Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-17-2016, 07:41 AM   #1
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

First Name: Neil
Trading: (26)
Partagas
nutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nice
Default Tatuaje Cojonu 2012

So, according to Padron snr, cigar beetles like sweet tobacco. That may be, but the little guy that munched on this stick has some class. After amputation proximal to the beetle holes and dissecting open the damaged bits, I kept most of the cigar intact for consumption.

I lit this stick about halfway in. As is my experience with Tats in general, you get a strong peppery bang right off the bat. (This despite the front half missing in this case) I worked through the first few centimeters, and this cigar got into its stride. I think I have got used to stronger tobacco over the years, and so I find Tats increasingly appealing at times.

The flavours are on the organic - meaty spectrum - reminiscent of roasted beef, or perhaps a hearty stew. Later on a bit of maple undertone did bring a sweet element in. The herbs and spice persist. With a few years of age on it, there are no nasty chemical elements. Nicotine level is noticeable, but not insane.

A well made long fill cigar, it clung to the ash for a good two inches before I tapped it clear. I concluded the smoke with a delicious bitter espresso (local roaster - "Black Pearl.")

No beetle pop or mass migration during the cremation, so I still don't know where the little bugger got to.

Given this was a limited release, I am "one and done" with this particular cigar. If you have any left, I would suggest you start smoking them, as they are ready!

Old 05-17-2016, 07:50 AM   #2
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

First Name: Neil
Trading: (26)
Partagas
nutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nice
Default Re: Tatuaje Cojonu 2012

PS - I see there is a box for sale in the WTS area ("Rare and hard to find boxes")
No connection to the seller, other than recent excellent experience in a trade)