Pepin Ho of the NorthWest

First Name: Tripp
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Tripp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The new Dominos Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I wish I could get a hold of real Chicago Deep Dish or NY Style Pizza down here. But Domino's Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Pizza Inn, and the local cardboard mom n pops are the best we can get down here. There's an Uno's in Myrtle Beach but I hear it's not the same as the real ones in Chicago.

There is a Greek restaurant that serves decent pizza, but I want to try real Deep Dish that will give you a heart attack from one slice.
Surprisingly, DiGiorno(sp?) used to have a decent heart-attack style deep dish, but I think its been discontinued, because I haven't seen it in at least 3-4 years.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #22
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I am not sure the commercial qualifies as bad marketing. Pizza is a tough racket. If your pizza sucks, it takes balls to go on national TV and tell it like it is. They are not saying they thought their pizza sucked, they are saying the PUBLIC thought their pizza sucked. And it did. If they turn their situation around, no one will remember the spots in 5 years. "Where's the BEEF!" it ain't. You would be surprised what passes for "rules" in advertising. Bottom line, there are no rules. Just success and failure. I think this will be a success. But it will not be worth the time if the peole on the phone do not continue to recognize what a huge part they play. In Memphis, I gave up calling for Pizza, cause all you get is slack jawed idiots who can barely speak english and think they are doing somebody a favor by coming in and doing nothing for 8 hours in exchange for their low pay they agreed to work for.
I order online. Dominos is by far the easiest place to order from online that I've experienced.

Hell it even tracks the progress of your pizza down to the name of the person who put the toppings on it.

And this thread just goes to show how subjective pizza is. Personally I can't stand Papa Murphey's, but liked the new Dominos and some are completely the opposite, which is entirely alright.

My favorite pizza place in town is still a place called American Dream Pizza, which is so popular here that even Obama stopped by for a pizza while coming through Oregon on campaign .
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #23
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post

My favorite pizza place in town is still a place called American Dream Pizza, which is so popular here that even Obama stopped by for a pizza while coming through Oregon on campaign .
Despite my differences with Obama's policies, I'd gladly stop at any place that a president stopped to eat at. If it's good enough for American royalty, then it's good enough for me. (Exception is McDonalds and Bill Clinton).

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #24
UPHOTO

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (7)
Montecristo
UPHOTO is on a distinguished road

I'm a big time pizza snob and dominos was just horrid. BUT I have to say I tried their new improved recipe and I have to give them props on making such a huge change. Still not the greatest pizza but it's not that bad now.

I do have to say that they have the best website I have seen in a long time for a retail experience. Big props to them on the makeover.
UPHOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #25
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I tried it and thought it was very tasty! There are some local restaurants that make much better pizza but for a cheap, fast pizza fix Dominoes may be my new go to.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #26
Cigary

In our area they are "guaranteeing" their pizza. If you don't like it you get your money back. I don't like Dominos as a rule but if they are going to put their money where their mouth is I'll try it again. If it's good then I can't beyotch it out but if it sucks I get my money back,,period.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #27
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

I would like to give them a try. I give them credit for actually listening to the people and doing a complete over-haul of their product.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:45 AM   #28
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
As opposed to "fake shredded cheese"?

Or just fake cheese?
oil based cheese instead of milk based cheese. Also known as cheese food
Old 01-16-2010, 06:31 AM   #29
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

I felt the old Dominos was so-so, I always liked it better than Pizza Hut but not better than Papa. The new Dominos is MUCH better IMHO. Still prefer Papa Johns when it comes to pizza over all the national chains. One thing unique about Dominos I continue to love are their bread bowl pastas. They are . I also think Domino's cheesy bread and cinna-stix are better than any other pizza chain's bread or desert item

Actually i've only had the chicken alfredo but it's too good to try a different one

Old 01-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #30
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
oil based cheese instead of milk based cheese. Also known as cheese food
Thanks. So they were actually using that crap all these years...

That explains a lot.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #31
acruce
Just killing Time

Trading: (1)
Bolivar
acruce is on a distinguished road

There new pizza is pretty good. I had it today. Kind of skimpy on the toppings though.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:05 PM   #32
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by acruce View Post
There new pizza is pretty good. I had it today. Kind of skimpy on the toppings though.
domino's is always skimpy on the toppings. I use to order triple bacon pizzas back in the day, until I noticed that they never put any more bacon on the pizza than they did a one topping bacon. I called to complain and they basically told me to Fugg off...

Insert quote here.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #33
Darrell

I'll stick with Mountain Mikes.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #34
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
I'll stick with Mountain Mikes.
Yeah, we don't have those.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #35
tobii3

Who the hell puts pineapple on a friggin pizza???

What next, a fruit lovers pizza?? (wait....would they call it a California Special??)
Old 01-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #36
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

My favorite pizza is Donato's Pepperoni Pizza
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #37
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post

What next, a fruit lovers pizza?? (wait....would they call it a California Special??)

Sorry my Cali botls, but that was funny!

Insert quote here.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #38
nayslayer
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Larry
Trading: (0)
nayslayer is on a distinguished road

I live in NY and there are plenty of half decent pizza placed around that are good. I had Dominios moons ago and gave me heartburn. I used to love pizza hut, but that stuff is all grease. Uno's is the a chain place that has some good pie.
nayslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #39
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post

Pepperoni & Pineapple

One of our faves
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:55 PM   #40
Larry

Andy:
If you want a pretty decent Chicago deep dish, delivered to your place, I'd recommend:

http://www.giordanos.com/

While not my absolute favorite, still a good pie, and friends who have moved away have always appreciated when I have shipped them one of these.