Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-21-2014, 11:16 PM   #41
RWhisenand
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rob
Trading: (7)
Punch AirForce (Served With Honor)
RWhisenand will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dating a co-worker

You know, maybe I'm just being contradictory but I say go for it. If it dosent work out, move on with a different job, or have her move to a different job.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:43 AM   #42
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

If it goes south, what are you options with work? Could you find another job? I would look at my financial security first. Also, at this stage in your life, how sure are you about your emotional state? It takes a while before you are in the right state of mind to find a lasting relationship (if that is what you want).

Some need companionship, others are just looking for a physical pleasure. Not saying one is better than the other; but don't mix which is appropriate right now.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #43
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
If it goes south, what are you options with work? Could you find another job? I would look at my financial security first. Also, at this stage in your life, how sure are you about your emotional state? It takes a while before you are in the right state of mind to find a lasting relationship (if that is what you want).

Some need companionship, others are just looking for a physical pleasure. Not saying one is better than the other; but don't mix which is appropriate right now.
Well said.
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #44
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I rethought this and I say go ahead and hit it.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #45
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Oh Scott...
Old 12-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #46
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I would also like to chime in on the "relax and enjoy it" theme......being free again is one of the best feelings that
a grown man can experience....savor it.....suck, don't crunch. I know its EASIER to date from work, it means you
don't have to go out and spend money on the hunt. But ENJOY the freedom, play the field, don't get serious too quick.

And then, when you remember you're only going to have hair and a young man's body for so long, then get down
to business and get serious.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #47
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough

Lots of people at the bank seem to date each other and I've seen many marriages, but not so much with people who work in such close proximity. We're so big it's not uncommon to learn about husbands and wives who both work here, but usually they are in different areas. Although there's been several instances of relationships in my building that I know about.

That said, I'm aware of my own divorce situation and I'm trying to be mindful of that. I am feeling like I'm recovering fairly quickly from my divorce, but I also do not want to risk rebounding with someone at work.

Right now it's just friendly and I have indicated to her in indirect ways that I'm not yet at a point where I'm ready to date anyone. This alone may have doomed me to perpetual friend zone status, who knows? Either way I'm proceeding with caution and if it blossoms into something more, great! If not, then no harm done. I do worry about work and sexual harassment and all that though.
ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote