Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-03-2019, 03:19 AM   #3361
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0400 and it's back to work Tuesday. We had plenty of snow the past 2 day as West Point was “WEST POINT IS CODE RED ALL DAY.” This means that only employees in weather essential positions should report for work. Employees in non-weather essential positions should not report to work until their next regularly scheduled workday.

https://www.army.mil/article/158093/..._at_west_point

It's all good as Beth and I are flying out this evening to spend 6 days in the Keys (3 days at Hawks Cay Resort - https://www.hawkscay.com/ and 3 days in Key West staying at the Navy Lodge - https://www.navymwrkeywest.com/progr...1-458fd479f213). I'll be checking in from time to time. Enjoy your week everyone and be safe out there.......
Old 12-10-2019, 03:36 AM   #3362
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is back on at 0420 and it's "back to work Tuesday". We got home last night from Florida safe and sound. Beth and I had a great week in the sun as always. Congrats to the Eagles last night on a come back win in OT over the Giants with a score of 23 - 17. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys.......
Old 12-11-2019, 03:49 AM   #3363
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". We had an "Adverse Weather Conference Call" this morning at 0445 with the current weather conditions here in the Hudson Valley. West Point is "Code Red" until 0900 in order to give the on-post as well as the local snow crews time to clear the roads and parking lots. I hope you all have a great and remember to be safe out there.......

Last edited by Stogieman; 12-11-2019 at 03:56 AM.
Stogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:49 AM   #3364
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's a chilly Thursday morning as we speak. Currently, the temp outside with the windchill is 8°F and the high for today will only reach 31°F. Definitely dress in layers today if you have to be outside for a while here in the Hudson Valley. This evening, Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar is hosting their annual Christmas party. Here is a cut and paste from the email that was sent out yesterday:

Hi everyone. Just wanted to remind you about the Christmas Party tomorrow at Hudson Valley Cigars/ Schlesinger's 12/12 between 5-9 pm.
Music by Harrison Street
Appetizers (Ziti, Meatball, Chicken)
Liquor tasting- Loch Lomond (Single Malt Scotch Whiskey)
10% off cigars except boxes.
Hope to see you all there.
Thanks, Peg

As always, it'll be a packed house so get there early. Enjoy everyone and I hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight........
Old 12-13-2019, 03:29 AM   #3365
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a great time at the annual Schlesinger's Christmas Party, the place was packed and all. Heading down to Philly shortly for the weekend as tomorrow is the Army / Navy Game. The weather doesn't look promising as they are calling for rain for the next two day. It's always a great time no matter what, at least the temps will be in the mid 50s. Have a great weekend all and Go Army, Beat Navy.........
Old 12-16-2019, 03:48 AM   #3366
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. We had a great week down in Philly, unfortunately Army lost to Navy in the game. Got to see a lot of friends throughout the weekend which is always the best part. Congrats to the Eagles on their win yesterday, keep it up fellas as there's 2 regular season games left. Enjoy your week everyone and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 12-18-2019, 03:55 AM   #3367
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's already "Hump Day". Yesterday was a Code "Red" day at West Point as the Hudson Valley had an ice storm and the roads to the Installation were hazardous. The local road crews and the West Point DPW workers got things cleaned up and were back to normal today. Enjoy all and remember that there's still a few icy spots out there.......
Old 12-19-2019, 03:57 AM   #3368
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar enjoying primo stogies. It's our last Thursday evening together at Schlesinger's before Christmas and I know that there will be a lot of cigar gifting and all. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well........
Old 12-20-2019, 04:08 AM   #3369
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's Friday! We had a fabulous time at Schlesinger's last night, top shelf cigars were enjoyed and all. The NY Rangers are on tonight at 1900 (7 pm) taking on the Toronto Maple Leafs at home, lets go fellas, you got this. Enjoy the weekend all and smoke a favorite or two if you get the time.......
Old 12-23-2019, 03:42 AM   #3370
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday (even though I only have to work a half day today and I'm off until the 26th). Beth and I had a great weekend, her Jets won yesterday as did my Eagles. The NY Rangers split so far and play again tonight at 1900 (7 pm). Saturday, I went to the cigar shop in the morning and hung with the fellas and then in the afternoon, Beth and I went to a family Christmas party and had a great time. Enjoy your week everyone, hope you have a very Merry Christmas and be safe.......
Old 12-24-2019, 06:28 AM   #3371
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the espresso coffee is on and it's Christmas Eve. Beth and I will be taking the train to NYC this afternoon to as we are going to Midnight Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral with Cardinal Dolan hosting the Mass: https://saintpatrickscathedral.org/
With the Mass ending after 1am and the infrequent train schedule, we are staying overnight in the City at the Edison Hotel: https://www.edisonhotelnyc.com/
I see that the NY Rangers got beat by the Philadelphia Flyers last night 5 - 1, lets go fellas and turn things around this coming weekend. Enjoy your Christmas Eve all and remember that family, friends and love is the best gift of all.......
Old 12-26-2019, 03:47 AM   #3372
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Thursday. Beth and I had a great couple of days to say the least. NYC and Midnight Mass at St. Patrick's was the best. We got home yesterday, opened gifts and then went over to her sister's house for Christmas dinner (ziti, Italian sausages and homemade meatballs). This evening, we'll be heading over to Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar to relax and enjoy a couple of top shelf stogies that have been aging for a few years. Enjoy everyone and I hope a few of the local S/BOTL can join us tonight.......
Old 12-27-2019, 04:03 AM   #3373
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's already Friday! We had a great time at Schlesinger's last night, the place was packed and we had friends in for the holidays from all over the US. Sports wise this weekend, tonight the NY Rangers take on the Carolina Hurricanes at home. We also have numerous Bowl Games throughout and on Sunday, the Eagles take on the Giants at 1625 (45 pm). Eagles win, their in the playoffs and knock out the Cowboys. Enjoy the weekend all and smoke a favorite or two or........
Old 12-30-2019, 03:44 AM   #3374
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday for the last time this century. Spent Saturday morning with the guys at the cigar shop and then slow grilled a beer can chicken in the afternoon. Beth has been dealing with a cold all weekend so we had Bowl games on all day Saturday and then yesterday watched NFL games as well. Congrats to the Eagles on their win and advancing to the playoffs next Sunday. The NY Rangers lost Friday evening and came back to win it Saturday evening to split the weekend. They take on the Edmonton Oilers tomorrow evening starting at 2100 (9 pm) to close out 2019. I hope everyone has a great New Years week, enjoy and be safe out there.......
Old 12-31-2019, 03:53 AM   #3375
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0400 as I couldn't sleep any longer. I hope you all have a safe New Years Eve and a healthy and prosperous 2020. Enjoy.......
Old 01-02-2020, 03:42 AM   #3376
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's the first work day in 2020. Beth and I stayed home New Years Eve and relaxed as we did yesterday watching College Bowl games all day. This evening, we'll be heading over to Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar to see the local S/BOTL and hopefully watch some of tonight's NY Rangers game. Enjoy everyone and I hope you get to smoke a favorite or two as well.......
Old 01-03-2020, 03:51 AM   #3377
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's, the place was hoppin' and all. Unfortunately, the NY Rangers lost 4 - 3. They'll be back at it tomorrow evening against Vancouver, lets go fellas and do this. In other sports this weekend, we still have a couple of college bowl games and the NFL Playoffs start tomorrow. I'll be rooting for the Eagles Sunday afternoon against the Seahawks which starts at 1640 (4:40 pm), Go Birds. Enjoy the weekend all........
Old 01-06-2020, 03:53 AM   #3378
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. We had a good weekend overall, spent Saturday at the cigar shop with the fellas after I got my tires rotated on the Jeep. Watched a number of NFL games throughout, unfortunately there were some losses to include the Eagles game yesterday afternoon. All I got to say now is that Catchers and Pitchers report between the 10th and the 12th of February:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/...41wtmgcckq7hen

The NY Rangers came up short Saturday night 2 - 1, they take on the Avalanche tomorrow evening at home starting at 1930 (7:30 pm). Enjoy your week everyone and I hope you get to smoke a favorite or two or........
Old 01-07-2020, 03:29 AM   #3379
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's a brisk morning here in the Hudson Valley. The weather guessers over at NOAA are predicting 1 to 2 inches of snow this evening, the shovel is ready along with the salt for treatment. Enjoy all and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 01-08-2020, 03:53 AM   #3380
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". Congrats to the NY Rangers on winning last night 5 - 3 over the Avalanche, they'll be back at it tomorrow evening against the NJ Devils. We never got the snow yesterday that they predicted (thank god) but they are still calling for a chance this afternoon:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...6#.XhWzfql7mi4

Enjoy everyone and I hope you get to smoke a favorite today.......