Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #21
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lesson learned and requesting advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHMatt View Post
Dan - I'm hoping to make a tasting again soon. Which of the 3 is everyone going to now? I don't have some sort of pansy 'lifestyle coach' but have still dropped 25 since you last saw me. After losing all that weight you still look like a dork.. Seriously though, congrats on your hard work...
It really depends. Usually the Thursday tasting but everyone bails after about an hour. House of Cigar is awesome and I can meet you pretty much any day after work since it is on my way home. Congratulations on the weight loss!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #22
OHMatt
Klugs gave me Gurkas

First Name: Matt
Trading: (2)
HdM
OHMatt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
It really depends. Usually the Thursday tasting but everyone bails after about an hour. House of Cigar is awesome and I can meet you pretty much any day after work since it is on my way home. Congratulations on the weight loss!
I might be able to swing House Of Cigar after work some night. So many activities with the kids and once the wife went back to work I picked up a lot of them; thus my lack of tasting attendance..

How close is House of Cigar to your work / can you meet for lunch some day? I stopped in there once and overall wasn't so amazed. It was nice to see some Davidoff Entreactos in a humidor again. Bought and smoked one of those cardboard 4 packs of the pricey little SOBs.
OHMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #23
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I might be able to swing House Of Cigar after work some night. So many activities with the kids and once the wife went back to work I picked up a lot of them; thus my lack of tasting attendance..

How close is House of Cigar to your work / can you meet for lunch some day? I stopped in there once and overall wasn't so amazed. It was nice to see some Davidoff Entreactos in a humidor again. Bought and smoked one of those cardboard 4 packs of the pricey little SOBs.
I couldn't meet for lunch. They have really improved lately...
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #24
badbriar

Wink Re: Lesson learned and requesting advice

Clean The offending cherry scented items with 151 rum. Don't laugh...that's what I clean my pipes with. Should do the trick. Hint... RonDiaz is cheap - only about $15 per 750 bottle.
RR
Old 07-17-2013, 06:01 AM   #25
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation

Quote:
Sean - I'll take the advice from the chemistry professor. I left it open in the office facing the window with the blinds open all weekend. The sunlight is working wonders. I was thinking of getting the activated carbon from a pet store, figuring it would be cheaper than from a water purifier, thoughts? Are you smoking cigars again or still that other thing? Been to Taiwan lately? I've been buying tea off of eBay.
- Matt -
The UV light might be blocked somewhat by the window ... when cleaning things with light, I just stick them on the back porch.

Activated carbon from a pet store is probably better than the Pur filters ... you can buy enough so next time when he borrows and uses watermelonn cigars, you're covered. Bleah.

I've not been to Taiwan in several years although I still teach 1-2 classes per semester.

I am friends with Wangtea on facebook and have Chinese students that help me order, although they do sorta speak English there. The daughter is quite good actually. This way I am ordering from a shop I visited last couple of times I was in TaiPei. They still use charcoal for panning tea there. I'd rather not buy Taiwanese Baozhong from HK or China. I have ordered from a number of places - most have lower grade teas. Still drink it though!

Old 07-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #26
Goldie
Bring the pain!

First Name: Drew
Trading: (13)
Bolivar
Goldie has a spectacular aura aboutGoldie has a spectacular aura about

Had a similar experience myself. Loaned my 10 count travel humi to a friend while she went camping for a week. She brought it back 4.25 cigars lighter. She had lit up two different sticks, didn't finish either, and threw em back in the case to, "save them for later". Now the foam trays smell like ****, and when I remove them the cedar lining still smells like ****. Lesson learned here: No good deed goes unpunished.