Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #21
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Jay Cutler

Personally, I don't think anybody has a clue.

We don't know who pulled who - Cutler pulled himself? Dr. pulled Cutler? Coach pulled Cutler, with knee and his play a factor?

Till we know this for sure (and maybe I missed that announcement), there really isn't much to talk about. Everything else is pure speculation.

Why is it that everybody is focusing on Cutler's coming out of the game and not on some other things (especially on ESPN and the NFL Network) ? Like what, you ask?

How about learning some of the history of the players that will be playing on Feb. 6. I don't know much about many of the Steelers, except some of their marquee players.

You know, we were talking in some other threads about the negative things going on in the world - the rash of cop shootings in particular. Maybe if there were more stories about some of the positive things going on, instead of always the negative and dragging people through the mud, there'd be fewer negatives going on.

Or, maybe not.

Just a thought.

Maybe we can rise above the fray.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #22
fhrblig
Real cars have 3 pedals

First Name: Bob
Trading: (0)
fhrblig is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitzy View Post
Rivers played in 7 playoff games and one of them when he had a complete tear not a sprain, Cutler has played in one, well almost one he quit early on. The injury he has is minor and players play with that all the time. I understand your a fan and they did great getting to the playoffs but as far as what he did he should be embarrased to have been walking along the sidelines after he said his knee hurt.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, NOT a fan of Cutler (or the Bears, who I'm largely indifferent to). I'm a Broncos fan, and I didn't like him fromm the start. I was willing to give him a chance, but once the blow up happened I was not at all sorry to see him go. I think pulling Jake Plummer when they were 7-4 and still had a shot at the playoffs in order to play a rookie was a huge mistake and it led to Shanahan being fired. And oh by the way, the Plummer scenario just played out again with Shanahan in Washington this year with McNabb, pulling him for Grossman.

I think the whole issue stems from the fact that Jay Cutler only has one facial expression and it's 'bored/disinterested'.
Posted via Mobile Device
fhrblig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #23
gvarsity
still crazy

Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough

I don't have a horse in this race one way or the other. The criticism of Cutler not being engaged a not helping the backup is merited. He should still be part of the team and adding his insight and experience not just sitting on the sideline looking bored. Even if he was frustrated and devastated he needs to suck it up and be there for his team.

On the other hand to presume that we can diagnose from the sideline and assume he made the decision to not play when he could go and chose not to because of some moral failure is ridiculous. That is just one of many reasonable possibilities of what happened. Unfortunately his previous behavior that made him look like a prima donna is coming back to haunt him and influence how people perceive this situation.
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:07 PM   #24
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

Old 01-26-2011, 01:32 AM   #25
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Jay is very secure with his masculinity.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #26
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhrblig View Post
Just saw where Philip Rivers said "I'd have to be taken off on a cart'. What, from your couch? 'Cause during the playoffs, that's where you are.
Posted via Mobile Device
Uhh, you realize he played two playoff games with a torn ACL, right?
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #27
fhrblig
Real cars have 3 pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Uhh, you realize he played two playoff games with a torn ACL, right?
I'm not questioning Philip Rivers' toughness, I question his ability to win in the playoffs. Actually, I don't question it, I can see with my own eyes that he can't. AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #28
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volusianator View Post
This is just wrong.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #29
jitzy
Illusione Whore

Bolivar
jitzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm not questioning Philip Rivers' toughness, I question his ability to win in the playoffs. Actually, I don't question it, I can see with my own eyes that he can't. AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Posted via Mobile Device
Didn't you say he always watches the playoffs from his couch? He did win 3 playoff games you know.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #30
Lear31MX
Herf Crew of 2

First Name: Anthony
Trading: (8)
QdO
Lear31MX will become famous soon enoughLear31MX will become famous soon enough

I'm with the O.P. not a fan of Cutler since his time in Denver. But I did here he has type 1 diabetes. Agian not definding him, just saying.
I fell it was more the Bears P.R. people to blame, if he was hurt and the docs said no more playing he should have been off the field and in the locker room or at lest taken his helmet off. My 2 cents.
GO Steelers!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #31
fhrblig
Real cars have 3 pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitzy View Post
Didn't you say he always watches the playoffs from his couch? He did win 3 playoff games you know.
How many rings does he have? Besides the ring in his bathtub?

I do credit Rivers for one thing. Out of the Broncos' division rivalries, the Chargers one always seemed to me to be the weakest. I mean, we hate the Raiders (HATE them), and hate the Chiefs, but with the Chargers it was kind of like 'who cares'? Maybe it's just because for a long time they were kinda up and down as far as success on the field. As soon as Rivers came, and he and Jay Cutler had their little spat, it was a heckuva lot more fun and made the games must-watch, that's for sure. And even with Jay gone, the rivalry seems much stronger.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #32
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing that's been missed is "it takes a lot more balls to sit your ass down than Farve it out and assure your team a loss".
When you've played ball as long as Cutler has, or even made it so far as to play at an NFL level, pain is not an issue. He's learned to play with pain, as have they all. I'm sure Jay would win a "take the pain contest" against a large percentage, I'd not all, of those questioning his constitution.
He was hurt. He wasn't getting it done. That's the perfect time for a qb to sit down. If only a few more would balance their egos, we'd likely see a higher level of play across the board.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #33
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
11 guys on the team, it's not all the QB, win or lose.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #34
fhrblig
Real cars have 3 pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volusianator View Post
11 guys on the team, it's not all the QB, win or lose.
Fair enough. I still think he's a colossal douchebag, though. I won't lie, every time I see them lose in the playoffs, and I see that pouty scowl on his face it makes me giggle.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #35
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Fair enough. I still think he's a colossal douchebag, though. I won't lie, every time I see them lose in the playoffs, and I see that pouty scowl on his face it makes me giggle.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's funny you should mention that, because I've often said that Rivers, Cutler and Brady are by far the most polarizing quarterbacks in the league. People either love them or hate them. I wonder why that is?
Old 01-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #36
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I think the whole issue stems from the fact that Jay Cutler only has one facial expression and it's 'bored/disinterested'.
Posted via Mobile Device
Get used to that face. Your new coach has a similar one. Always speaks ambiguously and likes to say, "it is what it is". Fox has potential, but if you don't like boring and disinterested, Fox is gonna be a pain for you next year.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #37
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It's funny you should mention that, because I've often said that Rivers, Cutler and Brady are by far the most polarizing quarterbacks in the league. People either love them or hate them. I wonder why that is?
I'd figure Vince Young would be much more polarizing than Cutler.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #38
fhrblig
Real cars have 3 pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Get used to that face. Your new coach has a similar one. Always speaks ambiguously and likes to say, "it is what it is". Fox has potential, but if you don't like boring and disinterested, Fox is gonna be a pain for you next year.
After this past season, it's hard to imagine it being much worse. Good luck with Rivera!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #39
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I'd figure Vince Young would be much more polarizing than Cutler.
Young has supporters?
Old 01-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #40
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Young has supporters?
Longhorn fans.....other than that, not so sure....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote