Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #5241
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

yep, $180-$210 es about par for the course for every 15" free float rail out there that won't fall apart on you or instantly transform your AR into a replica boat anchor.

Here's the 15" rail that I want to get for my 20" upper. 15" at the top, 16 3/8" at the bottom. Only tradeoff is that I have to change out the barrel nut, which is ok, because the nut on my 20" is well worn... but still, a PITA. :/ ... kinda want to stick one on the 16" as well.... but already have a Midwest SS15 for that one, and don't have toe change the nut...
(pictured is on an 18" upper)

Old 02-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #5242
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

what is it?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #5243
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
what is it?
Diamondhead V-RS T

There's some more pics here on arfcom, including the cleverly designed barrel nut. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/58...Handguard.html
Old 02-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #5244
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

downside, for a 16" barrel you almost have to go with the 13.5" top rail. here's a picture of the 15" rail on a 16" gun.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #5245
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

How much are they? That looks sweet
Old 02-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #5246
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Damn you Francis. That Diamondhead it slick looking. For me, I don't really need a true quad rail as i doubt I'll put anything on it other than a vertical grip. I like the sleeker lines of these configurable rail systems. Now you just muddied the waters even more.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #5247
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

about par for the course.
$190 for the 13.5"
$210 for the 15"

There's also a 13" VRS-TD model that's designed to retrofit over the top of a delta ring, no cutting or mods needed, for $220... but I prefer the look of the "T" model going all the way back to the receiver.
http://www.store-diamondhead-usa.com...tem_p/2281.htm
Old 02-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #5248
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Damn you Francis. That Diamondhead it slick looking. For me, I don't really need a true quad rail as i doubt I'll put anything on it other than a vertical grip. I like the sleeker lines of these configurable rail systems. Now you just muddied the waters even more.
did you follow the arfcom link and check out the barrel nut design? That's what sold me... if I gotta change a barrel nut out, THAT'S the nut I want to put on! beefy and slim, no gas port timing issues!

And I likewise don't need a quad... I want lightweight. Quad rail with an accessory on the end of it on a 20" rifle and the damed thing start7 getting hard to shoot offhand, too much weight on the end.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #5249
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Wow, that is a beefy barrel nut. I'd probably get the drop in model, cause I too am lazy and don't have the proper tools to change it out.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #5250
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

I don't have the right tools either.... but that's never stopped me from getting into trouble before
Old 02-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #5251
Bondo 287
Runaway Train

First Name: Mikael
Trading: (0)
Cohiba
Bondo 287 will become famous soon enough

Pardon the break in the action. But wanted to add to picture time here. Here's the new muzzle break installed. My Picatinny rail is like 6" .

Your rifles look really sweet. If I add an upper kit, then I can add a stock. But I like it this way.

Last edited by Bondo 287; 02-15-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #5252
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Not my rifle, not yet. just a pic from the net

lol, that's a mean looking gun right there.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #5253
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Damn. I guess i didn't look closely the first time. The drop in DH rail doesn't look like the VRS-TD. And the shortest is 10.5". That would require me to get a new low profile gas block. Decisions, decisions.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #5254
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking for know View Post
Because sharing is caring:

Just rub salt into the wound why dont'cha .

Nice USP! ! !

If I could get a suppressor for my HK45 I would be all over it.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #5255
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Is the HK .40 for concealed carry?
Old 02-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #5256
ChicagoWhiteSox

Anyone ever buy from Glock Store? How is their service? Are they really selling factory direct Glocks?

Old 02-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #5257
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've bought from them (Glock Store) directly at gun shows, great service and very knowledgeable guys.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #5258
Bondo 287
Runaway Train

Cohiba

No idea. But the name is uncomfortably busy on ripoff report.

https://www.google.com/search?q=glock%20store%20reviews&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a
Old 02-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #5259
Bondo 287
Runaway Train

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
I've bought from them (Glock Store) directly at gun shows, great service and very knowledgeable guys.

Could just be understaffed for internet sales.. I dunno.. use a credit card with buyer protection and then no big deal right?
Old 02-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #5260
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondo 287 View Post
Could just be understaffed for internet sales.. I dunno.. use a credit card with buyer protection and then no big deal right?
Wow, good to know! I guess they put on a different face when the transactions are face to face.
Closed Thread