Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-08-2010, 08:26 AM   #101
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Welp, I went and bought a ring.

Mazel Tov Scott!!

Just make sure we're invited to the bris!
Old 11-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #102
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Scott!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #103
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I finally got a chance to ask Lisa's Dad for her hand. He was very happy I did. He has four girls and they've all been married more than once, except one. He said that Frank was the only other guy that asked. He's married to the only sister that's only been married once. I figure that's a real good sign that we have a good start.
I asked Lisa to marry me, she said yes, and she loved the ring.
I'm still overwhelmed. I'm ecstatic, but my little brain hasn't even had time to ring this stuff up yet.
Congrats and best wishes Scott!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #104
stewshi
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (23)
stewshi will become famous soon enough

Congrats Scott couldnt be happier for a fellow BOTL
stewshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #105
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I finally got a chance to ask Lisa's Dad for her hand. He was very happy I did. He has four girls and they've all been married more than once, except one. He said that Frank was the only other guy that asked. He's married to the only sister that's only been married once. I figure that's a real good sign that we have a good start.
I'm still overwhelmed. I'm ecstatic, but my little brain hasn't even had time to ring this stuff up yet.
You did it right Scott....Congrats!!
Old 11-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #106
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I think we're getting married real soon. I hadn't given much thought to that, but it isn't going to be long. I'm perfectly okay with that, too, not that it matters. I've already relinquished any say I may have had in anything for the rest of my life. As a matter of fact, my balls are in her purse as we speak.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #107
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Congrats Scott!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #108
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

Scott, I'm glad you decided to ask Lisa's Dad for his daughters hand B4 asking her....that one little show of respect towards your future FIL got you the respect from all/most of your future family.......congratz again to Lisa & you
Old 11-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #109
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
sofaman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think we're getting married real soon. I hadn't given much thought to that, but it isn't going to be long. I'm perfectly okay with that, too, not that it matters. I've already relinquished any say I may have had in anything for the rest of my life. As a matter of fact, my balls are in her purse as we speak.
I couldent think of a better purse for your balls to be in congrats brother
sofaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #110
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations Brother!!!!!
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #111
Secret Santa
Ho Ho Ho

Trading: (0)
Secret Santa will become famous soon enoughSecret Santa will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Time to bust out the party pants!

Old 11-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #112
CBI_2
Have My Own Room

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
CBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the rough

Congrats brother. Prayers for much happiness and success in your lives together.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #113
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Scott!! May you have many happy years together!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:43 AM   #114
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

We talked a out the wedding yesterday. It will either be this year or very early next year.
It appears it has to go to committee. Lisa's Mom, Aunt Beverly, and her sisters are in charge of blowing it up.
I get the sense we'll be having a large scale full blown affair. That makes me happy. I didn't do that the first time around and neither has Lisa.
I thought it was cute that it's already taken on a life of it's own. Thank God we have lots of girls to help make this happen, I'd probably get married at Applebee's.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:33 AM   #115
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We talked a out the wedding yesterday. It will either be this year or very early next year.
It appears it has to go to committee. Lisa's Mom, Aunt Beverly, and her sisters are in charge of blowing it up.
I get the sense we'll be having a large scale full blown affair. That makes me happy. I didn't do that the first time around and neither has Lisa.
I thought it was cute that it's already taken on a life of it's own. Thank God we have lots of girls to help make this happen, I'd probably get married at Applebee's.
Another vote for Applebees!! With Won Ton Tacos as h'orderves!!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #116
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Good Luck, Brother; Just Let The Women Handle It!
longknocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #117
BroncoHorvath
Life is Great !

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
Punch
BroncoHorvath is on a distinguished road

Congrats to both of you
Old 11-09-2010, 07:38 AM   #118
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Good Luck, Brother; Just Let The Women Handle It!
Wise words from the Sage, Dwayne Johnson: Know your role and shut your mouth.

Congrats!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #119
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

WTG Bro
Congrats to the both of you
Old 11-11-2010, 06:50 AM   #120
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Update:
I asked Peter to pick out some good wedding cigars for me, and he came up with some really good ideas. It looks like H Upmann tubos. That'll make it easy to make special stick-on wedding bands for them.
I also thought if folks carry them away, they'll last a good while without getting ruined or going to crap, that way they can enjoy them later.
I was thinking that RyJ tubos would look pretty, too. I just don't know how the prices run.
I guess I'll have to get to shopping.