Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2016, 01:10 PM   #121
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Second Firearm Thread...

I am with Neil, shotguns for most applications A good .223 is always a nice option also. I carry 9mm and .45 for handguns and a pocket .380, I figure any gun in hand is better than one in your car.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:18 PM   #122
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

I'm seriously considering a pistol permit. I'm pretty sure an intruder isn't going to wait around for me to get and load my shotgun.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:55 PM   #123
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
I'm seriously considering a pistol permit. I'm pretty sure an intruder isn't going to wait around for me to get and load my shotgun.
Dave,

You could move to America and the you wouldn't need a permit to have a handgun.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:17 PM   #124
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Dave,

You could move to America and the you wouldn't need a permit to have a handgun.
I'm sure you're reply is in jest, but I'm still not sure I follow the intended joke?
Old 02-24-2016, 02:25 PM   #125
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

I think he was referring to New York's strict gun laws.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:30 PM   #126
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
Old 02-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #127
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Quote:
Gotcha!
Old 02-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #128
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
I'm sure you're reply is in jest, but I'm still not sure I follow the intended joke?
NY gun laws Dave.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #129
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Quote:
NY gun laws Dave.
NY gun laws suck.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:09 PM   #130
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
Quote:
NY gun laws suck.
Said the guy in California
Old 02-27-2016, 01:05 PM   #131
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I am about to purchase a M&P Shield in .40. My everyday carry is a S&W E series 1911 which i love. I have had a Beretta Tomcat .32 for about 10 years that I carry in my pocket once in a while. I recently got my PI license and in Florida even if you have a Concealed License (which I do) you can't carry with that license when you are working on a case. You have to get a Florida G Statewide firearms license. And you have to qualify with whatever caliber you are going to carry. Did that with the 1911, and will now have to do it with the .40. The .32 isn't an allowed caliber to carry so I figured I would get something that was on the list that is smaller (than my 1911) and I could fit in a pocket in a pinch.

Anyone have any experience with the 9 and the 40 shield? I was a little concerned that the recoil in such a small framed pistol in .40 would be snappy. Talked to a guy that has one and he said it wasn't a big deal.

I was able to get an awesome deal on one with my first responder discount. Looks like the pistol, and extra extended mag (for a total of three, it comes with two) shipped to my FFL and background check will be just a few dollars less than 400 bucks.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 01:30 PM   #132
dijit
Have My Own Room

Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

I dont think the recoil in that frame will be a big deal to you since yu are used to the 1911. Should be pretty similar in my opinion.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:45 PM   #133
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

I have the Shield 9mm, and have yet to shoot the .40, I have heard that they are not friendly, but who knows, can you shoot one before you buy?
Old 02-27-2016, 02:34 PM   #134
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
I have the Shield 9mm, and have yet to shoot the .40, I have heard that they are not friendly, but who knows, can you shoot one before you buy?
Maybe, but I probably won't. If you gonna be stupid you gotta be tough I always say.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:09 PM   #135
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
Maybe, but I probably won't. If you gonna be stupid you gotta be tough I always say.
You must be a tough SOB G. G
Old 02-27-2016, 03:21 PM   #136
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
You must be a tough SOB G. G
Yep.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:00 PM   #137
BigBruce
Independent

Bolivar Army (Active)
BigBruce will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
I am about to purchase a M&P Shield in .40. My everyday carry is a S&W E series 1911 which i love. I have had a Beretta Tomcat .32 for about 10 years that I carry in my pocket once in a while. I recently got my PI license and in Florida even if you have a Concealed License (which I do) you can't carry with that license when you are working on a case. You have to get a Florida G Statewide firearms license. And you have to qualify with whatever caliber you are going to carry. Did that with the 1911, and will now have to do it with the .40. The .32 isn't an allowed caliber to carry so I figured I would get something that was on the list that is smaller (than my 1911) and I could fit in a pocket in a pinch.

Anyone have any experience with the 9 and the 40 shield? I was a little concerned that the recoil in such a small framed pistol in .40 would be snappy. Talked to a guy that has one and he said it wasn't a big deal.

I was able to get an awesome deal on one with my first responder discount. Looks like the pistol, and extra extended mag (for a total of three, it comes with two) shipped to my FFL and background check will be just a few dollars less than 400 bucks.

I got my shield and my ccw about the same time. I picked the shield 9mm due to cheaper rounds and more carry capacity. It is a great gun and shoots like a laser. I chose it over the xps 45.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:54 PM   #138
Chewbacca

Big 2A supporter here! Proud CPL holder.

My EDC pistol is a Glock 23. I carry it at 4:00 in a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe.

I typically have it loaded with either Federal Guard Dogs or Winchester PDX1.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:29 PM   #139
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post

My EDC pistol is a Glock 23. I carry it at 4:00 in a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe.
What do you do for the other 23 hours!

Old 02-28-2016, 05:27 AM   #140
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
What do you do for the other 23 hours!

Bob that about made me spit coffee on the monitor.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote