Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Project of the Day : Cigar Box Turned Little Humi

This was a quickie I did today when I was working on some other stuff.
It only took a half hour or so. I did it because it's a super-cool box and it'll make a nice little gift.
All I did was remove the original hinges, add new hinges, cleaned off old price stickers that were all over it, added a catch, and laid in a gasket. Then I made a robusto sized beadstick, stuffed a few cigars in there, picked out a good bombee, and stuck it in the mail.
It'll make a neat little rough desktop humi. It's cute.

The fit on the box was atrocious. The lid had big gaps on each side.
The closed cell gasket material I use is perfect for taking up gaps and it worked very well. The box ended up perfectly airtight.

That's enough blah. Take a look and see what you think.
I think it's a pretty cool little humi for the money, even if it is a bit crooked and gappy.