Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Opus X Perfecxion#5

I am really enjoying smaller cigars lately, so seeing one of these, I grabbed it and let it sit for w few months in my humidor. Actually, more like a year.

Last night I burned it.

This is a very good looking stick with a great looking wrapper, and well constructed. This isn't lacking for fill.

It took a flame well, and we were off. Draw was a bit tight, but not a serious problem. And the burn was very even.

Initially, it was rather tasty, a bit of spice, sweet, some cedar and leather, and hints of coffee seemed to dominate. It was on the stronger side of medium bodied. It never really "WOWed" me though.

Then it turned on me just about the 1/2 way point. It got bitter and rancid tasting. I don't know how to describe it. I tried to purge a couple times, to no effect. I don't puff hard on a stick, once every 45 seconds or so, if that. And now, it is frying my tongue.

Needless to say, I set it down with 1.5 - 2 inches of it left. I was disappointed, seriously disappointed.

I still have a couple Opus left in the humidor, but I must say that this one has made me put off smoking another anytime soon, maybe they need more agining. I don't know.

I'd say it was because of the humidor, but I smoke out of it regularly and didn't have a problem.

Is this unusual? Or is it me?
Old 03-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
BamBam
Just Pipin'

Trading: (37)
Montecristo
BamBam will become famous soon enoughBamBam will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Opus X Perfecxion#5

I have heard that the #5 is the most harsh of all the Opus line. The #5 is actually the only one I've ever had and it definitely didn't wow me. I actually didn't care for it.
BamBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
karmaz00
Habanos

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Partagas
karmaz00 is on a distinguished road

hopefully the other are better for ya
Old 03-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
I have heard that the #5 is the most harsh of all the Opus line. The #5 is actually the only one I've ever had and it definitely didn't wow me. I actually didn't care for it.
If the 2nd half had been like the first half, I'd have enjoyed it.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Nice review sir!!!