Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-27-2021, 11:50 AM   #1
srduggins
Feeling at Home

First Name: steve
Trading: (37)
LGC
srduggins will become famous soon enoughsrduggins will become famous soon enough
Default Tatuaje Negociant Monopole 2017

Bought this at a Pete event in nearby Akron 4.5 years ago. Supposed to be like a wine negociant label. It is quite tasty with a creamy, nutty taste and notes of dry decaying wood with hints of fruit, not unlike a negociant Chateau Neuf des Papes or a Guigal Cotes du Rhone Villages. (Although, its been a looooong time since I've had either). Perhaps the negociant name has affected my easily suggestible brain. It is easy to retrohale but in no danger of being past its prime.

The second third is bringing on some smoky meatiness without the char while maintaining the other flavors. The ash is holding well and the burn line is pristine. I think there was some talk of this blend being specially made for the event with some Sancti Spiritus leaf added or maybe that was the L'Atelier Identite', but I like this stick better. The wrapper looks more rustic than the Ecuador Connecticut leaf that it is supposed to be so maybe that was the difference.

A small touch up near the half way point, but this stick is smoking easy and the ash is hanging on. I'd happily smoke more of these, but this is my last one. Not much change besides the flavors diminishing into the smoky, woodiness. The ash just fell neatly into my stinky. What a nice well-behaved cigar.

Barring any significant changes, I'll end my review here.
Old 08-27-2021, 04:31 PM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tatuaje Negociant Monopole 2017

Thanks for the review, Steve. I feel like we were sitting together on a peninsula near a bay while you told it.

Next year?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 08:45 AM   #3
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Delicious cigar!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 02:45 AM   #4
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

I'm a fan. Great review!
Old 08-29-2021, 05:49 AM   #5
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Great review. I could do with simpler names for cigar lines and sizes though. Hard for me to remember and pronounce correctly.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:13 AM   #6
srduggins
Feeling at Home

First Name: steve
Trading: (37)
LGC
srduggins will become famous soon enoughsrduggins will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys, Tom - Hope to be there next year (or anywhere), but don't expect me to wax poetic about a cigar at a herf. I'm usually too busy enjoying the ambience (and avoiding you).
Old 08-29-2021, 09:29 AM   #7
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by srduggins View Post
Thanks guys, Tom - Hope to be there next year (or anywhere), but don't expect me to wax poetic about a cigar at a herf. I'm usually too busy enjoying the ambience (and avoiding you).

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote