Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Legend

Default perdomo slow aged

Time for another legend review. I've reviewed this cigar before, but not here.

This is an internet only cheapo that is med bodied and become a day to day favorite of mine. I actually find myself craving one when I want something a little harsher and tobaccoy (not a word but can't think of another). The burn well and are constructed well look nice and have a nice nicaraguan pop.

Solid yard gar. Legend rating 2.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: Legend - perdomo slow aged

Is the name of the cigar "Legend"? Something new from Perdomo? or part of the CI legends series? Size? Vitola? Shape?
Bueller?
Old 03-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #3
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
Is the name of the cigar "Legend"? Something new from Perdomo? or part of the CI legends series? Size? Vitola? Shape?
Bueller?
No, Legend is his username, as in "...in his own mind."
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Col. Kurtz - Likes these as well
Old 03-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

I like the Slow Aged maduros.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I like the Slow Aged maduros.
I like these too from time to time. But I'd say I probably by the naturals at 4 to 1 over the maduros. The maduros tend to be more bitter particularly the robustos.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
Legend

Quote:
Bueller?
I put it at the beginning of all my reviews it let's my fans(I think I have 2 my wife and my mom) easily identify my reviews.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
I put it at the beginning of all my reviews it let's my fans(I think I have 2 my wife and my mom) easily identify my reviews.
Oh... how... uh... interesting.

mumbles to self.... control panel... click "okay"...

Interesting way you do things, uh.. unique.... I have read some of your posts....
Old 03-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #9
Legend

Quote:
Oh... how... uh... interesting.

mumbles to self.... control panel... click "okay"...

Interesting way you do things, uh.. unique.... I have read some of your posts....
Oo oo. Do I have a 3rd confirmed fan? I mean thee may be others out there. But to confirm it. Very huge. (eye roll)

Ok you got me. It makes it easier for me to find my posts.

Besides my fan club is for my kareoke talents not my cigar reviews... Duh! That and the folks at the tin foil hat club. I've been accused of being a conspiracy theorist. But actually I'm a mild mannered, conservative (viva la revolution) reporter for the daily planet. If I go crazy will you still call me ...
Old 03-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #10
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Quote:
Oo oo. Do I have a 3rd confirmed fan? I mean thee may be others out there. But to confirm it. Very huge. (eye roll)

Besides my fan club is for my kareoke talents not my cigar reviews... Duh! That and the folks at the tin foil hat club. I've been accused of being a conspiracy theorist. But actually I'm a mild mannered, conservative (viva la revolution) reporter for the daily planet. If I go crazy will you still call me ...
Old 03-06-2009, 05:28 AM   #11
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

LGC

Quote:

Sorry, no. I am only a fan of MCS. If you peruse your menu bar at the top, you will find two buttons that say "My Topics" and "My Replies." Ever so much more subtle and useful.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:49 AM   #12
Smoke Naked
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bill
Trading: (0)
CoastGuard (Served With Honor)
Smoke Naked is on a distinguished road
Default Re: perdomo slow aged

I actually keep a list of people that have reviewed cigars I've smoked and if our experiences are similar I will look at other reviews by them to help me decide on my next purchase. With so many options on smokes I sometimes have a hard time pulling the trigger so when I get a positive review on something I've wanted to try and reviewed by someone whos reviews are good then it makes it much easier for me.

As far as Legend goes, his 'yard gar' is usually up my alley on a possible daily smoke. I'm new to this and on a tight budget so thanks to Legend and all the folks who take the time to review cigars.

anyway, I'll go back to lurking

♥ ♦ Palio Fanboy Here ♣ ♠
Smoke Naked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:33 AM   #13
Legend

Quote:
Sorry, no. I am only a fan of MCS. If you peruse your menu bar at the top, you will find two buttons that say "My Topics" and "My Replies." Ever so much more subtle and useful.
I'm really bad at getting sarcasm accross on my posts.

Its is for easy identification of others. I am aware of the" my buttons" and just arrogant enough to think it necessary. Or that others will want it. Kind of a "branding". Its silly and delusional but it makes me happy.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:35 AM   #14
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Naked View Post
I actually keep a list of people that have reviewed cigars I've smoked and if our experiences are similar I will look at other reviews by them to help me decide on my next purchase. With so many options on smokes I sometimes have a hard time pulling the trigger so when I get a positive review on something I've wanted to try and reviewed by someone whos reviews are good then it makes it much easier for me.

As far as Legend goes, his 'yard gar' is usually up my alley on a possible daily smoke. I'm new to this and on a tight budget so thanks to Legend and all the folks who take the time to review cigars.

anyway, I'll go back to lurking
Thank you. And keep it lit my friend!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #15
gvarsity
still crazy

Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough

Nice review. I consider these better than a yard gar they are a nice cigar. I prefer the natural to the maduros. The natural is a mild and very smooth, rich creamy smoke. These are a great cigar to give to casual cigar smokers as well. They are good enough that I'm willing to smoke them with them but accessible enough that casual smokers will enjoy them and cheap enough you don't cringe when they stub them out after an inch or two. Always like to keep a mazo in the humi of these.
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #16
thebiglebowski
Jack White's Roadie...

First Name: larry
Trading: (0)
Partagas
thebiglebowski is on a distinguished road

thebiglebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #17
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvarsity View Post
Nice review. I consider these better than a yard gar they are a nice cigar. I prefer the natural to the maduros. The natural is a mild and very smooth, rich creamy smoke. These are a great cigar to give to casual cigar smokers as well. They are good enough that I'm willing to smoke them with them but accessible enough that casual smokers will enjoy them and cheap enough you don't cringe when they stub them out after an inch or two. Always like to keep a mazo in the humi of these.
Excellent point on sharing them. Indeed I would go for it if I knew the person I was sharing with was not a seasoned smoker.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #18
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Not to pick on you but certain standards are the size of the smoke, the wrapper if there are more than one wrapper for a cigar line, and other minor things like appearance, draw, pre-light flavor and any flavors detected. I don't see any of this in this review. At a minimum say it was a robusto, natural wrapper and it didn't suck. That's a review that is useful. At least you did say that it is internet.And by the way, I know some seasoned cigar smokers who enjoy this cigar so you sound a bit like a snob and elitist.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #19
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Not to pick on you but certain standards are the size of the smoke, the wrapper if there are more than one wrapper for a cigar line, and other minor things like appearance, draw, pre-light flavor and any flavors detected. I don't see any of this in this review. At a minimum say it was a robusto, natural wrapper and it didn't suck. That's a review that is useful. At least you did say that it is internet.And by the way, I know some seasoned cigar smokers who enjoy this cigar so you sound a bit like a snob and elitist.
Sometimes I include these details sometimes not. For the slow aged. It only comes in natural and maduro and I would have specified maduro. And for this particular cigar in the natural the size has made no difference so I didn't mention it.
I will however pay more attention to that in the future and either specify the size or say I'm talking about all sizes. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #20
Thrak
.. the man from Nantucket

Trading: (2)
HUpmann
Thrak is on a distinguished road

Just had one of these, I really enjoyed it. (natural 6x52 btw )

The draw was great, the burn was not. Could've been that I never rotated it though and its been in my humi for 4+ months.

The beginning was a little strong for me, but by 1-1.5 inches in it had mellowed and I got some sweet flavors from it. The last 3rd was great as well other than a split wrapper.

I will definitely look for thses again.
Thrak is offline   Reply With Quote