Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2014, 12:00 PM   #1581
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
I have had my two invictas now and had a chance to wear both. I am sure most everyone saw the pics of the one I bought which is a two tone gold and silver 47 mm Pro Diver, and the one I was bombed by Mark (Conch Republican) which is a silver Pro Diver at 39 or 40 mms. I love them both so far. I would also say that the one Mark sent me seems to glow better at night than the one I bought. The magnification window is a plus for me on the invictas as I couldn't see the date on the old watch I was wearing that doesn't have this feature.
So Do You Switch Watches Every Day, Greg?
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #1582
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Before my cigar addiction I had a watch problem!! Had a watch for everyday of the week and then some now down to one
Old 01-13-2014, 12:22 PM   #1583
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Before my cigar addiction I had a watch problem!! Had a watch for everyday of the week and then some now down to one
Well, We Are Addicted To More Than Cigars, Right, Mike?
Old 01-13-2014, 12:31 PM   #1584
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  100.2 KB

Here is the go to work look
Old 01-13-2014, 12:32 PM   #1585
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Well, We Are Addicted To More Than Cigars, Right, Mike?
I hear you like golf a bit
Old 01-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #1586
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
I hear you like golf a bit
Cigars, Watches, Guns, Knives, Pens, Golf. That's About It.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:37 PM   #1587
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Cigars, Watches, Guns, Knives, Pens, Golf. That's About It.
Start on flashlights now
Old 01-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #1588
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Start on flashlights now
Oh, I Forgot That! I Have 5-6 Of Those.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #1589
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Oh, I Forgot That! I Have 5-6 Of Those.
Figured
Old 01-13-2014, 04:04 PM   #1590
G G
BR549

Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
nah, they both came in on the 9th. I wore the bigger one for a couple days and switched to the smaller one. I figured the bigger one would be more of a dress watch cause it's silver and gold plus big, and the smaller one would be better to wear at work since it is smaller and will probably tend to not get hung up on stuff while I am crawling around inside wrecked cars and whatnot. But maybe I am over analytical.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #1591
Conch Republican
10-78

Trading: (60)
HUpmann
Conch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to behold

That's what I do.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #1592
G G
BR549

Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conch Republican View Post
That's what I do.
you too.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #1593
billybarue
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (5)
billybarue has disabled reputation

Luminox field chronograph in a jewelry store today. Lightly used and was a trade-in. A little bigger style than I like, but the price seems right - they're asking $400? Oiled,up,and shined up by the watch guys at their main store. Has original box and paperwork. Any inputs on this watch would be appreciated. I'm not a big collector.

Last edited by billybarue; 11-18-2015 at 10:04 PM.
billybarue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:17 PM   #1594
Veatorious
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
Veatorious will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Attachment 14281

Here is the go to work look
Got any ZULU straps? Another sweet combo would be a ISOfrane....
Old 01-14-2014, 05:58 AM   #1595
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybarue View Post
Luminox field chronograph in a jewelry store today. Lightly used and was a trade-in. A little bigger style than I like, but the price seems right - they're asking $400? Oiled,up,and shined up by the watch guys at their main store. Has original box and paperwork. Any inputs on this watch would be appreciated. I'm not a big collector.
$400 sounds on the high side for that watch, but I could be totally off. Just shooting from the hip.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:22 AM   #1596
billybarue
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (5)
billybarue has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
$400 sounds on the high side for that watch, but I could be totally off. Just shooting from the hip.

Retail new is in the range of $650. What is the range to expect for a "gently" used watch (ie 50%, 25%, ???)? Bonus is it was checked out by the jewelry store.

Any comments on Luminox in general would be appreciated.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #1597
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veatorious View Post
Got any ZULU straps? Another sweet combo would be a ISOfrane....
Used to be the Zulu freak, not a one anymore, may need to grab one
Old 01-14-2014, 08:53 AM   #1598
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Retail new is in the range of $650. What is the range to expect for a "gently" used watch (ie 50%, 25%, ???)? Bonus is it was checked out by the jewelry store.

I've had a luminox for years, it's one with the black pvd coated steel bracelet (USAF Stealth something or other). It's sitting in my display case needing a new battery. I like it a lot, just keep in mind that there is a limited life span on the tritium inserts, they will dull and eventually stop glowing.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #1599
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Figure if the retail is $650, you should be able to buy new at 20% off = $520 and used should be 50% value at $325. Does the jewelry shop warranty the watch? If not, who cares if was "checked out"?
Old 01-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #1600
macsauce13
Have My Own Room

First Name: McKenzie
Trading: (38)
macsauce13 has a spectacular aura aboutmacsauce13 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Figure if the retail is $650, you should be able to buy new at 20% off = $520 and used should be 50% value at $325. Does the jewelry shop warranty the watch? If not, who cares if was "checked out"?
50% off for used sounds a little high for me. Not unrealistic, but probably not for very good-excellent condition watches. I'm with you on the "checked out" noise.
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote