Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Moving to Denver

After a few months of planning and trying to get things in order, I think I can finally say that I am officially moving to Denver at the end of the year. Back in May my girlfriend graduated from UVA with her masters in nursing to become an NP, and after many interviews got accepted into an incredibly competitive fellowship program at the University of Colorado Denver. This was contingent on her being able to pass the NP certification exam before the end of August, and after failing it the first time by literally one question at the end of July she re-took it yesterday and passed by a pretty healthy margin. With that being the last uncertainty for her, I'm ready to say:

WE ARE MOVING TO COLORADO!!!

This is something we have been wanting to do for years, but haven't been in a situation where it was actually possible, so when she was looking up fellowship programs and found there were only 2-3 in the whole country that fit what she wanted to do, one of which being in Denver, it felt like the ideal opportunity. Every step along the way has been stressful, but we've never been happier.

Today I officially told my company, which sucked but they have plenty of time to get things in order. She doesn't start until the first week in January, so we won't be fully moving until right after Christmas, which means I'll keep working at my current job until 12/23. No thoughts on the next employment move for myself, not really concerned, gonna give that a few months before I start seriously looking.

We have a few friends out that way, but I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the CO guys from here that I haven't had a chance to visit with. We've been out to Denver probably 3-4 times in the last 3 years and loved every time, but they've all been pretty short trips (usually based around concerts at Red Rocks). Going back out the end of September for a few days to go to some concerts and start looking at housing areas/options. Still so much to do, but I finally feel comfortable trying to plan that far out.

I am really hoping that once I get a new job I can slow things down and get out to a few herfs that I haven't been able to with my crazy work schedule. Not much more to say about it right now, still a lot to do and I'll keep you guys updated with how it goes, but wanted to share this bit of info now that it's pretty much a sure thing