Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #41
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Going to pop the question...need ring suggestions!

Update: Just Talked To My Wife & She Said She Would Rather I Picked Out The Ring Beforehand & Surprised Her! You're On The Right Track, Brother!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #42
glassjapan
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (11)
glassjapan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Going to pop the question...need ring suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
I have been in the business for over 25 years and here are a couple things that I tell my friends:

Get a certified diamond, preferably GIA certified, they are the gold standard for diamond certification.

14k or platinum solitaire settings never go out of style.

Stick with a standard shape diamond (this one is my preference but it has not failed), you cannot go wrong with a Round Brilliant Cut.

If had to choose between attributes, I always say to NEVER skimp on color. You'll find 1 million diamonds out there with the standard "G-H-I" color range, but once you place a D or E color diamond next to any of those, you'll never question this recommendation again.

Also, be aware of any place that uses ranges when specifying color or clarity. If they say G-H-I or I quality without being specific such as G color, SI2, then you can be sure it's at the low end of that range, and I can guarantee whatever cert they may produce will not be GIA.

Good Luck and Congrats!

In my best Pacino voice, "Are you listening to me Son, I'm giving you pearls here."

Excellent advice Eleven!
glassjapan is offline   Reply With Quote