Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-05-2015, 08:27 AM   #1
iaMkcK
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jarrett
Trading: (8)
HUpmann
iaMkcK will become famous soon enough
Default Hey hey hey, long time no see

Hey all! For those that remember me, how's it going? For those that don't.. Well, I am kcK. I'm sorry I dropped off the face of the planet so long ago, but I wound up having some pretty serious health problems. I've been over 300 pounds now for quite some time. Matter of factly, since at least graduation of high school. Being a big boy sure hasn't helped what wound up causing me to slow down on the cigars.

I was on a pretty big roll. Slippery slopin' and smoking anything I could get my hands on. Then I started to realize I was getting heartburn all the time. It took a bit of experimenting, but I eventually figured out the cause. I could wind up getting surgery, but the best advice I've gotten from the Doc is to lose the weight, and see where we are. I'm taking this route.

And now, I've dropped over 40 pounds since Thanksgiving, and I'm finally under 300 pounds for the first time in easily half a decade. Life is starting to turn pretty decent, and the girly and I are looking at buying a house -- but first things first, I'll be looking at clearing up any small debts (And naturally, I have a humidor with hundreds of cigars).

The reason for this post, is to let you guys know that I'm not an idiot. I know I got bombed quite a bit, and I would never sell what I got bombed. I'm going to be going through my collection, and also looking at old pictures and seeing who bombed me what. Before I ever post a sale ad, I'm going to ensure all those cigars go back to who gave to me. And when the time does come, if you notice I put up something that you may have bombed me, send me a pm and I will immediately rectify the issue. The fact is, you guys showed me so much love. I would never try and screw anyone over that showed me so much love.

I also didn't know quite where to post this -- and I sure didn't want to piss off anyone by posting somewhere that this didn't belong.

Either way, I'm still going to keep a treasured box. I can't get rid of all of them. Alas, I can't realistically expect to burn through all these tasty sticks. So, at this point, I'm going into a retirement of sorts. Later down the road, once I get my health problems handled, I may pop up again. For the time being, gotta focus on getting healthy, and making the right choices. I surely cherish the few meet ups I hit up, and the people I've met.

I'll try to not be such a stranger, yeah?
Old 06-05-2015, 09:09 AM   #2
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice
Default Re: Hey hey hey, long time no see

Glad to see that you are doing well. Congratulations on the weight loss and the new view of life. You deserve it, Brother.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:36 AM   #3
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Welcome home, brother, and good luck in your pursuit of a healthy and happy lifestyle. And in an attempt to lighten your workload, please be advised that I never bombed you, so you don't "owe" me iaMkcK . . . uh, I mean jack.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:57 AM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Good to hear things are going in a positive direction, Jarrett, continued success in your endeavors/ Definitely don't be a stranger.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:22 AM   #5
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Jarrett I missed your ugly mug!!! Wondered what happened to ya. Glad you are getting your life in order, sounds like it's on the up & up. Keep it going bro and yes don't be a stranger.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:33 AM   #6
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Nice to see you Jarrett. Glad your getting your health in order.

As for the sticks you were bombed, let me share my point of view.
I understand your perspective and not everyone will agree with me but those cigars are gifts to do with as you please. Sure. You'd love to smoke and enjoy each and every one of them. But to me, once I gift anyone cigars, it is theirs. And, honestly, I would never return gifted cigars. IMO, if people are concerned with what the recipient does with the cigars, they shouldn't be giving them away.

Don't be a stranger.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:49 AM   #7
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Glad to see you back and on an upswing! I'm in the same big boy boat, same heart burn all that fun stuff, I'm down over 50 pounds and I went from drinking 5 cups of coffee a day to 2 cups of tea (without sugar and cream) a day, that really helped the heartburn for me. Keep up the good work! (personally I like to / look forward to buying normal people clothes )
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:40 AM   #8
iaMkcK
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jarrett
Trading: (8)
HUpmann
iaMkcK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post

I understand your perspective and not everyone will agree with me but those cigars are gifts to do with as you please. Sure. You'd love to smoke and enjoy each and every one of them. But to me, once I gift anyone cigars, it is theirs. And, honestly, I would never return gifted cigars. IMO, if people are concerned with what the recipient does with the cigars, they shouldn't be giving them away.

Don't be a stranger.
I appreciate your input, truly. I was thinking that if the people don't want them back, when I do sell stuff off, I may just do mini bombs with the sales. Whatever couldn't be returned will become a bonus stick or 2 with peoples purchases. If they were gifts, let them stay that way. I just don't want to profit off my brothers in an unfair fashion. Either way, I'm easily a month off from selling anyways.

And thanks to all of you for the kind words. It's so refreshing to see the positivity I know and love from you guys. This has been a big decision for a long time. I haven't really ever wanted to part with these sticks. The girly made mention once or twice of selling them, and she understood. Alas, I'm faced with bigger opportunities.

I can always fall down this slippery slope again if it becomes something I am capable of enjoying again, without pain. :-)
Old 06-05-2015, 02:11 PM   #9
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Glad to hear things are getting better Jarrett!!

I believe I bombed you a whole bunch of CC's, just make sure I get those back and sell the rest

I say do what you want/need to do with any of the cigars you have, good luck with continued good health
Old 06-05-2015, 02:25 PM   #10
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Good luck! Fall down the slippery slope of good health and longevity. Cigars will always be around - ensure you will, too.

See ya!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #11
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post

Don't be a stranger.
I have to agree with Peter 100%, gifts are gifts and should be done with them what you will, I personally would be bummed if someone returned a gift to me instead of enjoying it or even selling it and enjoying the money from it. That being said it's just my as well.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:52 PM   #12
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Why not give them to the troops?

Congrats on the progress so far on journey to the new you. As someone who was once 300+, I can empathize. Just take it a day at a time.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:26 AM   #13
stevef2005
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (4)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
stevef2005 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Why not give them to the troops?
Bob beat me too it but donating what you don't feel comfortable selling to the troops would be a great idea. I am sure anyone who gave them too you would have no issue with that.

Great job on the weight loss as well. I am starting to get back up in size myself unfortunately but hopefully once I get closed on my new house and get settled in I can get back into a normal routine and lose a few lbs. Keep up the progress and take it a day at a time.
stevef2005 is offline   Reply With Quote