Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #901
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Back on the winning track....

Team coming out of the "tunnel"....

Flexing for the crowd...

Second assist of the night....

Smiles everyone, smiles....

E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #902
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Who says the Little Man didn't find the back of the net..... Unfortunately(fortunately?), it was his body, after chasing down a break away and breaking it up.....

Kinda weak crowd for an early game, didn't even fill the arena....but the kids still gave them a show.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #903
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Nice pics.
Something about those pics just shows why hockey is such a team game.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #904
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Thanks, Mike.

Little One crushed today. The ref kept coming up to me, talking about her. Very complementary of her....which is always nice to hear as a parent. He didn't flip sides of the ice @ the half. The other ref was female, apparently has played some higher level hockey and he wanted her to have a look.

Sucks, being on the ice....no pics of the Little One....
Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #905
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Played this team twice in the past 3-4 weeks...losing both time by one goal. LM was a +3. Bunch of chippy phuckers that have just a touch less class than their coaches and fans.... I cannot remember having a more sour taste in my mouth related to kid/coach/fan behavior.

The Little Man said that during handshakes, one of the refs said to the coach that his team was the worst behaved team he'd ever ref'd and that he was a expletive expletive. Interesting night.

All that said, I really think they are showing marked improvement....so I guess that is positive.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #906
iaMkcK
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jarrett
Trading: (8)
HUpmann
iaMkcK will become famous soon enough

I miss playing hockey as a kid.. I went ice skating with my overly expensive jackson figure skates last night after watching Skyfall, and skated for 2 hours.. Forgot how beautifully calming the ice is. I need to lose some damn weight, lol.. This thread is awesome though. Kudos to you parents supporting your kids, even if at times it can be an extension of your gearwhoring. :-D :-D
iaMkcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #907
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

My kid has a friend on the Steel City Renegades team that he played against this past weekend. That boys Dad filmed the game, and since my kid got the game winner he gave us a DVD copy of it, and even captured this shot of the GWG. Super nice people, I love Pittsburgh

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #908
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Excellent!!! Pass from the rid on the left or rebound?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #909
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Excellent!!! Pass from the rid on the left or rebound?
Rebound off of a shot from the left point.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #910
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Rebound off of a shot from the left point.
As I always tell my kid. Good things happen when you go to the front and look for the change.

EJ that third pic the kid facing yours looks like hes about to lower the boom.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #911
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

^^^He just caught him...just looked through the sequence shot.... Must have been sliding back or.....soft.....

BIG win by the HS team tonight. Beat the goalie of the travel team I was talking about above. Closer game than I thought it would be, but a win is a win. No idea they had him between the pipes, which apparently is not the norm, talking to an old friend who has a kid on the other team....

We've been very fortunate the past 3 years in the net. Being sketchy there this year is disconcerting and gives me more anxiety in games than I should have....
Old 11-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #912
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Kid got his jerseys for inline jr sharks team.

Kind of weird seeing little kids on a sponsored team. The team has 3 sponsors Mission, Bauer, and RinkRat. The jerseys were professionally designed and we get deals on related gear. Yes I know Bauer owns Mission, but its treated like a separate sponsor.

Last edited by Ahbroody; 11-18-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #913
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Sweet!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #914
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

IceWarehouse is having their 20% off deal right now, code is GOBBLE20. The nice thing about IW, they don't pull the MAP items crap....it is everything, new release skates and sticks included. There are a few items like tape and possibly pucks that they don't discount, but in a nutshell, everything is on the table.... Also free shipping....

Anyway, thought some of you may want to know.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #915
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

May hit that. Checked TH facebook page and they said big sale this weekend. Got a few things to grab so will see what shakes out.

First roller tournament this weekend. Its supposed to be a slaughter but thats why they play.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #916
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Well, I just ordered a Bauer 9900 and I think it MAP'ed it? Guess we will see if I just get my standard 15% or if it will actually do the 20%.....but I'm thinking not..... No big deal, $7 difference....but.....

We went to put the white 580 cage on the Little Man's 9900 and the screws on the top were seized. Was able to finally get one, but the other broke off inside/snapped. Pulling it out, it tore some of the foam as well, coming out.... Not a huge deal, but whatever.... He had practice, so we put the 580 cage on my helmet and off he went.... He is 50/50 if he wants to just keep my 7K.... I ordered a new 9900 and he can take it or I'll throw my shield on it and we'll call it good....

He's playing in Wyoming, Idaho and Arizona in December......
Tis the season for travel hockey....

Happy Thanksgiving All!
Old 11-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #917
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Icewarehouse is now following MAP rules, iWin membership is worthless..... Though they ship fast, pricing is meh now..... Didn't make this clear, so my last order, I made with the impression that I would get a discount and didn't.....feel like I was misled.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #918
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Thats $hitty. Sorry to hear that. So now discount on new items?
Old 11-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #919
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

So they played there fist roller tournament today. Holy crap.
First game they won 17-0 second game 23-0. Not sure the third game score as they dont post goals at this age once it gets to 8-0. I had to leave before they posted the score on the bracket sheet. Likely 20-0. This was not done on breakaway goals either. The boys were only allowed to shoot if the puck was passed to them while they were set up in the attack zone. They were passing back to the point constantly and the coaches were making them skate back to their net and start a breakout from there. There was a discussion that they should play up a division as it was embarrassing. In the 4th game the gave up one goal. Micah was not out there when it happened. I heard it was a somebody trying to hotdog. Final goal differential somewhere around 70-1

With all that my kid almost got benched after the first 2 games. Basically a couple of times he would go in on a breakaway and score. Even after the coaches told him not to. The head coach advised me to have a talk with him and get him to play the system or he would sit. As the coach put it everyone on the team can score almost at will thats not what they are trying to teach. Thankfully game 3 and 4 he totally bought in and played amazing both ways. The coaches were very happy with him and let him know. He has been a little defiant lately and its driving me crazy.

Far left

Him and a buddy
Old 11-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #920
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Great pics, Mike... Awesome!!!