Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
ysr_racer

Default Quail Hunting Pictures (So Cal)

I just got back into town on Friday at 3:00pm from a great fishing trip on the Middle Provo River, just outside of Park City Utah http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24457701

Knowing I'd be getting up in twelve hours (3:00am) to go quail hunting I ran around like a madman, running errands, doing laundry, and packing my gear. I somehow managed to get four hours sleep before my alarm went off. Damn it's early.

I got to my buddy's house around 4:30am and we started loading gear and his dog. A short two and a half hour drive later we were down by the Sultan Sea, just north of Niland CA (in the middle of frigging nowhere).

Five of us headed out, and we saw a few birds, and I took a few shots, but by noon we had ONE bird between the five of us (and it wasn't mine). It was a long, hot, walk in the desert (with guns).

We were going to Salvation Mountain and Slab City (because I had never seen them), then over to Niland to get some lunch at the ONE cafe in town. While driving down a dirt road (still in the middle of frigging nowhere) we saw a car coming toward us. They stopped, and it was two young French (hippy) chicks looking for, you guessed it, Salvation Mountain. The fact that they were in the middle of the desert gave me concern, they fact that they were headed the wrong way, made my head spin.

Salvation Mountain is a painted mountain covered with bible verses that will save your soul.

Slab City is a former Marine barracks that was decommissioned in 1956. The camp has no electricity, no running water, no sewers, no toilets, no trash service, and no cops. It's a cross between a hobo camp, a hippy commune, a perpetually running Burning Man Festival, and an RV park.

We spent the night at my other friend's duck hunting club. It's really nothing more than a few nice trailers near a few flooded ponds, but it has far fewer hobos than Slab City

As we were feasting on an incredible dinner of yellow tail, red wine, and Italian sausage someone asked, "I wonder what the poor people are eating for dinner tonight" someone replied, "who gives a ****". G-d Bless America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salton_Sea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slab_City

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvation_Mountain

Last edited by ysr_racer; 10-20-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
ysr_racer

Default Re: Quail Hunting Pictures (So Cal)

Old 10-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

It's a damn good thing your not down on your luck, Brother. I'd hate to see how people talked about and treated you.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Wow. That last part could have been left out. Show some empathy for crying out loud. Lots of people in this country are having a hard time because of this economy. But screw em, right?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #5
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
As we were feasting on an incredible dinner of yellow tail, red wine, and Italian sausage someone asked, "I wonder what the poor people are eating for dinner tonight" someone replied, "who gives a ****". G-d Bless America.
Brings douchebaggery and asshattery to a new low, dontcha think?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Lot's of poor people in America, so I don't know about the "God Bless America" bit either. That being said you weren't exactly eating Chateaubriand with a jeroboam of Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1945.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Where are the cigars?

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #8
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I wonder if the poor people are saying," I wonder what the classless middle class trap shooters are shoving in their pie holes tonight? Probably sausage." (I guess they were right).

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #9
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I wonder if the poor people are saying," I wonder what the classless middle class trap shooters are shoving in their pie holes tonight? Probably sausage." (I guess they were right).
Hey...don't lump that guy in with us trap shooters..he a sporting clays guy...it's like golf with guns
Old 10-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #10
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

I know I don't want to hang out with either of the two "someones." I also noticed a distinct lack of quail.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #11
drjammer
I love Hockey!!!

First Name: Don
Trading: (0)
Guantanamera
drjammer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Brings douchebaggery and asshattery to a new low, dontcha think?
+1, the last part could have been omitted especially when it hits close to home for a lot of us.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #12
bvilchez
En búsqueda.....

First Name: Bolivar aka Jay
Trading: (76)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
bvilchez has disabled reputation

We see you looking in the thread Brad but no apology or standing your ground to defend what you stated.
bvilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #13
ysr_racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
Hey...don't lump that guy in with us trap shooters..he a sporting clays guy...it's like golf with guns
Someone asked me what the difference was between trap, skeet, and sporting clays. One's for old men, one's for old women, one's called sporting clays.

Come on guys, it's just a hunting (and in this case, fishing) story. Lighten up.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #14
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Someone asked me what the difference was between trap, skeet, and sporting clays. One's for old men, one's for old women, one's called sporting clays.

Come on guys, it's just a hunting (and in this case, fishing) story. Lighten up.
I guess you have missed the point. But I have to say, I am not surprised.

Cut the crap with the trolling. Given your "history" here, you should be more mindful of what you post and what you have to say about the members here.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Only a colossal horses ass would write the **** you do Brad........very telling.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #16
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
and some sausages went spelunking.
Genetic Defect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #17
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote