Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2015, 11:43 PM   #1
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Confessions of a US Navy Blue Angel

Really great insight into the Blue Angels, written by #8 for two years. I have actually met the author (the entire demo team actually) one time here in San Diego through a friend at work that was a combat pilot and ended up as the navigator on the USS Kennedy, pretty cool.

It's long but a very good read.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/con...gel-1689568343
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:46 AM   #2
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation
Default Re: Confessions of a US Navy Blue Angel

Very nice! He was one of the last F-14 demo pilots. Boss McWherter was sacrificed on the alter of political correctness. I know I couldn't put on a happy face as often as these guys have to! The cream of the crop!
Old 03-15-2015, 05:16 PM   #3
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Confessions of a US Navy Blue Angel

I agree, he went to the gallows as a sacrifice for the good of the team.

How many times in that article did he say they aren't rock stars, you know the more someone says something isn't true the more likely it is to be. Haha they are defiantly rock stars, I heard some great stories and how base commanders all the way up to admirals will and do bend over backwards for the demo teams, a lot of time just to get to fly in that second seat, but dinners and autographs, pictures with the families and even extended families. Really awesome in my book, even though I grew up a mile from Partick Air Force Base in FL, so I'm a Thunderbird guy at heart
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote