Now go get yourself more ammo and mags

Have fun and be safe.
bonjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #15
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
That holster in the first pic has a belt clip. It works well.
I won't be carrying it around.
If I need it in case any of the town junkies start crawling through the windows, I feel good knowing I can dump a pound of lead in their melon before they get all the way in.
Does PA have a Castle Doctrine (stand your ground) law?
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #16
Sailchaser
Black Ops-SOB

First Name: Chris
Trading: (7)
HUpmann CoastGuard
Sailchaser has disabled reputation

Scott,
Nice Gun have had one of these for years, has worked well for me wish you the same succeses with yours
Man, mine is hacked up compared to yours
Old 09-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #17
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

I bought my first firearm from Grices. And who doesn't love walking around Bobs Army Navy while in Clearfield? Good times when I was a kid.

Chris.....
Old 09-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #18
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Great looking gun Scott. Enjoy
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #19
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Nice pistol. My eyesight isn't what it used to be, so I don't shoot hardly at all anymore without a scope (at least a red dot). Sold all my weapons and use a friend's "armory" when I want to shoot anymore. Pics like this make me pine for a nice Kimber.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #20
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

I love it bro!! Absolutely love it!!

One of these days I will own a pistol as well.....
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote